Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Quickest route from SELVA to Hidden Valley please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there
A group of us are in Selva this week and want to do the Hidden Valley one day. Can anyone tell me the best route please? We are all good intermediate on piste skiers. Thanks !
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
best or quickest?
dantercepies then the 2 way borest chair, then the chair kind of opposite, drop down the white path and go up col alt gondola, drop down, braia faida chair, then my memory goes a bit hazy, but i think one more chair (might be several options?) and you can get down to Armentarola. Get a bus/shared taxi there up to Lagazuoi, and go up that cable car. The run from there back towards Armentalrola is the Hidden Valley
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Dolomiti Superski site has a very smart route planner at http://www.dolomitisuperski.com/en/ski-more/ski/ski-route-planner Put your starting point as Selva Gardena - Wolkenstein and your finish point as Lagazuoi. Follow the instructions/map and you're ready to head off down the Hidden valley.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 14-01-14 12:02; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There's also an app for the phone, but the routing could send you anywhere.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
andy wrote:
best or quickest?
dantercepies then the 2 way borest chair, then the chair kind of opposite, drop down the white path and go up col alt gondola, drop down, braia faida chair, then my memory goes a bit hazy, but i think one more chair (might be several options?) and you can get down to Armentarola. Get a bus/shared taxi there up to Lagazuoi, and go up that cable car. The run from there back towards Armentalrola is the Hidden Valley
Correct - at least two - the Ciampai or La Fraina chairs which both give you a run down to Armentarola. The alternative route (from Corvara, after the Borest 2-way) is to take the Boe gondola then a nice red down to the Cherz chair lift and then a blue to the Masarei lift which puts you above Armentarola. It's €6 for the taxi to Lagazuoi and €2 for the horse tow on the way back.

edited to clarify

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 14-01-14 10:45; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
this was my post from last years question.... Smile

"..
There are many routes to get there - this is mine : Top of Dantercepies, ski down to Colfosco ; 'flat' chair to Corvara ; take the Costes da l'ega (29) chair ; take the drag on right Capanna neera (13) ; take nxt drag Pralongia 1 (14) ; ski down to the nxt chair Pralongia (15) ; ski down to Pralongia 2 (16) ; from the top you are now skiing down to Armentarola. At Armentarola you take a bus or taxi ; up the cable car to Laguzoi -- Hidden valley awaits Smile ---

The Horse Drag takes 5 to 7 mins, which isn't long, but can be a strain as you are concentrating on not falling and bringing everyone else down !!!!

you are now back at Armentarola ; Take the drag out of Armentarola, ski down to San Cassiano ; Bubble thingy out of San Cass ; ski down on the left to a spot where 3 lifts start ; take la branca chair (7) ; ski down a short way to the TOP of the Braia fraida (2) chair ( this is weird chair, as you have to get off half-way down !!) ; ski all the way down to Corvara ; get 'flat' chair back to Colfosco and make your way back to Dantercepies and Selva

Note - the lift numbers I have given may have changed.................................."

Whole thread here -----

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2206831&highlight=#2206831
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
deejaybee,

[agw wrote]

andy wrote:

best or quickest?
Correct - at least two - the Ciampai or La Fraina chairs which both give you a run down to Armentarola. The alternative route (from Corvara, after the Borest 2-way) is the take the Boe gondola then a nice red down to the Cherz chair lift and then a blue to the Masarei lift which puts you above Armentarola. It's €6 for the taxi and €2 for the horse tow on the way back.
[/quote]

I don't think there's much in it time wise,and both are nice: but I prefer the route Andy described, it just seemed slightly nicer/prettier
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hidden Valley is one direction only.

Access point is the Lagazuoi, cable car. The finishing point is Armentarola. The horse drag is from the end of the run inside the valley to somewhere before Armentarola. Both ends require a bit of walking.

If you are pressed with time get a taxi to Armentarola. The last bar is the taxi and bus stop. The system is a group of 5 joined together to call a cab otherwise the taxi will not come. From memory it is quite reasonable.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
saikee wrote:
Hidden Valley is one direction only.

Access point is the Lagazuoi, cable car. The finishing point is Armentarola. The horse drag is from the end of the run inside the valley to somewhere before Armentarola. Both ends require a bit of walking.

If you are pressed with time get a taxi to Armentarola. The last bar is the taxi and bus stop. The system is a group of 5 joined together to call a cab otherwise the taxi will not come. From memory it is quite reasonable.

Taxi from Capanna Alpina (the bottom of the Hidden Valley run) was same price as horse-tow (€2pp) when I did it last, you need a group to fill the taxi, but there was one waiting there. The taxi will drop you at the Hotel Armentarola which is a bit closer to the bottom of the drag at Armentarola, so less poling/walking involved than if you took the horse-tow...but nowhere near as much fun!! Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bruski, thanks for the heads up re the route planner. Its url seems to have changed to:
http://www.dolomitisuperski.com/en/ski-more/ski/ski-route-planner
(As far as I can see the only difference is the full-stop you put on the end!)
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cheers Freddie, I've edited the post above
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We took 1 hour from the taxi's at Armentarola to the top of Lagazuoi, the queues are well organised, and the cabin up takes around 70 people, but it will be busy. We had a coffee stop on the way, a meal in Scotoni, it was busy, we set off at 8.30, and were having a gluwhein in Jimmy's, just before Danterceppies lift at 3.45, we are 50 something intermediates, and have lots of photo's, so we didn't rush. It is an amazing days skiing, and we will be back and doing it in February.
This is taken from my ski performance which is available using your ski pass.
01 Costabello
02 Danterceppies A
03 Borest R
04 Costes da l Ega
05 Col Alto A
06 Braia Fraida A
07 Ciampai
08 Lagazuoi A
09 Armentarola
10 Piz Sorega A
11 La Brancia
12 Borest A
13 Sodlisia
14 Plans-Frara A
15 Val Setus
16 Cir A
We tried to repeat this at Xmas, but it was closed due to avalanches, maybe worth calling in on the Tourist Info before you set off if you have had any recent snowfall
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thank you all very much, weather permitting we will be doing it tomorrow Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
deejaybee wrote:
Thank you all very much, weather permitting we will be doing it tomorrow Very Happy
Enjoy - forecast is good. If you have lunch at Scotonis you might have to wait a while for one of their famous grills - on Friday one of our group was told 40 minutes! On the other hand the spinach and ricotta ravioli was absolutely delicious...
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Well, deejaybee, hope you're back in Selva by now! How did it go?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy