Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

M or L Helmet for 59cm head?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

First post here...

I'm looking at ordering the Salomon Phantom C. Air. My head size is 59cm, but I'm not sure whether to order the Medium or Large (both account for 59cm in upper and lower range). There are no local suppliers who stock this helmet for me to try on (most only stock the cheaper versions).

Is there anybody who has a 59cm mellon, or anybody who owns this helmet who could offer a little insight as to what to get? I've had a chat with a rep who advised going for the Large if I wear a hut beneath it, but I only wear a Buff...

Much appreciated,
Dylan
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is more to it than merely head size. The shape of your head has an effect on how it will fit. I'm not sure I'd buy a helmet online unless the vendor had an excellent returns policy.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd buy both, try them on and send one back under the distance selling act....
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
dylan32, small hut. I'd probably suggest it's a hutch and you were mis-sold it.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My TSG helmet is a L/XL at 57-59cm.

My head measures 54cm.

I've got an XXS Shark motorcycle helmet which is a 53cm, and I've got various other helmets from different manufacturers and for different uses that cover the spread in between.

Try it on, don't just measure.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks guys, I'll check the returns policy. And yes, the hut was probably a bad idea... =P
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tiger2 wrote:
There is more to it than merely head size. The shape of your head has an effect on how it will fit. I'm not sure I'd buy a helmet online unless the vendor had an excellent returns policy.

Spot on. I must have tried a dozen different helmets that were in theory my size before I found one that was the perfect fit with no pinch points or big gaps, and that suited me looks-wise too.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Actually, just downloaded the sizing chart supplied by Salomon and 59cm is not the border, it's 59.5cm. So they recomend 59cm to a Medium, 59.5 as borderline and 60 as Large.

Ordered Medium to try and return if too small, but maybe I should add a Large to the order to save time, and just return the one...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy