Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Storm Blasts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
First post please be gentle:

So like a few others I snapped up some skis from TK Maxx. Storm Blast 175cm. Well worth signing up to snowheads for that information alone.

I need to put bindings on them. Could anyone recommend which I should use? I've never had to pick before. I don't want to spend much money and I will need to have them fitted.

I'm also getting cold feet about the skis now I've seen them. I currently ski Salomon Thrusters (161cm) and I've always felt they are a little short. But I'm worried I've over cooked it with the Blasts and that I will suffer on piste. They are 98cm underfoot where as the Thrusters were 80. Maybe its because they don't have bindings on at the moment so it looks worse.

I'm after a do it all ski. But one that if I stuck to pistes I wouldn't become frustrated with. To give you some more info I am 1.8m and 13st (80kg I think)

Maybe I should stop caring stick some bindings on them and get on with it. Its only £100 pair of skis...

PS My other choice would be to return the Blasts and get some Storm smoke skis at 169. Not twin tip but maybe faster and more stable on piste. The smart move is to take the thrusters and hire some skis if I fancy something different...
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowjho,

http://www.freeride.co.uk/gear/skis/2012/storm/blast.html

Have a chat with Spiderjon http://www.jonsskituning.co.uk/ he'll be happy to talk you through your options on bindings from new to what you may look for on line.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the reply. I've had a look at the freeride site but its got limited information. Just wondered if anyone had an personal experiences. I'll definitely ask spyderjon for his thoughts
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowjho, Another vote for spyderjon. I bought some skis on the same website and have already contacted him about bindings for mine snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yep spyderjon knows Storm skis very well as they are a business local to him (and me). I haven't tried Blasts or Smokes but when I was after a do it all ski and after some long chats with Andy David who owns Storm skis I ended up with a pair of Rages, he said, and having owned them for 2 years I agree, despite being marketed as a park ski they are good all mountain skis. Wide enough to cope soft stuff but still agile enough to be great fun on hard packed pistes.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
and I am doing the same, jsut trying to decide if it's the Carv at 155cm or the Rage at 166cm The Rage are a little long (eldest Junior is 162cm) and the carv just about right, but very piste focussed. Decisions, decisions....
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just seen tk maxx actually have the rage in 174. I thought it was only 166. Reckon that might be the one to go for.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My Rages are the 174s, as to bindings I've got Storm branded Vists on them (Quiverkillered by Spyderjon)
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
davkt wrote:
My Rages are the 174s, as to bindings I've got Storm branded Vists on them (Quiverkillered by Spyderjon)

So my Storm rages turned up today. I have been very impressed with TK Maxx service. Ordered these on Tuesday evening and they were here for free before midday today. Constantly updated via email and text. The blasts were ordered on a Thursday evening and they turned up the following Monday.

The skis look good and from what you say davkt I think the rages may be a better bet. Same length but hopefully the narrower waist will make them more agile on piste which is where I spend the majority of my time.

I've been on the spyderjon who has recommended VIST bindings and I think I may well try and combine a stag do in nottingham with getting the bindings mounted.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy