Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes les Brevieres

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking of going to Tignes les Brevieres w/c 12 April. I know no-one has a crystal ball but would appreciate any helpful comments as to likelihood of snow down to the village and how easy it is to go up and back to Tignes le Lac if snow not good at Brevieres. We are a family of mixed ability, don't need blacks. Does the ski-school run at Brevieres this late or do you have to go up to le Lac for ski-school. Many thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
raggerty,

The snow is normally still good in April & you can ski back to the village. At the moment it is pretty warm throughout the alps and probably needs to cool down a bit to keep the snow cover.

The ESF office will still be open in April and will offer ski lessons from Breviere & Tignes 1800. If there are not enough clients in Breviere the ESF will normally run you up to Tignes le Lac.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This is obviously a strange kind of January, but assuming we get back to something approaching normality you should be absolutely fine in the first half of April. I was in Boisses at the end of April last year and the runs down to Brev were still open. Bit slushy perhaps but definitely open.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
And if by some quirk of nature you can't ski back you can ride back down on the gondola in comfort admiring the view and finishing off the hip flask Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bogusman wrote:
This is obviously a strange kind of January, but assuming we get back to something approaching normality you should be absolutely fine in the first half of April. I was in Boisses at the end of April last year and the runs down to Brev were still open. Bit slushy perhaps but definitely open.

+1
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Tignes les Brevieres is a nice smal place to stay, and the going down by the booble down is nice too.

Going over to Le is quite fast.

Stayed there over christmas. snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
raggerty, I have stayed in Brev in April before and the ski back was lovely - you are skiing down the summer road for the last bit through the pine trees - slushy at points but that's what you expect in the spring. It's the most 'alpine village' like part of Tignes. As for what the snow will actually be like who knows! Bear in mind you are still higher than, eg, Meribel.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Many thanks everyone for the advice. I am going to try and put the trip together as you have given me the confidence that snow shoudn't be a problem.
Next problem is taking child out of school on the Friday before but that will be another story no doubt!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hyst wrote:
booble

LOL!

Brev is lovely, every time I'm in the EK I make sure I ski Sache then have lunch in that nice place at the bottom by the bridge.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
HoneyBunny, Puzzled OK let us try in danish: liften ned er også helt i orden. (I hope that is better for you).
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hyst, sense of humour failure?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The Armailly in Brev is great too. Enjoy the trip.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just back from week in Val d'Isere & skied over to Tignes le Brev on Wed. There has been very little snow since the end of November and it was very mild (up to 9 degrees c) but the Blue run down into le Brev (Myrtilles) was still fine, although a little bit soft on some of the corners. But considering the recent conditions not bad at all. We think the village is very quaint & were discussing the possibility of staying there in the future. As mentioned above we decided that if the altitude meant that the snow was not very good we would still be able to access areas at a higher altitude very easily via the Bubble and return the same way if necessary.
We would also like to recommend the Pizzeria restaurant L'Armailly just over the road off the piste, we've eaten there before and were just as impressed this time. The food is excellent & reasonable and the service very good. The pizzas are big & can easily be shared by two people.
Enjoy!! Madeye-Smiley
Lizzie & David
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy