Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bansko Weather!! 2014

Poster: A snowHead
Hi Can anyone give any first hand evidence of the snow conditions at the moment in bansko!! How bad is it how busy?? Im going with a group of 15 at the end of the month its not looking good from the reports on various websites!! Any help advice would be great!! Cheers Pete
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'll let you know what my parents find, they are going out this weekend and are there all week.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My Brother returned last sat. he said all the snow is canon made but the skiing is ok. i am going this sat so will update next week
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thats great thx both!!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
To be honest, you're better off checking on http://www.bulgariaski.com and also check the web cams and list of runs / lifts open. Doesn't look great to me.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yeah Pete I'd looked at this was just trying to give myself some hope!! LOL Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Peter999 wrote:
Yeah Pete I'd looked at this was just trying to give myself some hope!! LOL Madeye-Smiley

If they're downbeat on Bulgaria Ski, you're hardly gonna get much positive spin on here!

We were in Borovets a few years ago for new year when there was no snow. From a skiing perspective it was dreadful but we had a good laugh. I think there's more snow making in BG these days so it may not be quite as bad. And there's still time for a miracle!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Does anyone have any news on this aside from online?
Its our first ski trip was a tad worried there will be no snow Sad

I have been told that the tour operator has to take you to somewhere you can ski if there are bad conditions, is this true does anyone know?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Em1986, that all depends on your ski operator and their T&Cs....
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Only need one piste open for them to declare the resort open, I think is the general consensus!!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Looks like they have 4/5 runs open at the moment...
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yeah Em1986 its well and truly open you have no chance of being taken elsewhere!! Has anybody got a live update from somebody who's either out there or just come back ! This would be very helpful!!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
4rron, any update dude!!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Peter999, heard from my parents "we had as much skiing as our knees could take*, just not as much variety as normal".

*you can see where my knee issues come from.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks Guys! Well its my first skiing holiday so as long as I can ski on a mountain I think I will be absolutely fine as I have nothing to compare it to!

Looking back at the snow history and looks like Bansko has a pretty good snow record even compared to Andorra... must be a mild year..
latest report
Em1986, my parents have an apartment out there and since they have had it (Dec 2008 was when we they first got in it), this year is the poorest they have experienced. When do you arrive in resort?
ski holidays
We arrive in resort 1st Feb -- so still got a few weeks for it to snow...
Thanks for the update, I just so hope it gets a bit whiter!
ski holidays
yep definitely loads of time. Fingers crossed for you
ski holidays
We're going to Bansko 22nd Feb and also concerned about lack of snow this year.
I know it has been much better the last 2 years.

A good location to check on conditions and get other information is http://banskoblog.com/ , they also have an app for iOS and Android.
ski holidays
do a twitter search for bansko - it will give you some idea of conditions on the ground. The picture quality of twitter pictures is generally more useful than webcams. It it's your first trip Em1986, you will be fine. Some of my early trips were in much worse conditions than you will have in Bansko.
latest report
Thank you Monkey thats really reassuring, we have only been to the snow dome so I am sure that as long as we can actually ski then we will have a good time!
snow conditions
Just heard "We found some powder snow today. It snow at the top yesterday. Melting by the top of the gondola"

The gondola is the main lift you go up first, you can then get lifts up from that point.
snow conditions
I have just seen a picture on Crystal Ski fb page showing a big dollop of snow last night
latest report
Thanks Guys, I am finding it hard to find any up to date weather information really.. just keeping an eye on twitter and Banskoblog for peoples posts.... Happy
It doesnt look anywhere near as I imagined.. I thought I would be skiing on grass Laughing
snow report
Just back and it was the worst snow there for the last 9 years that I have been visiting the place at this time of year. To be fair they have done marvelous with the small amount of snow they have and the cannons have been very busy. I still managed to wear my little legs out each day and had a fantastic time around town after skiing and into the evening. There are some fantastic bars to go to with good live bands every night. After I left on Saturday morning they opened up red 4 which is one hell of a run down to Shilligarnika. Shame I missed it !

Amazingly the ski road back to town is well covered all the way down and its great fun at the end of every day.
ski holidays
There is some hope:

http://banskoblog.com/2014/01/snow-report-getting-back-on-track/
ski holidays
The weather forecast now looks very promising and looks like there should be some good snow by the time we get there on the 1st Feb (Fingers crossed!)

Dave could you advise were is good to go for Live Bands?
We love live music and would like to head out a few evenings (our hotel is out of the old town a little I believe!)
snow report
Penguins is probably the best in my opinion, The Irish Harp have a great duet sometimes, there is a great guy called lizard who plays at Harrys Bar and some good tunes at Amigos. Which hotel are you going to be staying at ?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thank you for the info Madeye-Smiley
We are staying at the Premier Mountain Resort .. hopefully its not too far out as we would like to have a wander around in the evenings!
latest report
All the action is downhill and round to the left from where you are staying. Easy to get to but a stagger uphill on the way back. Taxi should be about 10 lev ( £4.20 ) but it won't be unless you agree with the driver first. Snow fell there today and more forecast for the weekend. Have Fun !!
latest report
Llew, We are also going on the 22nd of Feb so might see you there! Hopefully they will get some snow this week looking at reports. We will be the people with RomperTossers T-shirts on, say hi if you spot us.
snow conditions
rompertossers wrote:
We will be the people with RomperTossers T-shirts on,

Bansko will be perfect for you. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Okay great to know, how long is the walk roughly?
May walk there and taxi back haha!

Snow is looking much better for next week so I am hoping by the time we arrive on the 2nd Feb more runs will be open .. *everything crossed!*
latest report
This has me absolutely crushed I'm going on Sunday (26) for a week and all I can see from the reports is negativity I pray them blizzards for the next 2 days around the clock! I was told they would have great snow in the end of January by a travel agents, previous reports strongly backed this too, wish I chose the Alps again. Puzzled
snow report
returned on the 18th after a week. sun-tuesday was blue skies and only man made snow, which was good in the morning but deteriorated in the afternoon. this also meant most of the runs were closed. it snowed wednesday on the mountain but rained in the resort. a foot of powder higher up thursday morning but they didn't open any more runs. it was due a load of snow this week. all in all i had a good weeks skiing only slightly let down by doing the same runs constantly.

The live band at the Happy End was really good and on after the lifts close and then some nights much later as well.
latest report
Dave Canski wrote:
Just back and it was the worst snow there for the last 9 years that I have been visiting the place at this time of year. To be fair they have done marvelous with the small amount of snow they have and the cannons have been very busy. I still managed to wear my little legs out each day and had a fantastic time around town after skiing and into the evening. There are some fantastic bars to go to with good live bands every night. After I left on Saturday morning they opened up red 4 which is one hell of a run down to Shilligarnika. Shame I missed it !

Amazingly the ski road back to town is well covered all the way down and its great fun at the end of every day.

I agree completely. the bottom half of the black tomba opened up and was not bad as a change from the standard blue run from the Shilgarnik and back up the Mosta
snow conditions
LAninetyone wrote:
This has me absolutely crushed I'm going on Sunday (26) for a week and all I can see from the reports is negativity I pray them blizzards for the next 2 days around the clock! I was told they would have great snow in the end of January by a travel agents, previous reports strongly backed this too, wish I chose the Alps again. Puzzled

I think you will be fine from the 26th. even if it hasn't improved too much a think they will have opened more runs up. if its still man made snow aim to be first on the slopes and ski until lunchtime as it get icy/packed and turned into a huge mogul field by 2pm
ski holidays
Peter999 wrote:
4rron, any update dude!!

done
latest report
Em1986 wrote:
Thanks Guys, I am finding it hard to find any up to date weather information really.. just keeping an eye on twitter and Banskoblog for peoples posts.... Happy
It doesnt look anywhere near as I imagined.. I thought I would be skiing on grass Laughing

it will be great for a first timer. the blues are all good in the am. and the ski road back to the resort is covered in snow and is almost 10km long!!!
snow report
[/url]
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy