Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les arc bakers/ shop

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any places to grab a sandwich, cake and can of coke close to the edge of the piste?

Staying is le pre and I know there is nothing there.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dave_m, 1950 has Meli's Snack in the high street, which doubles as a piste. OK: you DO have to unclip to get into the counter, but that's about it...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you ski into 1800 to the Transarc lift and head down the stairs just behind the lift there is a snack bar right there, I used to use that when guiding guests and just looking to grab a quick bite for lunch. There's also a snack bar in 1600 just behind the Combettes lift which is decent. I'm having a bit of mental block but I seem to recall there always used to be a snack bar near the top of the Grizzly lift above Peisey / Vallandry; perhaps someone else can confirm that one. As Arctic Roll says, you have Melli's in 1950 which is good and dead simple.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The bakers/coffee shop in Arc 1600 has expanded and taken over the newsagents next door. To get to it ski down to the bottom of the Combettes lift and walk/ski down the steep slope to the right and enter the place of the dead tree. The bakers is 20m on the left just past the sandwich shop. A bit further along is the rocky mountain burgher bar, where a large, good quality, burger and chips costs about 13 euro.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Arctic Roll wrote:
dave_m, 1950 has Meli's Snack in the high street, which doubles as a piste. OK: you DO have to unclip to get into the counter, but that's about it...

you forgot the chocolate waffle shop - also in the main street, ski in/out
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
bertie bassett, is that a "ski-thru"?? Sounds terrific.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
go to the big mushroom on the piste in the 2000 bowl. you'll need to unclip your skis but it's very convenient and informal. and quite reasonable too.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Don Keebles wrote:
go to the big mushroom on the piste in the 2000 bowl. you'll need to unclip your skis but it's very convenient and informal. and quite reasonable too.
Cheapest espresso I've found in the Alps (90 cents).

There are a couple of piste-side huts in the Arc 2000 bowl which are good for a snack meal, one just above the Plagnettes lift and one a bit closer to Arc 2000. Both easy to spot. There are also two similar snack huts above Vallandry, which I think are marked on the piste map. They are all great if the weather is nice, with lots of deck chairs on the snow and lovely views to enjoy.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
bertie bassett wrote:
Arctic Roll wrote:

you forgot the chocolate waffle shop - also in the main street, ski in/out

Chocolate waffle shop?!? I'm there.....
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for the advice.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
dave_m, The Bulle which is the the mushroom shaped hut by the Arcabulle chairlift serves massive slices of pizza at a very reasonable price. Great atmosphere too!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy