Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

K2 Burning Luv - Assistance with adjusting the binding please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Greetings

I have a pair of K2 Burning Luvs... had them for a good few years, still use them now and again but (for the last couple of snow trips) have switched to boarding.

I am off in a couple of weeks to Verbier and have offered to lend/sell my skis to a friend... who has larger feet than me.

I couldn't see how to adjust the bindings... I've never had to do it before and can't figure it out...

So we went to the Chill Factor in Manchester to see if they could do it, and also so she could have a test ski...

The ski guy hadn't got a clue how to adjust the bindings either and said that a guide should be on the manufacturers page (MarkerUSA)... but there isn't.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

It's these skis... not the most modern ...

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/K2-Burnin-Luv-160cm-Womens-Girls-Skis-Marker-MOD-11-0-Bindings-FREE-SHIPPED-/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/O~IAAMXQUmFSlr6q/$_35.JPG
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They have Marker bindings which are held on rails to the skis.

You can adjust the back binding with a screwdriver, this will be required for small increases in size, if their boots are significantly larger you will need to take rail off, which means you need to find a little slot right at the bottom and turn it 90 degrees, then you can slide the binding (from memory forwards) to remove it from the ski completely, then you set the spacing for the binding with the little plastic comb in the teeth, the measurements should be marked on there.

There is info on this on the internet, but you need to google the specific name on the bindings, not the name of the ski.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
magic_hat, I have those. I've never done; it myself but it just takes a screwdriver - the shop did it in seconds. What Mistress Panda sounds very familiar. Remember to change the din setting and adjust the forward pressure (sorry - not meaning to teach you to suck eggs)
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers Both!

Have had another look and still can't work it out!

Have uploaded some pics incase i am missing something really obvious (http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/g1189-marker-mod-110-bindings.html)

In this picture particularly, there is a plastic flap that looks like it should flip up or down.. .but no idea how... http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/marker-mod-110-bindings/p30235-img-20140109-111010.html

Am i being dumb, or should i just abandon and take to a shop?!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
magic_hat, If you don't know what you are doing take it to the shop (which is why I don't do it myself!) ...or just hand them over and let your friend sort it. When I buy 2nd hand skis I prefer to see to it myself
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Not identical, but this pic hopefully explains what you are looking for. Once released, the whole binding slides towards the back of the ski - note it may well be fairly stiff the first time, but once done you will find it is much easier to adjust for a while. You need to turn the plate locking mechanism 90 degrees, and then it is all free to slide back and then up and you will see how it works.

snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
magic_hat, from what I can see from your photos (I think you need a new camera wink) your bindings are different from those described above. There's a single screw in the toe binding & two screws in the heel that must be removed to enable the toe/heel pieces to be moved fore/aft on their rails to the next set of predrilled holes. The predrilled holes should be marked with a boot sole length so simply reposition them to the correct boot sole length. Then adjust the forward pressure screw in the rear of the heel (as in the pic above) so that it's face is flush with the outer housing when the boot is installed - but always remove the boot before adjusting the screw. Then set you dins at both the toe & heel.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
at this point we say ignore all previous and listen only to spyderjon, wink...although I'd still take 'em to the shop
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cheers All

Specially spyderjon who hit the nail on the head with the "three screws" explanation.

Unfortunately the screws in question were virtually welded in... have managed to free 3 of them (and adjusted the binding) ... but the other 3 screws are not budging a mm.

Am going to retire before i throw something in anger and take it to a shop to see if we cab get anywhere!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
magic_hat, Use an impact driver on the stuck screws if you have one or holding a soldering iron on the head of the stuck screw for 10-15 seconds will usually free it.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sorted! Cheers (again!)

Impact screwdriver did the trick...

Bindings done... Verbier here we come!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy