Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Clubhotel Sonnalp in Hinterglemm?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We'd been looking at Saalbach and then got talked into a trip to Aspen, offered free lodging. Well, our connection quit his job and has left Aspen so it's back to the planning board. Alas. I've found some offers for Clubhotel Sonnalp in Hinterglemm. I think I'd prefer Saalbach but it's late in the game to be real choosy. Curious about location and convenience to slopes and other activities. Any other information about the hotel would be much appreciated. Thanks!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This is located in the same street - Pfefferweg - I stayed in the last three years.
A narrow street winds up from the main road at Zwölferkogel. A steep street, sometimes I had problem driving up in the snow, but your hotel is close to the bottom of the valley, and you do not need to walk up too much.
I guess it is about 7-10 minutes to walk to the closest lift which is the Zwölferkogel. Bus stop for ski bus is even closer.
It is a good area to ski or join the Skicircus.
It is a nice walk to the center of Hinterglemm, not more than 10 minutes if you find something interesting in the village.
I do not know anything about the Hotel, and their web site is too confusing for me.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
RISkier, Hi, We stayed here Xmas 3 years ago and would thoroughly recommend the hotel, which is a good solid 3/4 star property. The restaurant was very good indeed and the bar cosy. Our spacious room looked out over towards the Zwolferkogel lift, which has good connections to the Ski Circus. It is a little bit out of village of Hinterglemm, but really only a short walk away. There is a ski bus stop out side the hotel giving quick access to other parts of the ski terrain.
This is a great family hotel typically Austrian with a modern approach. If there is good deal at the hotel then go for it! PS their website isn't grat is it?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
At last - something I'm qualified to talk about on SnowHeads !!!

Stayed here 3 years ago with a group of about 30. Rather than bang on about how good everything was ( as well as all that DAVID SNELL, and kerekip, say) let me just say that Mrs Timberwolf did her Medial and Anterior Ligaments on our second day skiing, and the Hotel staff could not do enough for her. They taxied her around ( doctors, hospital, meet the gang for lunch ), sorted out insurance documents, translated for doctor's etc, etc.

The only bad point was that because Mrs T's skis and boots didn't move for nearly a week, some bug nicked her boots from the locked, password protected bootroom Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad . That's not really the hotel's fault though.

To summarise - great hotel, great food, great pool, great sauna, cosy bar......... watch out for the barman, who bears an uncanny resemblance to the DJ Doctor Fox Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy