Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Molltaler Glacier, Austria - info required

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Out in Schladming, Austria next week. I'm on the hunt for powder. Forecast suggest weather coming in from the south west on Tuesday / Wednesday. A quick look at the forecast says Schladming and nearby resorts will probably not get much fresh snow, so looking a bit further afield. Have the Salzburg Superpass and the furthest south and west I can find covered is the Molltaler Glacier, http://www.bergfex.com/moelltalergletscher/. I'm assuming to get there would be up the Gastein valley and on the motor-train through the tunnel? Maybe a bit of a trek and not sure how much the tunnel would cost but could be an adventure. Anyone any experience skiing here? Recommend any guides for off piste? Looks to be mainly above tree line so a clear day would be in order. The other option would be sport gastein - though I'm guessing more protected from the incoming weather.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
waynos, I was over at Katchberg (Lungau) on Thursday, it was F***ing awesome. So much untracked, NO people whatsoever, and it´s on the superskipass(as is Mölltal, but not so far to travel) I agree it will be pants if viz is low…think Obertauern Wink But seriously, it is an amazing place, and so underrated, more than enough to keep you out of mischief Madeye-Smiley, I will even share the Maut if you jump in with me Smile
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
waynos, yep, train through the tunnel to Mallnitz-Obervellach. There's a ski bus to Molltal. And one to Ankogel which is nearer and has better terrain.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
waynos, i've never done it (you know my off piste skills aren't up to it!) but with a guide, you can park in Gastein, take the train through to the south, up to Molltaler Glacier and then ski back to Sportgastein off the ridge. I see people doing it all the time when i'm up at Sportgastein. You'd need a guide though. If you're interested, I can look into a guide for you.

Cheers
Kersh
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers guy. The idea of off piste from Molltaler back to Sport sounds interesting. I'll do some googling for a guide, though I wonder how low the route goes and what the snow cover is like.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy