Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Storm - Twisted Sista

Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know anything about these skis?

They're going for very cheap on TKMAXX
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You can find some information on these if you Google the Storm website.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks. I tried. I'm looking for user reviews... Wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There is a review on tgr somewhere but the lack of reviews is quietly telling I think and the fact that they are in tksmack for 20% of their original price.As a cheap ski they are worth buying as a pair of rock skis.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php/231617-TWISTED-SISTA-skis-by-Storm-WTF-!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Trust me anything that's readily available off Google I found already. I want to hear from someone who's actually used them...

I'm not convinced.....

cheers
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Maybe nobody has used them have you thought about that!!!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well I'm guessing that they didn't sell many skis as they seem to have gone out of business but don't forget the issue was that at rrp they were trying to compete with the big brands which they seemed to fail doing. Tkmaxx are selling them for £100... how bad can they be?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I must admit to being curious myself after handling a pair in a stock liquidators store room the other month they looked awful but I suppose you could get rid of the top sheet.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm bot too fussed. Tbh I think they look kinda groovy.... thing is how do they ski.... for the first time in my life the Internet has failed me
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
davmendav, that and the fact they were just sporten skis supposedly jazzed up and tweaked a bit and then ££££££ up
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Im not sure of that either. I think they just shared moulds.... andy david the director wrote a whole spiel about it somewhere on snowheads
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We manged to get on a few models of the Storm skis when they first came out...but have not tried the Twisted Sista

http://www.exoticskis.com/forum/default.aspx?g=topics&f=38

Sporten did manufacture these skis, apparently using existing molds, with some different layup in some models.

They are perfectly good skis, and if you get them for £99.99 at
http://www.tkmaxx.com/search?q=storm+skis&categories=shop

I particularly liked the Inferno Racecarver...very good frontside carving ski.

You have a bargain!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Not skied on the Twisted but have skied on several from the storm range. Cyclones, Rages (my current do everything ski) and Crossfires (current fast piste skis) and have found them to be great. Sure they were made in the the Sporten factory but then so are a lot of brands, there aren't that many ski factories on the planet!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
exoticskis wrote:
I particularly liked the Inferno Racecarver...very good frontside carving ski.

I just bought a pair of those from TKMAXX! I demoed, liked but couldn't afford them a few years ago at Hemel.
snow report
Yup, would have snapped those up as well if I didn't have the crossfires!
snow report
davkt wrote:
Not skied on the Twisted but have skied on several from the storm range. Cyclones, Rages (my current do everything ski) and Crossfires (current fast piste skis) and have found them to be great. Sure they were made in the the Sporten factory but then so are a lot of brands, there aren't that many ski factories on the planet!

How short do the rage's ski given they are twin tip?, thinking about a pair in 166 for junior.
snow report
I have a pair of the Twisted Sista. They're pretty much a powder only ski and handle really great in it. I've been skiing open powder and powder in trees in the Alps where I loved them with a friend on a pair of Hellbents and he wanted to try them but different boot sizes. When ending up on piste and hitting ice or hard moguls then life gets a little harder. They have alot of pop in too and have a lot of float and flex but are a little long for me I'd say but I am only 5'10-11..
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy