Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Oakley Splice goggles too big for me?

Poster: A snowHead
sorry, the one i am looking at is a B-free ski here: http://www.highoctanesport.co.uk/products/bolle-kids-b-free-helmet?utm_source=googlepla&utm_medium=cpc&gclid=CI-X0OSk97sCFfKWtAodDXIA_w
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
EuanFraser, you've got your goggles! Take them to the shop and try on with various helmets to check how they fit! Thats the only way to know for sure.........
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
i have the bolle b kids helmet in a rasta colour and it fits perfectly with my oakley ambush's i am sure you will be fine euannnnnnn
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
ahah sorry guys, im going crazy.. just so excited about skiing and want to be prepared!! Hopefully the a-frames will come soon so i can decide..
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
EuanFraser, I understand your excitement! My personal view is that the goggles do look pretty big on you, but that doesn't matter if you like the look of them AND they fit your helmet. The latter may be your problem. Unless you buy a helmet that you have checked with the goggles then you will have a problem every time you go skiing.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi guys, really hyped. A frames just came in the post and they look AMAZING. The vents don't actually look too bad in real (I was a bit worried about them) and they are visibly a smaller fit/frame. I have decided to keep the A-frames and send back the Splices purely because I look rather like an astronaut which my dad said! (I finally came to my senses) And although they may be better and have superior vision, at this point in time I feel the a frames are better for me (at least until I grow). Here are the pictures (some of me in the Splices for comparison): http://s1015.photobucket.com/user/EuanFraser/media/image_zps87584b5f.jpg.html

http://s1015.photobucket.com/user/EuanFraser/media/image_zpsabe8f38b.jpg.html

http://s1015.photobucket.com/user/EuanFraser/media/image_zpsfefb5064.jpg.html

http://s1015.photobucket.com/user/EuanFraser/media/image_zps3142cb6d.jpg.html

What are your thoughts?

Also are they more compatible with helmets? And does anyone know any helmets that DEFIANTLY fit?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I don't know which is which, but I think you look worse in this pair: http://s1015.photobucket.com/user/EuanFraser/media/image_zpsabe8f38b.jpg.html than in this pair: http://s1015.photobucket.com/user/EuanFraser/media/image_zps3142cb6d.jpg.html
If that is any help.

I do hope you manage to get a helmet, and that you have a great time when you get to use them. As for a helmet that will

Quote:
DEFIANTLY fit

Well if you are going to want to argue with it you had better make sure that it 'definitely' fits!! wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
EuanFraser,

The A Frames look a better fit, but at the end of the day it's all down to how you feel in them, and how they match up to your helmet. Suggest you take Megamum's advice ad get down to Sports Direct to complete your setup. Oh, and start saving for next year. Boots are next, then skis. Those are the threads that will really run and run snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks guys yeah the ones without the big outriggers are the a frames.Wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
TKMAxx sounds like a plan
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
i think you look rather spiffing in the a frames and they definatly fit your tiny little cute face better than those bug eyes! ahahah lol! so yeah little boy i think you look more sexy in the a frames bbz
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ahahah oscar
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
i agree with megamum very much indeed, how about we all get together for a chat and a drink about skiing?!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Oscar I suggest you stop now Smile
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Can anyone suggest a good shop to go to for helmets under £55 in kent, not TKMAxx already had that?
snow conditions
I am sorry for my recent comments i made, i have come to my senses now, (i know euan in real life) but euan i suggest the Bolle b kids helmet
latest report
Ok
ski holidays
I have the oakley splices and they are big but it's only really noticeable when you are not wearing a helmet.
Both goggles are awesome but if it was me I would pick the goggles which give you best comfort and vision, most goggles look stupid without a helmet anyway.
Oakley goggles are designed to fit helmets, I really think you'll struggle to find a helmet which they don't fit well with, at least I haven't.
Just google and find a ski shop in a near by town, try a few helmets on with the goggles, if find one you like but it's out of your price range make a note of the model and try find it cheaper online.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 15-01-14 12:55; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
EuanFraser, Captains Cabin are one I hear advertised. Their website suggests they could sort you out in your price range. http://www.captainscabin.com/shop/section.php/305/1/juniorhelmets However, I can't offer any personal recommendation.
snow report
Hi guys, i have decided to keep the A-frames. Was just looking at them a few minutes ago and saw a slight scuff on the outside of the lens (looks like it's only the coating) but when i look through the goggles i cant see anything... are the fire iridium lenses renowned for having a thing fragile coating? no idea how ive done it, having been taking really good care off them and only been using the micro-fibre bag that it came with to clean it, although i took the lens out and put it back in and was trying to be careful but may have done it then..
snow conditions
thin fragile not thing
ski holidays
Euan if you are going to buy a helmet definately do NOT buy one of the internet as your first helmet. If you are going to get one then go to Snow wear or Decathlon and see which ones work with your a frames. I personally think you shouldnt get a helmet because you are thehn spending like 120 pounds at 14 just for a couple trips. The helmets are reasonable at a rental in a skiing resort and there will definatly be helmets that will be comfortable and fit with th goggles.
snow report
i went to the dry ski slope in chatham last weekend, and to my surprise they had the exact helmet i have been looking at, the salomon jib helmet jr. Sadly, i didn't have my goggles with me to try them on but i tried it on anyway and it fit. Hopefully, i will be ordering it this weekend and can check it all out. Anyone know anything about it?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy