Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria...suggestions please!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all
We've let our flat in Les Arcs this year for the whole season...it was an offer we couldn't refuse.

We want to get away for a week or so (midweek travel for reasons) but not till the end of March and fancy Austria for a change. Or maybe Switzerland.

We want: reasonable ski area (we are used to Paradiski..) decent snow (yes I know could be a sticking point that late in the season but sunshine is a compensation!) and easily accessible from UK, by car, via tunnel. Gemutlich Apres ski is sufficient. Cake and beer....

Your recommendations? We have been to Kitzbuhl/Kirchberg, Ski Welt, Silvretta Nova within memory - always keen to try somewhere new.
2 adults ..no kids! Yay! Smile and long time skiers with our own kit.... if you also have a favourite hotel, B & B, apartment etc please recommend away!
Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Saalbach/Hinterglemm for the sense and extent of travel, the on-mountain quality of food, the on and off mountain apres, the towns (stayed in Saalbach, but Hinterglemm is also charming), the public transport (if needed).

Stayed in the Hotel Konig, which is situated at the foot of an enclosed beginner area. In reasonable conditions it is possible to ski to the back door (just a road to cross at the top of the learner area). One of the nicest hotels I've stayed in - excellent food quality and on the edge of the town centre.

You can ski out, sort of....with a bit of poling and if the beginner tow is operating Toofy Grin

TR from last year here...thought that might not be quite the info you're after Embarassed Laughing

Anyway, one for the list, possibly. There is a thread in here that specifically covers the area and there is some excellent info about the Ski Circus.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Difficult year 2014, some of the snow cover isn't as great as we'd like, so I guess you'll need some altitude.

Ischgl in Tyrol (Silvretta) gets my vote.
Try the Hotel Goldener Adler. excellent hotel, good location

Or Serfaus Fiss, at the Fisser Hof.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hmmmm, thinking about it....as you have a car....Ski Amade? Had my first (and definitely not last) experience of the place a few weeks ago. Stayed in Radstadt at Flangesax's place ( highly recommended ).

There are so many options for skiing plus several higher towns just in case things get sketchy lower down (local anecdotal evidence seems to suggest that this is not a usual state of affairs).

Having driven there, Radstadt is extremely easy to get to, as are the other Amade resorts. From there, I think the longest drive was 30/35 minutes.

No problem from the cake & beer perspective, either Toofy Grin
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cacciatore, Just read your report. Ouch! (but self inflicted, no sympathy!)
Saalbach/Hinterglemm is on list as is Serfaus/Fiss (esp because no UK tour ops go there) but I will investigate Amade, as don't mind jumping in the car if needed.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
All I can say currently is not the Zillertal! Great place to ski (been my adopted home for the past 4ish years) but this season is sooooo warm rolling eyes
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowyowl, none expected wink

I wasn't aware of many mainstream UK TOs going to the Amade resorts we visited (Radtstadt, Flachau, Flachau Winkel, Zauchensee. Didn't really need to investigate this in any depth, though, but that was the impression (correct or otherwise) that I had.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Zillertal is excellent for both on and off-piste. Miles and miles of pistes. Lots of off-piste with very few people doing it. It also has the Hintertux glacier which is a snowsure as you can get. The snow should be excellent in early April. St Anton and the Arlberg for superb off-piste. It has been horribly warm but that is set to change, snow should be coming. One good storm and normal service will be resumed!

http://www.bergfex.com/mayrhofen/wetter/berg/
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowyowl,

It's not everyone's cup of tea but I really enjoy Sölden. Its got 3 peaks over 3000m and about 150k of piste. It's about an hour and fifteen from Innsbruck and has night life that goes from pastoral to quite frankly bawdy, but the later is easily avoided. Also there area number of very comfortable hotels, and mountain huts are pretty good too. Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Obergurgl is a great quiet resort and very high, so snow shouldn´t be a problem. If you find it´s not big enough for you, or the Apres Ski´s too tame, then jump on the bus or grab a taxi to Sölden. It´s only 10 minutes away Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
St Anton
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
whitedescents, enjoyed Obergurgl in ..um...1989 I think. Wonder if it has changed?
I subscribe to the view that if you have energy for Apres ski then you weren't skiing hard enough! All I need/am fit for is cake/swim/bath/dinner/beer/sleep... in any order!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy