Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Age started skiing

Poster: A snowHead

Which is probably why, according to a snowHead friend, I have a 'fixation' Toofy Grin.

I just want to enjoy it as much as possible for as long as possible snowHead.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Started at 27 (more than half my lifetime ago Shocked ). Had always wanted to go but we couldn't afford the school trip. First holiday was 2 weeks in Flaine (somebody had told me that 2 weeks the first time is the best way - first week to find your feet, second week to reinforce the first week and much better than 1 year later like most people did back then). Started on 135cm skis, got all the way up to 202cm before shrinking back to 178 Scott Missions and 165 Rossignol slalom skis.
My 3 sons all started at 6-8 yrs old and ski better than me. The 23 and 28yr olds are come skiing with me next week Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
9 @ Sheffield ski village then a couple of trips a year since university (~15 years). My husband learnt at uni though and while I look a bit neater and might have an edge in drills or moguls, he's a better all rounder, especially off piste and he's faster than me down a slalom course, much to my annoyance! aj xx
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
26 now 45 Shocked
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
11. Anyone else raised on the Ackers slope in Birmingham? I know. I was a hard kid. Not because of the manky dry ski slope, but the locals who would come and nick anything that could be removed. It was a genuine gauntlet to run from the centre to the car at times.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Nope for me it was the Tunbridge Wells slope that I learnt on before our first ski trip. Only enough to do a basic snow plough but that sufficient to get us quite quickly extracted from the group shuffling up and down a very short run and into the much more fun group.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
12 with School, for a week, then e3ffectively 20, from University onwards. A break at 30, as children came and we could not really afford it, then onwards again over the last 20 years. Now 56.Learnt in 'Lace up, leather ski boots' Not many can probably say that, - not that they would want to!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
First when I was 14 with school to Leysin, loved it but didn't get the opportunity again till 28. Been kicking myself ever since, doing my first season working as an instructor in Austria aged 52. Kids started at 3 & 6 didn't take them long to leave me behind!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
41 godammit. Wasn't much snow in Sydney and Perth when I was a kid.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Learned to ski in a week over the summer in 1993 or 1994 when I was 10 or 11 on the Bellahouston dry slope in Glasgow, then didn't go skiing again until my brother and his now wife did a season in France in 2008/2009. Been at least once a year every year since and well and truly have the bug.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
NickyJ wrote:
Nope for me it was the Tunbridge Wells slope that I learnt on before our first ski trip.

Me too - Eridge ?

Had three lessons and it rained every day - but like you, enabled me to move into a higher group and gained 3 or 4 days over the complete beginners on that first trip on the snow.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Started on Churchill dry slope at 10, went on first snow trip with school to Ellmau 3 years later (1987). Couldn't afford to go again until 2003 and fell in love with it again. Went and did a season the following year (took a career break) and have skied at least 2 weeks a season every year since.

This year will be the first year skiing with my kids. My eldest is 4 and I can't wait for the proud moment I see her on skis.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
FastCarver74, my parents live in Congresbury so I skied (and snowboarded) at Churchill all the time.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
codyaitch, You give me hope Blush
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Learnt to ski when I was 12 at SSV, switched to snowbaording year later. Went once or twice a year until uni then has a few years break and have been once or twice a year since I started working.

Thinking I would like to get into ski touring but that it would be difficult to get as goon on skis as I am on a board - 96 skiing days at a rate of 2 week long trips a year is a lot of years!
ski holidays
12 or 13, I think. Learning young definitely helps, confidence etc comes much more easily. I've also been climbing for going on 10 years, and that is so deeply ingrained as to be almost innate.
snow conditions
codyaitch, sorry not sure what you mean?
latest report
31 for me. Cross country in Norway first couple of years, then downhill for a few years and now a snowboarder. Now been doing it for 23 years.
latest report
37, that was 6 years ago. Love it Very Happy
snow conditions
Started at 27, on dry slopes (Halifax and Harrogate) in preparation for a holiday at Embach near Rauris in Austria, been skiing every year since, mainly twice a year since 1994. Enjoy my skiing and reasonably competent but don't ever think I'll be an "expert".
ski holidays
About 25. But very sporadically until 36 (20 years ago).
snow report
Age 12. Skied every year since, except for a couple of years when I was a teenager, always trying to increase the number of weeks on snow as money and time allowed. Ski quite a lot now, and love it more than ever.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy