Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TEN YEARS OF SNOWHEADS [born 5 Feb 2004]. What does it all mean?

Poster: A snowHead
simonmj66, well said.i think. Laughing
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Filthyphil30k wrote:
There are other posters who post lots on many threads, which I don't always agree with, but are rational and based on a forum type mentality, his is always about DG, even when disguised as a "scoop".

A quick glance down this 'piste' section of the snowheads forum reveals that the statement above is untrue in so many ways.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
moffatross, You should read Apres Shocked
"like-minded people"?? No thanks!!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd just like to make clear that I'm really not fussed about how CG started (or developed) this topic.
It actually quite amused me to see him spin my little lunch date into a 'big deal'.
As I said before, he spoke to me beforehand and I asked him not to go too overboard and jeopardise a friendly atmosphere - which he respectfully didn't IMHO.

If anyone has an issue with him on principle then fair enough but I want to make sure no-one thinks they're 'defending my position' - I'm quite happy thanks!

Well, there was that little insinuation latterly that 'there's more than meets the eye' with the "it's bound to be about money" comments - actually David, I kid you not even a little when I say that I could have easily earned 10k more this year, if I only skied a few weeks fewer. But then, I could have probably earned 50K more each of these past 10 years selling my skills to Babylon - so no, it's not always about the money!

Sometimes U just got to ride the BU5 4 DUB into the hills.... Wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
admin wrote:
Via Wimbledon to pick up companions?... I just heard a rumour that's all.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
admin wrote:
But then, I could have probably earned 50K more each of these past 10 years selling my skills to Babylon -)

You are the Met's top snitch, responsible for Duggangate etc etc and I claim my £5
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

BU5 4 DUB

?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
admin,
Quote:

It actually quite amused me to see him spin my little lunch date into a 'big deal'.

Ah well, at least it amused somebody. Personally I thought it was as boring as feck.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
moffatross wrote:
Filthyphil30k wrote:
There are other posters who post lots on many threads, which I don't always agree with, but are rational and based on a forum type mentality, his is always about DG, even when disguised as a "scoop".

A quick glance down this 'piste' section of the snowheads forum reveals that the statement above is untrue in so many ways.

I see; ten years of snow heads thread, new ski club of Great Britain thread, the inghams thread ( very good discount),
Snowboard banning thread with a nice self mention, south bank thread (place of work) helmet thread, another helmet thread, something about natives, showing how crap the ski club web performance is.the Sochi Olympic thread, an avalanche thread.

So either his pet threads that he drives forward or just has a view designed to be inflammatory.

Sometimes he posts something in keeping with his name.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Filthyphil30k, indeed. But he ain't going to stop

admin, that's good. Still think this was neither journalism or a good thing to do.

In other breaking news I had coronation rice for lunch... wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SNOWHEAD IN CORONATION RICE ABUSE SHOCK

snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
admin wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Dude

ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Filthyphil30k wrote:
moffatross wrote:
Filthyphil30k wrote:

So either ... pet threads that ... drives forward or just has a view designed to be inflammatory.

A quick glance through these forums reveals that the statement above is quite true for lots of snowheads users. As a mumsnet user, you must already entertain the idea that the internet is an electronic soapbox.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Haha, very good, mumsnetter yourself?

It was in the newspapers, not a member myself.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Filthyphil30k wrote:
mumsnetter yourself?

I did read the Center Parcs thread from end to end if that counts. wink
latest report
moffatross, Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Cacciatore wrote:
admin wrote:

Dude

All together now,

The wheels on the bus go round and ...........

C'mon put a pic up. U know U want to. Laughing
snow report
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
Quote:

BU5 4 DUB

?

Not quite the same but a fine tune:

http://youtube.com/v/t0TTGFJ3xI8
ski holidays
Pedantica wrote:
admin,
Quote:

Ah well, at least it amused somebody. Personally I thought it was as boring as feck.

This is something that always confuses me about t'internet - people who find topics 'boring as feck' yet encourage more discussion of said topics and encourage the person who posted them to carry on by bumping them to the top of the page. Why?
snow report
swiftoid, if you read the thread, you will see that I found its inception quite interesting. It's the build up to/account of the lunch that was boring and I see no reason not to comment on that fact. Actually, I find quite a lot of DG's posts interesting, but some of them sure do degenerate.

By the way, you will also see that lots of comments have followed mine. You surely don't think that the others who posted only did so because I allegedly 'bumped' the thread?
snow conditions
bump

Toofy Grin
snow report
Pedantica, agree , sorry if that bumps it swifty.
snow report
boredsurfin, 13 minute bump, impressive. Laughing
snow report
ALQ wrote:
moffatross, You should read Apres Shocked

I do go in there to disagree with people who support private education and selective state schools from time to time.

Bump.
ski holidays
Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Pedantica,

Quote:

I see no reason not to comment on that fact.

I don't think there is any reason not to either. I think if you post anything online then you should accept that you're opening yourself up to comments, criticisms and questions. My question was simply why do people on internet forums so often draw attention to things others have posted that they allegedly find boring? I'm not saying they shouldn't do this, I just don't get why they'd bother rather than do something more interesting instead.

Filthyphil30k, that's alright. I'm finding this thread pretty funny Toofy Grin
ski holidays
swiftoid, I wasn't 'drawing attention' I was merely commenting on and disagreeing with admin's view. Actually, I don't really know what you're getting at, or why. Never mind.

FWIW, if someone knows ab initio that they're going to be bored by a thread then I agree that it's silly to comment on it at all. But, as I say, this one seemed to me to have potential.
latest report
swiftoid, with regard to any other poster I would agree - but with DG/CG theres almost no escape and you hope that a bit of negative feedback might make him consider what he posts - very very slim doubtful chance but we live in hope wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bump
snow report
Mr Pieholeo, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
Pedantica wrote:
admin,
Quote:

+1.. weird .. just another load of DG bollox …. there will be more , all with an anti-SCGB or snowHead slant. the time will come when volume will swamp and leave a bad taste, however much Admin enjoys the craic.
snow report
This thread's had 6000 hits over 4 days - excellent for snowHeads traffic and all those humming servers in exotic places. Way way in excess of average sH threads. The Society of Incessant Detractors (SID) should bear that in mind.

Have a nice weekend, all.

Sorry I brought money into it, admin. The theory is that the financial issues are much more centred on the SCGB's bottom line than yours. I hope this thread doesn't disrupt future luncheon potential in Pall Mall ... but we all know there's no such thing as a (repeated) free lunch! And very best of luck/fortune for the impending 10th birthday party.

David
snow conditions
latest report
Quote:

This thread's had 6000 hits over 4 days

IMO, for many, its a bit like folk going to see the freak at the circus Comedy Goldsmith
snow conditions
^ uncalled for, IMO. Sad

sH, or any other forum, would be a poorer place with everyone having the same outlook and predilections (other than a common interest in snow sports, obviously, in our case).
latest report
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:
This thread's had 6000 hits over 4 days -

I will admit that your initial offering got me interested. Then it became clear that it was all promise and no substance. Now I keep coming back to see if you have worked out that everyone else has worked out that it wasn't such an amazing scoop. Creating 'news' from nothing is a rare....hmmmm.....I was going to say talent........but I will leave it at creating news from nothing is your speciality. HTH
snow report
laundryman wrote:
^ uncalled for, IMO. Sad

But not totally inaccurate I suspect
snow report
laundryman, +1 Play the ball, not the man (well, at least try to Madeye-Smiley )
snow report
ALQ wrote:
laundryman, +1 Play the ball, not the man (well, at least try to Madeye-Smiley )

Eventually you need to get the boot in. Have to +1 for Shimmy.
latest report
Tough crowd
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy