Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria New Year - Where?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I will be in Prague over hols but I am thinking of driving (or taking the train to Insbruck or similar) to Austria for some skiing.
What resorts are good for:
a) solo skiers with flexible and budget accommodation b) snow record
I was think about solden, St Anton......
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's a lot easier to get to St Anton by train than to Solden. It's a busy time of the year and most places will be booked up, St Anton is excellent but it isn't cheap. Western Austria isn't seeing the best of the snow at the moment so you might want to consider somewhere around Salzburg.

http://www.bergfex.com/austria/

http://www.bergfex.com/stanton-stchristoph/

http://www.skiarlberg.at/ost/english/index.html
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Warning. The New Year is the busiest time of the season & its very diffciult to get accomodation in St Anton
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the tips, I have never skied in the salzburg area, resorts tend to be lower so I have always though snow conditions will be a bit risky - perhaps it is a misconception as the temperatures may be a bit lower further east. Any resorts to recommend in that area? Isn't Schaldming around there ?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
offpiste, don't worry too much about resort height as there is a lot of snow in the Salzburg area at present and the Innsbruck area so hopefully it will hold out! I have been to a few resorts in this area and somewhere like Mayhofen (about an hour from Innsbruck) has good value accommodation and lots of skiing, plus the glacier is also included on the lift pass if the snow is a bit thin. The apres ski is also great.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sun 8-01-06 18:55; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ok, I did a search in website for Austrian resorts good for offpiste, the following list was produced:
Galtur Hochgurgl Ischgl Kitzbuhel Lech Obergurgl Obertauern Solden St Anton St Christoph Zurs
Seems Obertaurn is the only on in the Salzburg area, Any expereince with that one?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Obertauern is a really nice resort with a good variety of runs, almost 100k I think. Apres Ski is pretty good as well. I've stayed at the Hotel Leitner**** and the Hotel Solaria ***, which are both good and cheap for what you get.
I'm going there this weekend and heard from a colleague who was there last weekend said there was plenty new snow. If you want I can post how I found it?

I was at Schladming last weekend and most of the runs were open the conditions of the runs were pretty good as well.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi Dicko,
How was obertaurn??
cheers
m
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm going today.

I was skiing yesterday at Hebalm in Steirmark in Austria. Conditions were excellent with about 1 metre of snow, your only at 1500m as well.

I wil post on Monday how I found Obertauern.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I was in Lofer (45minutes by car/taxi from Salzburg) a couple of years ago--booked last minute on Ryanair--and stayed in a hotel right up on the mountain--ski in ski out--was very reasonable--with excellent food (half board). It was during the week though--Tuesday to Friday-- I believe weekends get more crowded. Would like to go back there again--it's a small resort--but ideal for a few days. Blush
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy