Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Trespass salopettes...seems reasonable

Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,

New here and running on about 2 weeks ski time (about 5 years ago). I have looked pretty heavily into ski wear, as soon as I start something I get kinda addicted.

Anyway it would seem to me important things for salopettes is waterproof ness and breath ability ( from reading some posts I expect you may slate me for number crunching) however I want to find something that'l do the job and not cost too much. Or much at all if possible.

I'm aware of some hatred against trespass but not sure it's always really fair on them. I've found these (this is about as much as I wish to spend)

http://www.outdoormegastore.co.uk/trespass-alden-mens-ski-pant.html

Seems a pretty good reduction with some good numbers and tech. Am I getting a bit out of my league, will I be comfortable in some 30 quid dare2be gear or lower end trespass or is it worth paying this much for what seems to be top of the budget range? If hunted in tkmaxx and not really found anything and I'm pretty severely limited on budget.

Cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They look good - special is interesting.
I have been trawling skiwear sites and have ordered
from Nevisport.com, I missed the site you have come across. I haven't compared the prices yet.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Trespass is OK, you'll probably get better for the same money or less by going to Decathlon if you have one handy or get a better price on Trespass gear (or better brands for that money) in your local TK Maxx, or their website http://www.tkmaxx.com/ski+sportswear/mens-ski+snowboarding/icat/3101#esp_cf=ESP_Rational_Style&esp_filter_ESP_Rational_Style=SNOW%20PANTS
My Maier trousers cost about that from TK.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers guys,

I will def check out decathlon and keep looking on tk maxx.
Was really wondering if given I'm not guna be in arctic temps and am going for the odd week of they're worth the extra 30 quid or if some say 5k/5k pants for 40 quid would do (assumin I don't find a better pair where you have mentioned)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I wore some £40 Trespass salopettes last year (and will be using them again this year) and found them perfectly comfortable, and waterproof.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

I'm aware of some hatred against trespass

not from me - I have had Trespass jackets from T K Maxx - excellent. You don't need to spend a fortune. Decathlon's own stuff is very good and they describe it accurately.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tomf05, if you aren't going in the depths of January, then cheaper salopettes will be fine. Personally, I think you you have to be a pretty good skier to carry off the stretch look and I'd normally go for standard salopettes. Purely a personal preference.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You will chuck out your salopettes when sitting on a snow-covered chairlift seat leaves you with a damp bum feeling. This will happen after about 5 years whatever brand you are wearing.

For late seaason it is nice to have vents. An extra layer in the form of a pair of long johns works on cold days. Try them on and make sure the straps don't slip down over your shoulders. Trespass is good value and good quality stuff.

snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have two pair of Trespass salopettes, both are fine, waist clasp is the only weak feature. Worn at -28 and were just about warm enough with thermals on.

Not sure about the stretchy ones.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks all, just what I needed to hear. In that case, unless I find some great discount in TK maxx I may go for these

http://www.trespass.co.uk/mens-enrique-03138

and save 20 quid as I get back on the slopes again.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I also have Trespass salopettes. Cost about £30-40 from TKMaxx. Never been cold, comfortable fit, and look OK. On one occasion I was skiing in constant rain/sleet and the thighs did get wet, but it was a bloody horrible day. In normal snow they have been great.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
blahblahblah wrote:
I have two pair of Trespass salopettes, both are fine, waist clasp is the only weak feature. Worn at -28 and were just about warm enough with thermals on.

Not sure about the stretchy ones.

I sent 2 pairs back to Trespass last winter due to this failure. The first pair arrived with one of the two poppers already hanging off. The second pair failed exactly the same so i returned them and gave up. I picked up a superb deal on a set of Columbia salopettes. I have since bought a £20 pair from Trespass for use at my local dry slope in cold weather and so far they are fine.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Both my sons had a kids jacket and trousers from Surfanic a couple of years ago as I refused to shell out top dollar for something that they were going to grow out of. 4 trips on the kit is still in good nick and waterproof.

If there adult stuff is any good it might be worth a look.

Website is here:- http://www.surfanic.co.uk/mens/winter/ski-pants/
Tech detail here:- http://www.surfanic.co.uk/technical/

Disclaimer - I have no vested interest here and my kit is all mediumly expensive Salomon that I had for a landmark birthday a couple of years back
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I had a pair of Trespass Jack Salopettes, did a review on Snowheads year before last.

Bone dry and very warm, however stitching went under the crutch.

Returned them to Trespass after two seasons use and to be fair they replaced them with brand new identical pair and refunded my postage.

So Brilliant customer service. Think for the money you cannot go wrong
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I bought a pair of trespass ski trousers and trespass ski jacket via sports pursuit. Used the jacket for a few days and a weeks skiing got back and realised the seal around the pocket had gone. contacted sports pursuit who arranged replacement with trespass which arrived me me the day after I dropped of the returned item.
ski holidays
foxtrotzulu, I was wondering what the del with the stretchy ones is. Surely you can't really tell unless you're wearing them. They seem to be just as insulated as normal ones and no tighter fitting just allow a bit more of a bend rather than moving over your leg as you leg bends inside.

Purely given the price, that it's free delivery and that quidco give an extra ten percent I think I may revert and go for the stretchy ones. 50% discount seems silly to miss out on for the top of their range.
snow conditions
Cheap salopettes are fine when it's cold, the problems arise when sitting on a snow covered chairlift later in the season if it snows without being too cold.
latest report
I have a pair of Trespass salopettes which I bought second hand from a mate for a fiver. He had a good few years use out of them and I have had 7 trips in them with one more in Feb. They are excellent. lovely and warm and with the odd nikwax wash still waterproof. I will buy some new ones for next year and have no hesitation in buying the same brand. Good value I recxkon
ski holidays
Tomf05, Did you order in the end? Anygood?
ski holidays
Mike-H wrote:
Tomf05, Did you order in the end? Anygood?

Should be coming this week will let you know when I recieve it.

My trespass jacket just came and seems of pretty good quality anyway.
latest report
Mike-H, Sport Pursuit now has the trespass stuff in there sale. 70% off. As I said, I bought my new salopettes and jacket last season through them and were VERY impressed with their customer services (I posted at the time) when the jacket developed a fault.

If you don't have an account I would happily refer you Happy
snow report
I'd also recommend looking at Surfanic. Maybe slightly better quality than Trespass but am not entirely sure.
ski holidays
NickyJ, Saw that email this morning. Also tempted by the ones on outdoormegastore though. Smile
latest report
Have seen the sport pursuit sale and was about to smash my head against the wall until I realised neither of the items I bought were in it. The sale is good but I think the stated RRP is massively overstated can find most of those deals at similar prices if you scour the internet. And also not all the deals around a similar price give any better numbers (ie waterproof ness/ breathability)

On the other hand, outdoor megastore, despite offering free next day delivery over £50 have just emailed me to say they have a stock shortage of the Alden pants. They will be getting more this week and dispatching as soon as they arrive. Slightly disappointed in that aspect but overall very impressed with the customer service and communication. Reimburse sending stuff back up to £6 too.

As per the brands, in my limited experience I can't really offer an opinion, I can say that the quality seems fine and anyone who says all trespass gear is unfashionable is full of tosh, exact same patterns/colour ways as marmot and other brands.

Another question on subject though, I'm a tad concerned that the jacket is quite thin, would definitely call it more of a waterproof with light padding. Feels warm at home but will I be ok in -15?
latest report
My salopettes are Trespass; every year from dec to march I scour all the normal shops, incl tk max, decathlon etc etc for another pair. My only rule is that they are not black.
I still haven't found a better good value pair to replace them - they are so comfy and functional.
By looking at the old holiday photos, I've had them for circa 9 or 10 years, because I had them when the Olympics were on in Italy.

I got them for £30 new!
That's vfm
latest report
Tomf05, what's the waterproof + breathability rating of the jacket? -15 brrrrr.
ski holidays
Mike-H wrote:
Tomf05, what's the waterproof + breathability rating of the jacket? -15 brrrrr.

5k/5k am a little worried it just seems quite thin. I didnt go for a shell purposely, although this certainly seems less bulky than what I was used to being forced to wear 5 years ago.

Spose the under layers are the key to warmth
latest report
Timbobaggins, did your pants have kick patches? How necessary are they?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy