Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Lessons in Tignes

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I'm a confident skier looking to get a lesson in Tignes to try to rein in my wild technique which I've developed in the last 8 years since I had a lesson!

Can anyone recommend a good school or coach in Tignes (I'm heading out on the 19th Jan).

Thanks

Nango
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I recommend TDC - did a ski clinic with them a few weeks ago, a real focus on technique and very enjoyable. Clinics run in small groups with no more than 6 at a variety of levels/abilities.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi nango, I've used Evolution 2 and been impressed. I think quite a few snowheads have recommended them and their Tripadvisor reviews are positive.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Another vote for TDC, specifically Gavin Lewis
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
TDC or Mountain Masters - both good.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I used ultimate, less serious than the other recommendations I think, more of a 'learn through play' approach, with useful video coaching.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Have used both TDC and ultimate Snowsports and would highly recommend both. Ultimate are a bit cheaper from memory.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Have used TDC and NewGen, both were excellent.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
+1 for Evolution 2 - we've used them for group lessons for the last 5 yrs and they've been excellent
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have used both Evo2 and TDC. Both are excellent. TDC is a bit more expensive but guarantees smaller groups and all instructors are native English speakers. Gavin is absolutely first class and Sarah is fantastic although I am not sure she is working this season. Evo2 instructors are typically French (who would have expected that in a French resort? Very Happy ) but their level of English is not an issue, at least for any I have skied with. In the end I think it comes down to which one best fits your plans regarding timing etc.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sarah can be found here:

http://www.loterrachu.com/about/4552671121

But not doing a lot of teaching as she is busy with the hotel.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Another +1 for Evo2 following a recommendation from sH. Excellent experience.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks very much for all your help guys! I'm sure I'll get sorted with one of those. Fingers crossed for a bit of snow between now and next week! snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
+1 for Ultimate. Really excellent and perhaps cheaper than some of the others for similar quality.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
+ 2 for Ultimate. Booked 2 technical lessons with them last Feb. Simon did lead us astray and introduced us to off piste due to the amazing conditions, but glad he did.

I have also used TDC and NewGen for our kids (about 12/15 weeks ski-ing) and been very pleased with them.

Think it may come down to availability.
latest report
laura1182 wrote:
I recommend TDC - did a ski clinic with them a few weeks ago, a real focus on technique and very enjoyable. Clinics run in small groups with no more than 6 at a variety of levels/abilities.

+1

Brilliant instruction!
ski holidays
+1 for Evo 2. Specifically Stephane, who we skied with twice last year
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy