Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfer from Bourg to Tignes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Was hoping for a bit on advice on a transfer from Bourg St Maurice to Tignes (29 March). We've booked the overnight Corail Lunea service which gets into Bourg at 7.40. There is an Altibus at 8.10 but, if the train is late, the next bus isn't until 11.

Just wondered if anyone knew whether the overnight sleeper usually runs on time? Altibus said they will wait for up to 10 minutes for this train to arrive but not longer.

Also, reading the forum, people have suggested that it's worth booking the Altibus tickets in advance to guarantee a space - but again, not sure whether this is worth the risk of missing the bus and having to pay for a taxi anyway (we're travelling with two kids so waiting until 11 wouldn't be a great option).

Many thanks, Jo
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
JMG4321, nothing is guaranteed, but i've used that train many times and can only remember it being late once. Even then i made the bus ok (one up to La Plagne from Aime).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JMG4321, The train is usually on time as it spends about 2-3 hours in the sidings at Albertville, before setting off again to deliver you to the Alps at a (fairly) reasonable hour. So providing the last 30 miles is not blocked by snow it is very reliable. NB you arrive in Albertville and then depart the sidings in the same direction which is a little disconcerting. It is worth booking the tickets - as I have said before there can be 2 long queues - one for the bus and one for the loos - you don't want to be in one wishing you were in the other....
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks so much to you both, that is really helpful.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy