Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

You are having a laugh !

Poster: A snowHead
Like a lot of us I have a tendency to browse ebay looking for my next 'must have' ski thing. Lately I have started to notice some stupid prices being asked for skis.

This is not about someone being a bit cheeky on the asking price for a couple of year old White Dots, its about bonkers asking prices for museum pieces.

Here is my opening item, can anyone do any better ? Laughing

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151210096506?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think the name of the seller gives a clue to the price === i.e. They haven't got a clue what they are selling !!!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I was very bored awake with a dodgy tum last night and spent ages laughing at the stupid asking prices for retro kit.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I could not even ski on them, they are massive
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If people buy it though, why not? There are two watchers already.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
denfinella wrote:
If people buy it though, why not? There are two watchers already.

Yep, but I am one of them Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Surely no-one in their right mind is going to buy those for any reason?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Someone is offering a pair of Völkl P9 Super G for only £0.99. Great ski, but about 25+ years old, and I don't think I could ski them any more. I'll give it a miss this time.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

I don't think I could ski them any more

I'm sure you COULD but why would you? You'd have much more fun on something modern so why cut in to your precious ski time farting about. If I was working a season and wanted a bit of a laugh then may be
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Similar skis available on a french website for a slightly more reasonable 10 euros!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Right my old K2 198cm are going on ebay tonight
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Awww, the listing has been removed... Or perhaps they've taken them to Sotherbys for auction instead?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
My son bought a pair of 188 Fischer race skis, circa late 1970s model off ebay last year for 1 Euro.
He spent ages tuning and waxing them, and he has had them out ripping up the piste about 10 times so far this season, he loves them so much!
It´s surprising as well the amount of people who comment on them, one old guy even said in his race days they were the same ski he skied Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Or it was a snowHead who's too embarrassed to admit it.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I sold some of our older skis on ebay last season to a buyer who wanted to collect, when he came he saw some even older skis and boots that I had intended to throw out and promptly bought those too. He was taking them out to Bulgaria to a hire shop in a ski resort!
snow conditions
Quote:

He was taking them out to Bulgaria to a hire shop in a ski resort!

Very Happy
ski holidays
Ebay has a purpose but too many people think everything is cheaper on ebay. It is not. People get addicted to the bidding and the 'winning'. You have not won, you just paid more than everyone else did.

In short - people will buy almost anything on ebay and often pay too much.
latest report
Quote:

In short - people will buy almost anything on ebay and often pay too much.

So right. I looked on Ebay to try and get a retro onesie for my daughter for some or other event and they were over £80 plus over £30 for shipping.....god I wish I had saved all my old gear from over the years. We found a new onesie in Sport Fabrik in Sion for 30 CHF...bargain and gopping with it! Just wait though, they'll be all the rage soon.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy