Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

wengen snow!!!!!

Poster: A snowHead
look on www.wengen.com at the weather snow for the next 5 days, the base this year is going to be sick great snow i just can't wait to be there
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
muttley, I hate to burst your bubble but as of this morning Wengen only had about 2cm of snow in the village, and they are unlikely to get more than 15cm today, with a bit of luck the higher slopes will get a little more but don't hold your breath, for Good skiing in the area you need a minimum of 30cm in resort and about 70cm at Mannlichen / Kl Schidegg, the Schilthorn needs about 1M minimum to open the highest runs due to underlying rocks, also you need the snow to come straight down otherwise it blows away from certain runs, particularly across the back of the Mannlichen
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Splendid!!!! I'm making my first pilgrimage to "Mecca" on 14 Jan. I have been told to expect greatness, and I'm mildly excited, to understate things a bit.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
alright mate be optomistic at least it is a good start, last year was rather depressing as we had no snow this time last year!lets just hope it keeps snowing snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

just hope it keeps snowing

Yep, keeping everything crossed Laughing

Here's a live pic from the village
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
D G Orf, Thats a nice sight! Cheers.
A few questions if you don't mind:
We've got flights to Bern, with bus transfers. Do we get on the train at Interlaken for the final bit up to Wengen? How easy is it to transfer by train from Bern? I've had a look at the SBB website, and the journey incorporates a couple of buses, which kind of takes the point out of going by train. Perhaps, as Mr Wengen, you know different...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
paulmck, ok first off Chris Brooks has said that there may be a special bus conection from Bern to the region, which I suspect will connect with Lauterbrunnen (TBC)

If you are coming with a tour op they will I think take you via bus to Lauterbrunnen where you change onto the train to Wengen, If using the public transport system the easiest is apparently Bus from airport to Bern station, Bern to Interlaken Ost by train (1hr) Interlaken Ost to Lauterbrunnen (train depts Platform 2 normally from sektor A, sektor B goes to Grindelwald). However you get to Lauterbrunnen the final bit of the journey will be by train to Wengen, unless you wish to walk up the footpath wink

Bus from Bern airport to Lauterbrunnen should take about 1.5 hours roughly

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Fri 25-11-05 15:02; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
paulmck,
Quote:

We've got flights to Bern, with bus transfers

I think there is only one tour operator using Bern for the region which is Inghams and they t/fer you to Lauterbrunnen by coach for Wengen/Murren.

Its always a steep decent flying into Bern snowHead

paulmck, hope you are going to ski Murren when you are there(the highest resort in the region)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
paulmck, so you will be out there for the Lauberhorn race, should be manic for your first weekend, then it will go quiet, where in Wengen will you be staying ?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Its always a steep decent flying into Bern

I can agree with that, it certanly is an interesting flight path
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
D G Orf, Yes going for the Lauberhorn. Staying at the Falken. Hoping it will be a bit like after the Lord Mayor's Show and everyone will go home after sunday/monday!!
Many thanks for the travel tips - we'll be sheep and go on the bus transfer and look forward to the train up from Lauterbrunnen. Any dreadful impressions you might have of the hotel feel free to be frank! Being Switzerland, I can't see anything being substandard (famous last words..).

Chris Brookes, Thanks to you also for your info. Of course we will be skiing Muerren - its the law to go up to the Piz Gloria isn't it?! Understand there's a thrilling itinerary down from it too isn't there?

srobbo, Looking forward to the flight now as well!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
paulmck, If you click on below ' my photo gallery' there is a short video clip of me filming my better half skiing the top of the Schilthorn.

You might need to register first to view the pictures/video clips
If that doesn't work go to http://www.snowmediazone.com and view 'video clips'

And yes its a must to visit the Schilthorn (Piz Gloria) and have lunch up there before you ski down (make sure you check out the weather conditions first,if you have a TV in your room it should have the Panoramic live via cable TV feed showing the Schilthorn/Mannnlichen/Junfraujoch.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
paulmck, When you're out we'll have a good chat - you'll love Wengen and some of the "interesting" possibilities there. There's more than meets the eye. Of course you already knew I grew up ski-ing there. Falken has always been very nice!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
paulmck, I've oftern heard it said that the Falken is rather like Faulty Towers, actually it used to be worse Shocked , however in recent years a lot of work has been carried out and it's a lot better wink

By the way we'll have to meet up on the Saturday or Sunday night as I'm out there until Monday the 16th
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
paulmck, Stopped in the Falken last year, really enjoyed the hotel, good food, great little bar (Try Terry's Crisps). Will be filled with the Italian ski team when you arrive.
ski holidays
The Falken is ok, stayed there two years ago. The room was very good with a really comfortable bed and a chaise louge to lay sprawl on. They also have a very interesting piano player.
ski holidays
D G Orf, how far is it to Mannlichen Cablecar Puzzled
snow report
Chris Brookes, from where ?
snow conditions
Quote:

The Falken
snow conditions
Chris Brookes, Well that depends how you go, you could ski down the nursery slope and past the ice rink or you could walk down the hill past the railway station and down the high street, either way it's well under 5 minutes
ski holidays
Yes you could argue that the Falken is a ski out and in hotel
latest report
D G Orf, thanks.
snow report
Chris Brookes, About 1 min, walk across the garden, ski's on, slide down the nursery slope. Can ski back to within 20m
snow report
Good stuff this, folks - all grist to my mill!
D G Orf, Yes we should meet for ein bier. You will know a good kneipe I'm sure!
I'm pleased to hear about Fawlty Towers - any hotel which is compared to this is all the better for it in my view...
riverman, whats so interesting about the piano player - has he got two heads or something?
easiski, see you in a few days!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy