Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Inghams - terrible customer service-now sorted.

Poster: A snowHead
northernsoulboy, How did you know I used to sell Timeshares? (The more pages this post runs to the more likely Inghams are to take notice ) wink
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Freddie Paellahead wrote:
I'm not sure why some posters are giving northernsoulboy such a hard time about this. Confused

Inghams indirect-employee converted a usable case into an unusable one. They need to (somehow) replace it.
(When my son was mugged, we claimed on the household insurance - their claims handlers purchased replacements - presumably at a discount and ex-VAT - and sent them to us. Not difficult I would have thought).

I don't feel I'm being given a hard time TBF Freddie, though thanks for the support.

I think some people probably think it's a lot of fuss about not much, and if I can just have sixty quid out of their wallets, I'm happy to see their point.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Rareperk wrote:
northernsoulboy, How did you know I used to sell Timeshares? (The more pages this post runs to the more likely Inghams are to take notice ) wink

Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I had a similar experience with TC airlines.

My case got trashed by the baggage handlers and I was asked for a receipt when asking that they replace it. I couldn't provide the receipt as the case was part of a tripp luggage set which was a wedding gift to us.

I explained all of this in several letters but did in the end get a cheque for enough money to replace the case without having to send a receipt in.

Keep at it and good luck!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think eventually if you are reasonable you do get sorted out properly. I lost a bracelet - one of those Pandora ones - back in the autumn. Difficult to say where as I had it on when I left the house and not when I arrived so a bit of train, tube, walking etc on the way. We reported it lost and put in a claim - bit of to-ing and fro-ing. I had no receipts at all as given the starter bracelet a few years ago and then its been added to by members of the family over the years as gifts. At the time of the loss I didn't want to tell both my sons what had happened... We had to give a valuation so worked out something in the right region. Then we were asked if we had photographs of it - that seemed very reasonable request as I had no receipts. Luckily I had it on at my daughter's wedding a couple of years ago and so there was a photo we could produce of it dangling on my wrist - and me very scrubbed up and looking presentable at least on that day. Then we received one of those voucher things that insurance companies send out and were able to go to a Pandora shop and replace it.

It just all takes bit of time and I am sure thatnorthernsoulboy, will get a positive response, in time.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
It is similar to the secondhand car situation, as already mentioned. You might have a car which you have owned from new,driven for the last 10 years with a secondhand value about equal to its scrap value, but it is a car, it goes, it gets you where you need to be each day, you don't owe HP on it and you are not looking to replace it for another 3 years (by which time you might have saved up enough). Said car gets written off and you are offered the £300 it is worth. Now you are unlikely to be able to go out an buy another car that you know the history of has had such tender care and that you have knowledge of the reliability of for £300, so you have to buy a more expensive one and are out of pocket. So I see def. the OP's issue. FWIW I have had at least 3 cases trashed by airlines/baggage handlers one was on it's very first trip and I have come to the conclusion that suitcases should now be seen as disposable objects. Yes, it lets the airlines get away with the damage, and it grates a great deal when you see a lovely smart case in pieces, but I've come to the conclusion that there is FA we as passengers can do about it. At the moment I am going down the route of buying a more indestructible case to see if it has any more longevity - it has cost more and you can even get replacement parts for it!! However, if this fails to last I will take the route of a trip into Poundstretchers and splurge £20 on a case which I will expect to get me to holiday and back again and then be dumped - It's less than the cost of a round of drinks!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Surely if you told and showed the rep then he or she can verify your claim. You used to have to put stuff like this in your weekly report as a rep (if they still do those). Customer Services used to ring the rep and ask what had happened...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I am not really sure suitcases are really fit for purpose when going on a skiing holiday. Whennorthernsoulboy, gets his £60 or so I'd suggest he puts that money towards a TNF Base Camp Duffel or similar. I've had two of mine for approaching 15 years and they are pretty much indestructible. The only problem is that the world and his wife seem to have them now so picking the correct ones from luggage carousels can be tricky. Mine are generally the oldest and most battered looking ones but still function like new. Plus they collapse down when empty so storing them when on holiday doesn't take up precious bedroom space. I reckon the coach driver in this case would have struggled to damage one to beyond a usable condition. That's not say say using a suitcase was contributory negligence in this situation Inghams!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
northernsoulboy, Seems Inghams brief interest has waned somewhat. Not surprised. Can I join you when you go to jump on Bodeswillers case. Always wanted to be a baggage handler.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
OK, Inghams have been in touch are are happy to pay me the sixty quid.

Here's their email:

Quote:
Dear [northernsoulboy]

J------ has shown me the email thread below and I have also seen the various postings on Snowheads.

J------ was absolutely right in pointing out our Conditions of Booking which apply to the contract between us. With the best will in the world, I have not in my 40+ years of tour operating, come across one operator – or insurance company for that matter - who would pay out any claim that was not supported by some form of formal evidence and that is all she was asking for. No one is doubting your integrity for one moment.

However, I fully accept that in the rush to get you to Salzburg from Innsbruck the correct “paperwork” was not completed which would have avoided all this exchange of emails. I think this is an occasion when I should take a common sense view and pay your claim for £60 which I will recover from the coach operator. Your claim is realistic but you might be surprised at the number of ‘damaged’ suitcases that contain designer outfits and Rolex watches which perhaps does make tour operators and insurers cynical!

I hope that this will resolve the matter to your satisfaction and if it is, perhaps you could post to that effect on Snowheads. Jessica will arrange for the cheque to be sent to you in the next few days.

I hope that you had a good holiday in Cortina and I am sorry that the return journey was so problematic.

Kind regards

Hugh Walton

Executive Director

The reference to Rolexes etc is odd - obviously, if I was claiming there had been a Rolex in the case, or that anything inside the case had been damaged, I'd expect them to want proof of that; I also disagree with them on the legal position, but all's well that ends well.

As you can see, Inghams haven't asked me to say this, but I'll say it anyway - in all other respects, we all had a really good holiday; the staff were great, the hotel was excellent, and they did their best to get us back on departure day. Not their fault it snowed and that we missed the first flight. Not the rep's fault at the airport that he was rushed off his feet trying to get us on the replacement flight.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
thecramps wrote:
northernsoulboy, Seems Inghams brief interest has waned somewhat. Not surprised. Can I join you when you go to jump on Bodeswillers case. Always wanted to be a baggage handler.

Madeye-Smiley

To be fair to them, I was out walking the dog when they emailed me.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
northernsoulboy, have you tried taking to Twitter? A brief tweet mentioning Inghams and bad customer service could help. I had issues with M&S last year, terrible customer service via email but all it took was 2 tweets and the whole thing was sorted complete with additional compensation. It does grate a little that they weren't prepared to do anything until then but at least the matter was dealt with in the end.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Well done Inghams, this thread has reminded me why I sold up & retired
Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dia_FindTransfers wrote:
Surely if you told and showed the rep then he or she can verify your claim. You used to have to put stuff like this in your weekly report as a rep (if they still do those). Customer Services used to ring the rep and ask what had happened...

I don't know, but I guess they have now spoken to the rep. It was only a week ago, so he'd have remembered it; I couldn't remember his name (my fault obviously) but it would have been one of the two guys at Salzburg.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
provenjohn wrote:
Well done Inghams, this thread has reminded me why I sold up & retired
Toofy Grin

Inghams are still a fair few quid up on the deal!
latest report
northernsoulboy, Excellent news but just as this thread was hotting up! Good on Inghams. Clearly it was your friend's testimony that did it, quaking in their boots! Very Happy
latest report
Quote:
With the best will in the world, I have not in my 40+ years of tour operating, come across one operator – or insurance company for that matter - who would pay out any claim that was not supported by some form of formal evidence

really?! someone I know had the handle of a case damaged by BA recently - BA sent them a brand new case (costing considerably more than £60) with no reference to receipts...
when it arrived, the person discovered that the new design was a bit flimsy and hard to open / close with arthritic hands - they apologised to BA for causing a fuss and said don't worry... BA didn't worry, they simply found a better and considerably more expensive case which was easier to open and sent that one...

now that is good customer service!

it isn't really all that complex for Inghams:
"sorry to hear there is an issue - let us look into it..."
"hello Rep - what happened - ahhh"
"hi customer where shall we send the cheque"

to make excuses / put blocks in the way (99% of people do not keep every receipt and all Inghams need to do is be happy that £60 is reasonable for case type) / give strange explanations about rolex & other items is all a bit bizarre... companies need to stop making their customers feel that they are in the wrong - the customer is what allows the company to exist & survive so when the company or those it contracts mess up, they need to sort it out...

Alasdair

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 16-01-14 17:13; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Case closed (and replaced!) Toofy Grin
latest report
sorry - yes, realise that Inghams have now agreed to pay - but doing so with emails where they are still making excuses / talking about claiming from the transfer company etc. is not looking good...
companies should realise that it is a far more positive response to say - sorry, lets sort it out, then to make excuses and try to find ways of showing that it is not their fault...

Alasdair
latest report
akirk wrote:
Quote:
With the best will in the world, I have not in my 40+ years of tour operating, come across one operator – or insurance company for that matter - who would pay out any claim that was not supported by some form of formal evidence

really?! someone I know had the handle of a case damaged by BA recently - BA sent them a brand new case (costing considerably more than £60) with no reference to receipts...
when it arrived, the person discovered that the new design was a bit flimsy and hard to open / close with arthritic hands - they apologised to BA for causing a fuss and said don't worry... BA didn't worry, they simply found a better and considerably more expensive case which was easier to open and sent that one...

now that is good customer service!

it isn't really all that complex for Inghams:
"sorry to hear there is an issue - let us look into it..."
"hello Rep - what happened - ahhh"
"hi customer where shall we send the cheque"

to make excuses / put blocks in the way (99% of people do not keep every receipt and all Inghams need to do is be happy that £60 is reasonable for case type) / give strange explanations about rolex & other items is all a bit bizarre... companies need to stop making their customers feel that they are in the wrong - the customer is what allows the company to exist & survive so when the company or those it contracts mess up, they need to sort it out...

Alasdair

To be fair to Inghams, I think the main issue was the weather which delayed us.

Had we arrived on time at Innsbruck, both I and the rep would have been in less of a rush, and doubtless he would have pulled out the relevant form and all would have been fine. He certainly left me with the impression at Salzburg that the whole thing was a mere formality - yep, email that snap to head office and they will sort it.
snow conditions
northernsoulboy wrote:

To be fair to Inghams, I think the main issue was the weather which delayed us.

Had we arrived on time at Innsbruck, both I and the rep would have been in less of a rush, and doubtless he would have pulled out the relevant form and all would have been fine. He certainly left me with the impression at Salzburg that the whole thing was a mere formality - yep, email that snap to head office and they will sort it.

Fair point Smile

Alasdair
ski holidays
northernsoulboy, Maybe time to edit the thread title slightly?

Glad it all got sorted out btw.
snow conditions
Good for Inghams.

Bit of a shame it takes an exec director and bizarre excuses about fraudulent Rolex claims to sort it out but as I said previously way of the world.

BTW Very happy with my Inghams summer hol last year - staff, cooking first rate. Only mild blip was transfer rep at ZRH who accused us of flying to the wrong airport but that was soon resolved when the transfer coach did turn up to meet us.

P.s. prepared to pay a modest sum to be invited to the Bash Swiller's Case Bash.
snow conditions
fatbob, the details of the BSCB will be announced shortly. Are you happy to share with Comedy Goldsmith?
snow report
^ Laughing
latest report
Bode Swiller wrote:
Are you happy to share with Comedy Goldsmith?

Only if there's no spooning. And I might wear my helmet just for giggles.
ski holidays
northernsoulboy, As they have now sorted this out, do you think it would be fair to update the title of the thread?
latest report
I've updated the title, and here is the link to a thread praising Inghams for sorting it out http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=107058
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy