Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val D'Isere or somewhere in Italy

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Luckily have the chance to go again 15 March to Val D'Isere, but although I love skiing there,this will be 3rd year in March and something inside is saying try a cosy little hotel,half board somewhere else maybe Italy...but have never skied there. Any thoughts on people who always ski in Italy? Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
yes
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It will be different, but I don't think you would be disappointed.

Skiing in Italy is very much about dolce vita. Good piste grooming (assuming you are, like me, a piste skier) and lovely food and drink at reasonable prices. If you want the drama of Val d'Isere (no irony intended, I find it dramatic) and its huge challenging runs then try Selva and the World Cup runs there. You are also near enough to the Hidden Valley, which should be on everyone's must-do list.
Judging by the snow reports, you will not be short of the white stuff.

snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We discussed this earlier today as Mrs.HD and I are bagging a week away on our own.

She siad "somewhere busy so we can go out", I suggested Val.D and then reaslised how espensive it actually is.

I think we'll end up on the Sella Ronda somewhere instead.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks guys. Cruising around trying to avoid anything to taxing on our legs is the key! Will have a look at Selva and the Sella Ronda for a start.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kiters, maybe worth throwing Madonna di Campiglio into the mix too. Fabulous town in the Brenta Dolomites with some great cruisey skiing all over the area. Terrirfic food. No eye-watering prices on the mountain.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Kiters, Nahhhhhhhhhh, Italy?? Skiing??? Naaahhhhhhhhh.

Whilst VdI/EK has some world class skiing, definitive pistes, and a reptation as a top-class ski resort, sadly it has considerable draw backs as a pleasant place to ski.

Just as Italian ski resorts have their drawbacks too..............

You mean on mountain prices like 6 Euros in total for a beer, glass of half decent wine, and a small bottle of water (Rifugio Belvedere, Champoluc, 16th Jan 2014 prices). Superb piste preparation, excellent snow (as of yesterday 90/200 cms - Gressoney with 30 cms expected this wekend), and 180 plus kms of interlinked resorts (Monte Rosa). Lunches that don't break the bank (Half litre of house white, 2 main courses, plus litre bottle of water 22 Euros - Rascard Frantze, just below Crest Gondola, Champoluc), or 2 decent sized glasses of white wine, 1 large beer, 1 Calzone pizza, one Sicilian pizza (both LARGE) for 27 Euros (Lo Bistrot, Champoluc). AND, local workers rather than "brought in" or ex-pats, those who actually care about their mountain, rather than those who know not a great deal about the mountain. Plus reasonable prices for lift passes, hotels, etc.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cacciatore wrote:
Kiters, maybe worth throwing Madonna di Campiglio into the mix too. Fabulous town in the Brenta Dolomites with some great cruisey skiing all over the area. Terrirfic food. No eye-watering prices on the mountain.

+1 for MdC - just relaxing in the lounge of a lovely HB hotel, after a great week's skiing.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
sugarmoma666, where are you staying are you DIY?skimastaaah, mmm sounds good will see about logistics of getting there DIY or a TO.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Fri 17-01-14 18:15; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Maybe give Chamonix a go, you can do a day trip into Courmeyer (spelling?) in Italy too!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Kiters, BA from LGW to Turin, use your Avios.......... Hire car (Turin is quite cheap for Europe), 4X4 for £40 per day, a decent sized Volvo, 44 Euros in Diesel there and back, (Champoluc) and less than £60 per night 3* B&B in Gressoney. (I stayed at a slightly more salubrious accommodation..... www.hostelleriedemascognaz.com booked through www.booking.com)

OR>>>>>>>>>>>>

Wait last minute for TO prices to plummet, plenty of deals with Crystal/Inghams/Tui

As a guide for snow..... www.snoweye.com www.snow-forecast.com ......Simples.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
skimastaaah, Thanks just looking at Champoluc, it looks like a good choice....so just getting around how to get there, hotels etc etc. Thanks everyone, I think we are now
heading for Italy, I dont think Val will miss us this year!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Kiters wrote:
sugarmoma666, where are you staying are you DIY?skimastaaah, mmm sounds good will see about logistics of getting there DIY or a TO.

We stayed in the Hotel Italo, on a Crystal package, who were very well organised.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy