Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cervinia - Mountain restaurant recomendations please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
In Zermatt at the moment and planning to spend tomorrow in Cervinia. Any recommendations of good mountain restaurants there? Please indicate approximate location so I can find on the piste map.
Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's no better than Chalet Etoile; one of the best meals i've ever had- off of piste number 6 from Plateau Rosa
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Chalet etolie. The best meals I have ever had in the alps.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lino's by the ice rink at the foot of the slopes for great pizzas.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Linos great pizza and great for après.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you ski down to Valtournenche, rather than Cervinia, there's a wonderful restaurant (relatively new) just before the end of the run called the Foyer des Guides. And the run to that location is even more epic than the Ventina to Cervinia.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g736264-d2662370-Reviews-Foyer_des_Guides-Valtournenche_Valle_d_Aosta.html
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Second the vote for Chalet Etoile!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Chalet Etiole all of the way, none better.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
First, thanks to everyone for their advice, in particular Steve Sparks and farlep99. We had decided at dinner last night to return to Cervinia today and we had already eaten at the one place I reliably remembered from previous trips. Getting 5 responses overnight to my post gave us 2 options to pursue (we didn't want to go all the way down to Val Tournanche again, but I'll make a note of your recommendation Comedy Goldsmith, for the future). We had to do two passes in the morning before finding Chalet Etoile (it's between the blue 6 and red 4 and first time around we went down red 6) and made a reservation. Just as well because it was heaving when we returned at lunchtime. I've had some excellent meals on the mountain but this must rank as one of the best. Thanks again. Oh, and the pistes are in great condition with no-one on them.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm jealous! Dying to get back to Zermatt/Cervinia. I think I had a nice 2-hr lunch at Etoile as I didn't want to leave. Great food (and wine)
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just in case you go again and want something different, the lasagne at the top of the second chair up from Plan Maison is the best in the world!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Valtournenche, rather than Cervinia, there's a wonderful restaurant (relatively new)

What a small world - My Ski instructor in Cervinia a couple of years ago was "Walther". He said his family was going to be opening a restaurant on the piste down to Valtournenche. Looks like he did and it's a success Very Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yes ... looks like he and his wife set it up in late spring 2012 ... we ate there in April 2013 ...

http://www.lovingitaly.eu/breuil_cervinia_foyer_des_guides.html

... but it's a bit worrying that the website doesn't seem to be working at the moment. And their Facebook seems to have no activity since August. Maybe someone could check if the wine corks are still popping ...

http://www.foyerdesguides.it/sito/
https://www.facebook.com/ristorantefoyerdesguides
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DCG wrote:
...Oh, and the pistes are in great condition with no-one on them.

Good to hear, hope it's the same in April - I'm off there for a week, and I'll look out for Chalet Etoile as well Smile
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The little restaurant at the top of the 3rd chair up from Plan Maison is very good - where you drop over into Zermatt. It's relatively quiet due to the location, and the view is great too.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy