Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne (Les Coches) 9th Feb

Poster: A snowHead
Solo skier, female mid-40s (love cruisey blues, very happy on reds, terrified of black runs!) just booked for a week at Chalet Campanules in Les Coches (with Ice & Fire Ltd) from 9th Feb. 24 spaces in chalet and only four filled so far apparently. Would be great to have a bigger group so if any other Snowheads (solo travellers or otherwise) are looking to go to the La Plagne area come and join us!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Gigi

I'm staying in the same chalet next Sunday (26th) for a week...can't wait!! Shame you couldn't make that week as there's still 14 places left. As you say..the more the merrier.so come on people..if you're after a great last minute deal..this is it..so check it out on www.ice-fire.co.uk

LK
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi LK1 - yes I saw the great deal for next week but couldn't get that week off work unfortunately so had to grit my teeth and pay more!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
That's a shame..but still think you've got a good deal..especially if it's as nice as it looks on their website! Enjoy! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
[quote="Gigi"]Solo skier, female mid-40s (love cruisey blues, very happy on reds, terrified of black runs!) just booked for a week at Chalet Campanules in Les Coches (with Ice & Fire Ltd) from 9th Feb. 24 spaces in chalet and only four filled so far apparently. Would be great to have a bigger group so if any other Snowheads (solo travellers or otherwise) are looking to go to the La Plagne area

hi I,m Margaret a very fit 63 yr old have skied 20 years and can manage most runs including blacks .. I,m going to SOLL with 7 friends in march .. but thinking about maybe having another ... I usually ski with 30 40 50 year olds so you wouldn't be waiting for me as im the one at the bottom first ha ha ... could I ask you to send some details please have skied la plagne before a few years ago but will depend on cost and travel arrangements ..have my own gear so don't need to hire .. thank you Margaret xx
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Margaret

Check out the details on www.ice-fire.co.uk..if you can go at short notice then this sunday offers the best deal at only £299 for half board chalet catering. You'll have to book flights separately but mine was only £140. If you want to take advantage of their shared transfers at £80 return then your flight needs to land before 1.30pm & depart on return journey after 2pm..strongly recommend as other transfer options really pricey. If you can't get away that soon then the 9th feb still a great deal. Hope you get fired up...heather from ice-fire really helpful so drop her an email or give her a call if you need anymore details.

LK
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi I am a 53year old male, looking to get away, regular ski partners all too busy this year. I have just checked this out it is currently £499 or the week 9 th feb. I am going to hang on see if that price comes down, did you negotiate a better deal.?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi Chrish and Margaret. LK has given you the link. I've not been to this chalet before, or to the La Plagne area, but it looks great to me! Booked a couple of weeks ago before they reduced the price Chrish, but even at the £599 I paid it looks a good deal to me, especially with the free bar.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi Chrish

I only booked last Monday hence the bargain so I guess the prices may come down again if you're prepared to risk waiting.

LK
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I guess it's a question of weighing up the possibility of the chalet price coming down against the likelihood of the cost of flights going up!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
That's a good point Gigi. The flight prices went up in the few days I was looking/deciding what to do before I committed...& they've gone up again, so definitely worth weighing up the pros & cons of leaving it late. Plus if conditions remain good as they are now then they are likely to get an influx of bookings.

LK
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
thanks will look at some flights and cost x
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
hi chrish what part of country would you be flying from ?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Gigi are you going from Manchester .. if so what time is your flight ... Margaret
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi Margaret. I'm flying from Gatwick. Arriving Geneva at 13.30.
ski holidays
have been looking but if I decide to go it will be from Manchester .. but my flight would get me in at 10 am !! will you be there in time to get their transfer ..will keep you posted ..
ski holidays
I have arranged a shared transfer through Ice & Fire, so I hope so! They seem to have three chalets in the area so there may well be more than one shared transfer on arrivals day. If you send them an email I'm sure they will be able to help/advise.
snow report
Tyler63.. I would be travelling from Manchester, I have checked flights and they are very cheap depending on the time. Have you booked , what time are you arriving if so? Haven't researched transfers so far but I suppose shared transfer is the easy option.
snow report
I will look into it further this weekend, touch wood all things being equal should be perfect for me. Only 4 people booked so far means will be very quiet( not necessarily a bad thing) and no fights for the free bar.
snow conditions
chrish no not booked as yet like you checked a few flights .. yes prices not bad ..have cleared for work as have own business so need to plan . but should be booking after the weekend .. the flights I have looked at arrive as above think it was easy jet flying at 7am and returning 4.45 I would book transport with the chalet .. that's why I would book those times ....didn't know whether the chalet price may go down ... but have rung fire and ice and spoke to heather ... and they do pick up from Geneva ... always gone with big group that I organise.. so will be strange and a first if I go solo... the last time I was in la plagne I took 26 people !! keep in touch if you book at least will have someone to chat to if your at airport at same time .. Laughing
ski holidays
gigi yes have rung heather at fire and ice ... hope to get something sorted after the weekend Very Happy
ski holidays
have booked flights tonight going easy jet from Manchester at 7am the prices are going up .. 172 including ski carriage and hold luggage just need to get in touch with chalet now tomorrow so gigi it looks like you have a ski buddy for the week ... I do do blacks if I have to they don't bother me ..but the group I normally ski with are happier with reds and blues ... la plagne a fab ski area so excited now Laughing Laughing
latest report
chrish have book flights let me know if you manage to be around at the same time ...
latest report
Great! Look forward to meeting you on 9th.
snow report
hopefully on the transfer x
ski holidays
Hi guys going to book some flights to Geneva today, what sort of flight times have you booked, want to make sure I can make use of the shared transfer if I book with ice fire.
ski holidays
My flight arrives (from Gatwick) at 13.30. The Ice & Fire website says that shared transfers operate for flights scheduled to arrive 'at or before '13.30, and on the way back for flights departing after 'at or after' 2pm. I think maybe they do more than one shared transfer on the day because they have three chalets in the La Plagne area.
ski holidays
hello all! I'm very tempted by this trip, I'm going to look into it now. Are you thinking of room sharing at the chalet? Or shall I take a look and see what's available? Or are the spaces all filled up now?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
When I last checked the Ice & Fire website they still had 17 places available for the week. I have booked one of the single rooms and I guess that tyler63 has done likewise, but I've no idea what the make up of the rest of the group is so don't know if they will be taking singles. Easiest thing would be just to email Ice & Fire and ask what's still available. Even if all the singles are already taken, I'd have thought if the chalet isn't full, you might be able to have single occupancy of one of the twin rooms.
ski holidays
chrish I have booked easyjet from Manchester going at 7am gets in at 10. as other flight arrived too late ...as pick up is 1.30 and the rep said they don't like to leave much after that and coming back you will need to fly after 2pm as they are the shared transfer times .. they will book you on the transfer when you book the chalet ... they are very nice and helpful I have ordered lift pass as well as they have it waiting for you.. just booked the pass that gives you one day away to les arcs .. as skied les arcs a few times in the past ..my return flight back is at 4.45 pm ...
ski holidays
snowqueen 11 think there are spaces I spoke to heather at ice and fire ...she was very helpful and will explain everything.. there are a few of us flying solo .. so all you need to do is get there x
ski holidays
Was in Ice & Fire's Chalet Campanules in les Coches last week. Staff and owners are great.
Travelled on my lonesome through GVA & they transferred me down with a company called cool bus.
CW
snow report
Looks like there's still a fair bit of space in the chalet for next week if anyone is looking to join a group for a last-minute break.
latest report
hi gigi really looking forward to it now .. all packed and ready to go.. yes shame we can not get more people interested ...see you Sunday
margaret
snow conditions
Hi you two, still not completely ruled this out, flights still available, sounds a bit soft but taking my dog to the vets tomorrow where he will be having a general anaesthetic and X-ray. Depending on the results of tomorrow will depend whether I can leave him. I have looked and there is still loads of places left so I am fingers crossed all will be well. If not have a great time, I'm sure you will, all that wine for you!
latest report
orr as a dog lover I know how you feel ... I had 2 Japanese akitas for 9 years Tyler and Dushka hence the tyler63 lol... the conditions are great out there shame if you don't make it .. and will blame you in advance for my next morning headaches ha ha ....hope nothing serious for your dog .. margaret
latest report
Hello, I just saw this thread and would really like to join in - although I have not skied on my own before (or holidayed alone) so it seems very nerve wracking.

I just wanted to check - you booked with ice and fire for campanules, the flight separately, connections with the chalet company (providing you get the 130pm flight) and did you pre order lift passes?

Also, I have no equipment yet (weighing up whether to buy boots or not) - will anyone be hiring equipment

Thanks
latest report
Happyseal

Although I have not booked yet here is my experience.
Firstly don't be worried about going by yourself there are at least two, Gigi aand Tyler who are by themselves and maybe myself depending on how today goes.
The first thing to do is make sure there are flights available, from where I am there are flights from Manchester Liverpool and Leeds that will get me in at the right time, can't remember exactly what they are think its 1.30pm in 2pm out something like that. Then ring Ice Fire make sure there is room and there hasn't been a mass booking overnight. Book the chalet book the flight, book the transfer and you are there.
Worry about the other stuff later, if I go I will be booking skis, and a lift pass although there are two different passses depending on the extent of the ski area. My understanding from the research I have done is the chalet is great and in my limited dealings with Heather she has been very helpful so if you are not sure of anything give her a bell.

Good luck
snow report
Hi Happyseal. Yes, booked with Ice and Fire for Campanules. Separate flight to Geneva. Shared transfer arranged through the chalet. Shared transfers will pick up from flights arriving 'at or before 1.30pm'. Mine actually is due to arrive at 1.30 (from Gatwick). On the way back, the shared transfers get to Geneva in time for flights leaving 'at or after 2pm'. Have pre-ordered ski pass and ski/boot hire through the links on the Ice and Fire website. As Chrish said, there will be at least two other solos in the chalet and my experience has always been that people who go on holidays like this (ie. joining a group in a chalet where they don't already know everyone else) tend to be friendly and happy to ski with whoever is there, so definitely no need to worry on that front.

Chrish: hope the dog is OK.
snow report
Thanks for all of the advice - unfortunately I don't think my short notice break is to be as soon as I first thought. Have a great time and I'll keep an eye open for next time!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy