Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stag Do - How to make it memorable?!

Poster: A snowHead
Hello Alpine Heroes and Snow Bunnies...

I'm helping to sort out a ski stag do. Countless threads on the topic, all asking where to go. None of that here - we're booked for four days in Morzine. It'll be great.

I'm looking for ideas to make it memorable for the stag! Memorable is the key word - because of that and a desire to get maximum piste time, we're looking for more that a "get drunk in the apres" (although I am sure that will also occur abundantly. Wink ). Have any of you ideas of activities during the day/on the pistes/in the evening of things that were particularly good? Unique experiences? Hilarious pranks and gaffes? Any things that Morzine/PortesDeSoleil offer that may be of particular interest?

I'm sure there's a wealth of experience on this very topic here - let's hear it Very Happy

Cheers,
Alexandicity
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
memorable - stay sober then
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hobbit: that's the plan for most of it, indeed.

I'm thinking along the lines of snowmobiling/husky balades/heli rides. Can anyone recommend these? Anything else of that sort of thing or other?

Groom is a huge ice hockey fan, so perhaps we can work that in somehow: seems Les Gets has an ice hocket team, perhaps they'll have a game on one of the night we're staying there...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
alexandicity, if you're all skiers, hire boards and get a two-hour lesson.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
alexandicity, Morzine have a hockey team. I didn't know Les Gets had a proper ice rink?

Heli rides? maybe a tour of the mountains.

There used to be snow mobiling in Avoriaz.

Not aware of any dog related fun.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Telemark lessons?
Snow shoeing one evening/afternoon
or hire touring gear and a guide and head off for a day out? you'll be too knackered to get p*ssed then Wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Heli transfer from the airport to resort ?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
alexandicity, Standard British lads fare....Stag loses an item of clothing after every piste.....
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Always wonder where my social development went wrong. My idea of a perfect stag party would consist of the following factors:
    1.Total time involved <12 hours
    2.Total financial commitment <£150
    3.Drinks, activity, supper....done Smile

Is it just me that I don't particularly fancy spending 4-5 days and c.£1000 doing something that involves no female company other than strippers?

I'd love to add ....'I must be getting old', but I've always felt this way. I love a great evening out with friends and some/plenty of booze but the whole scale of the 'stag party thing' leaves me a bit cold.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I remember some tandem paragliding/skiing at Avoriaz/morzine? I would have thought that would be a real adrenalin experience, never to be forgotten!

There certainly used to be horse drawn sleigh rides in Avoriaz, something like a ride after dark covered only by skins, followed by a roll in the snow, then hot wine in the hot tub?

rolling eyes Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
CaravanSkier, oooh, romantic! just what you need for a stag weekend!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I speak from experience, having sorted a Stag do in Meribel for 12 in 2011
Pick cheap and cheerful accomadation, try and invite a trusted mate along who doesn't drink, (that was me) and have him run a kitty.
Loads less hassle and no one gets upset when they get lumbered with one more 80euro round than everyone else. Keep the rounds simple for him ie 10 bottles of budweiser and a malibu and coke for the metro-sexual one in the group that doesn't like beer (every group has one)
Eat early and buy him a morph suit Very Happy

snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

My idea of a perfect stag party would consist of the following factors:

1.Total time involved <12 hours
2.Total financial commitment <£150
3.Drinks, activity, supper....done Smile

+1 I think stag and hen parties have just got utterly ridiculous. (Elderly, I know).
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
under a new name, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hookers 'n blow
ski holidays
Why'd you need the weed, fatbob, ?
snow conditions
foxtrotzulu, what is you, like a 100 blud? Shocked

under a new name, blow isn't weed son, its coke and at a guess, he may need it to get his money's worth!

alexandicity, Heli skiing, heli tour, biathlon, ice diving if you want something really different.

I think I'd go with fatbob's tip and hire a few of these http://tinyurl.com/q29vp3k
snow report
Gainz, interesting, laddie, in my day, round my gaff, "blow" was weed. Hey ho, maybe a local thing?

Heli skiing complicated from Morzine. You'd have to fly to and from Italy.

Not convinced anyone does biathlon (they do in Chamonix)
snow report
Stag do in a ski resort?? That would eliminate a lot more than 90% of my mates on cost and interest alone, but hey-ho. Do you have a whitening rather than a blackening???
latest report
I'm impressed - so many ideas, some of which are actually great! The guys and I will discuss which we like the sounds of best Neh Neh

Ice diving... that's my personal favourite! Not sure I'll be able to persuade anyone else of that though!!

As for the soundness of going skiing for a stag do - let's just say we love skiing and were going anyway... just this year, we decided to add a non-ski rationale...

Any ideas for small things we can do on the pistes while we ski? I'm going out a few days in advance so I was thinking of setting up a ski rally/scavanger hunt but tbh I'm not sure how I can make that fun..! Lose an item of clothing on each piste: fun until the clouds roll in Neh Neh
ski holidays
Maybe a ski jump? Laughing
snow report
Quote:

I was thinking of setting up a ski rally/scavanger hunt but tbh I'm not sure how I can make that fun..!

Have two (or more) teams, photographic evidence at various points around the resort with different point scores for different things. Include non ski things like having a girl sign your body with a felt tip pen (different points for different parts) then everyone submits their claims at dinner and you have a winner.
snow report
Tiger2, that's a fun idea, liking that.

alexandicity, in the (good) old days we saisonnaires used to have a round the "circuit" race, with challenges and forfeits at various stations. You wouldn't easily arrange the staffing of such things but a bit of organisation the day before by the you could result in some fun and games. Weather dependent you could incorporate some tandem flying for example to get from Super Morzine back to town at the end.

(The "Circuit" is a more or less day's ski around the core PDS stations. Classic route being Morzine-Avoriaz-Les Crosets-Champoussin-Morgins-Chatel-Avoriaz-Morzine - alternative route being the other way round)

If the Sundance in Les Crosets (is still open and) still has waitresses in miniskirts for example, you could get up to all sorts of naughtiness.

If skiing wasn't such an inherently dangerous sport I'd suggest a pub crawl of the PDS but that would be grossly irresponsible of me. Wouldn't it? Has a nice ring to it though, "80kms, 80 shots"... maybe more realistically, "8 stations, 8 shots"

Adn there is a company that rents out 80s one piece suits for at least the groom to be to wear... Twisted Evil
latest report
alexandicity wrote:
Any ideas for small things we can do on the pistes while we ski? I'm going out a few days in advance so I was thinking of setting up a ski rally/scavanger hunt but tbh I'm not sure how I can make that fun..! Lose an item of clothing on each piste: fun until the clouds roll in Neh Neh

No mention of standard, but what about hiring a guide for a day and getting some proper off-piste in? If you've not done that before it'll certainly be memorable.
ski holidays
My stag do was in Zell am See, but in the summertime, because my brother was working out there and couldn't get time off to come back to the UK. We flew into Munich and he met us there. We found our way to the minibus taxi but just as I was getting in he told me that I had a different mode of transport.

He'd called in a few favours with the hire car place and got us a BMW Z3 soft top. We cruised off into the mountains listening to a plailst he'd put together from when we grew up. It was epic.

Obviously soft top car in the winter is different BUT something to do with upscaling the transfer is good. Also, not worth bothering with return transfer, too knackered by then to care.
snow report
A mate of mine organises mountain biking on the snow after the lifts have shut. Skido up and cycle down the piste in the dark. Not done it myself but supposed to be great fun and I would imagine memorable.

I'd also be doing the tandem flight down from Super Morzine down to town at the end of the day. Very memorable of never done before and if the conditions are right the guys could scare the life out of the stag on the way down!
snow report
stay in a mountain hut for the night after a day tour/ offpiste with a guide .... if you arent all good enough to ski with a guide, snow shoe and o/night stay in hut .... the rally cars on ice like at Val Thorens.... the ski circuit thing..... tandem flight..... ice diving ..... ice climbing/lessons ..... the getting pissed in the evening is a given but there is sooo much more...... dig out your own snow holes and stay in them, maybe learn how to do them first .... ice bar ?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy