Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boot fitter and boot recommendations Between Glasgow and Manchester

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I'm about to finally admit defeat and buy new boots after running my Rossi XXs into the ground. I originally got the boots from Blues in Glasgow and probably was lucky that they didn't need modifications. This time I am looking for boots for the next few years that will help me keep improving (i'm 39 and started trying to unlearn my bad habits when I was 33). I'm very keen to make sure I get the right boots that enable me to continue to improve my powder, steep and bump skiing. I think I'm an upper intermediate to advanced skier (probably more advanced when I'm fitter as I don't have many issues with my technique until I come to bumps). Each year for the last 3 years I've had lessons and got noticeably better as I've trained before going skiing.

I am not sure what flex I need am 5'11 and 14 stone on piste I ski fast carving GS turns or short turns when I'm in the mood and it's steep. I've quickly tried some Lange RX 100s but it wasn't a proper fitting - they felt very soft to me but I suppose it could have been the shop temperature. I would have thought I would need something like a 120 flex does any one have any opinions on this. I worry that if I get something too flexible I'll not progress equally I want to enjoy my skiing not race. I'd be interested to know what current boots I show be trying (money is not the main issue -fit is).

My feet are low volume with normal arches and I have skinny ankles I've always skied knock knee'd in the past and have to try hard not to - so I've wondered if this is a foot problem or it was down to weak muscles. Is there a boot fitter that anyone would recommend between Glasgow and Manchester that would be able to identify any issues I have and find the right boot for me?

Thanks in advance,
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Flexon, http://www.rivingtonalpine.co.uk/

Make an appointmant to see Graham. Just North of Manchester, just off the M61.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Anything Technical. Kendal I think.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
One of my friends went to Alain Baxter recently and was very impressed, he has hobbit feet and has had no luck at all the usual chains.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
geepee wrote:
Flexon, http://www.rivingtonalpine.co.uk/

Make an appointmant to see Graham. Just North of Manchester, just off the M61.

This ^^^
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi there,

If your looking for a quality boot fitter, call Shona Anderson at Nevisport Glasgow. 01413324814. She will get you sorted for sure.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Guess you'll be looking at Flexons then Wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Anything technical
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Graham at Rivington Alpine in Adlington, Lancashire
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
altis wrote:
Guess you'll be looking at Flexons then Wink

Yes the full tilts are tempting but then I don't think I could get some Volkl P9s to go with them anymore.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Flexon wrote:
I don't think I could get some Volkl P9s to go with them anymore.

That takes me back. Nearly 30 years. Embarassed Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've seen various FullTilts at Rivington Alpine but I'm not sure whether they're a regular line. Give Graham aa call.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy