Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Auvergne le Mont Dore.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just wondering about going somewhere different for a short trip at half term to avoid costs and crowds and wondered if anyone has skied here ?.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Where?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Le mont-dore France,Super Besse.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://pistehors.com/backcountry/wiki/Massif-Central/Le-Mont-Dore
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Skied there many. many moons ago so sadly no current information. I enjoyed it and it kept me happy for a few days any way. I stayed down the valley in the beautiful spa town of La Bourboule.

However friends have a house not too far away in the Cantal so they can ski at Le Lioran (on Plomb du Cantal/Puy Mary) on a regular basis. They have told me that so far this season things have not been too good. (this is the English version of the web site: http://www.lelioran.com/index.php?_lang=GB) They have not yet bothered to go down there to ski (they live in France and are retired so they can depart when ever they want to). I know that both of them are passionate skiers, so had conditions been good they would have upped sticks and been off like the proverbial from a shovel!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
meandrew, what? irony?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
under a new name, I'm guessing low cost no crowds?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
meandrew, I skid there on my first ski trip ever, school trip in the 70's......very fond memories but never been back for skiing, albeit went in summer about 5-6 years ago and looked good, vowed we will go back and fully intend to. Supposed to great Freeride terrain and a bit of a local Mecca for gnalies, don't know how conditions are this year.

Well worth a look, if some decent snow then go.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Markymark29, yeah that's what I was guessing I wondering if to wait last minute and just drive down if the snows good and see if we can get accommodation last minute, but it does look good for off piste if conditions are right so I will be needing a local guide.There looks to be enough for a week if conditions are good so fingers crossed ,just out of interested do you know when the French school hols are?.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
meandrew, http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=99593

Have fun, interested in your feedback
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
No local holidays either its all looking good.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Skied Mont Dore twice in the last 10years, on neither occasion was the link to Super Besse open, once (3 day visit) too much (poor piste bashing) and once (1 day) lack of the white stuff on the South side, but that was in the middle of April. Mont Dore spa town good fun though.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
P10DW, no such thing as poor piste bashing, best thing is no piste bashing!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
P10DW, super Besse is super ugly, stay in Le Mont Dore!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Le mont dore does look skiing wise more fun as well off the tele lifts and the pas de l'ane.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy