Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Quiver Killers Detremental to the Ski

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

So contacted my local ski shop about QK's on my Whitedot Preachers (they are already have barons on them).

"I'm afraid we can't be held liable for any issues which arise from their drilling.

Generally we wouldn't recommend their use as they are very detrimental to
the ski."

I thought this was a strange response, but maybe they are not that confident about fitting them.

Thoughts?

Ross
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
find another shop/fitter......
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I will have to, probably end up posting them down to spyderjon.

Maybe they have had issues in the past. On another point it will be ok to redrill the current barron holes in my skis for the same binding?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Were you asking the shop about fitting QKs to refit the existing bindings or a to mount a different set ?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
They're no more detrimental than any other inserts, indeed, as they are tapped and screwed in they are, imho, far stronger than most other fitment methods as they are spreading the load over a wider area than normal screws.

What were their alternative suggestions? A new pair of skis perhaps? Wink

Do they stock quiver killers or were you asking them to fit stuff you supplied? If they aren't familiar with doing it, then I can understand them being a bit nervous about doing it, but I certainly wouldn't say that they are 'detrimental' to the ski in any way.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
AB Ski wrote:
Were you asking the shop about fitting QKs to refit the existing bindings or a to mount a different set ?

My original email

"Can you remount my marker barons with quiver killers and does it have any
performance issues?"

If so can you give me a price?

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Mon 13-01-14 12:15; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
feef wrote:
Do they stock quiver killers or were you asking them to fit stuff you supplied? If they aren't familiar with doing it, then I can understand them being a bit nervous about doing it, but I certainly wouldn't say that they are 'detrimental' to the ski in any way.

No they don't seem to stock them.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Have any ski (or binding) manufacturers endorsed use of QKs. If not then maybe the shop is just being cautious about potential liability in the event of an accident using equipment they mounted in a 'non standard' way ?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
AB Ski, ^^^^^that.

roscoeh, talk to Jon at Piste Office, he's your man!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I can't see why it would cause any problems, its only helicoiling for the uninformed.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Markymark29 wrote:

roscoeh, talk to Jon at Piste Office, he's your man!

Seconded.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy