Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best Western Mountain Lodge Fernie

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Everybody

Please can anyone tell me if the above mentioned hotel in Fernie is a good place to stay or should I really be looking to stay in Fernie Alpine Resort.

Also how far is the above mentioned hotel from the slopes and should I hire a car?

Finally are things shaping up for a good season out Canada way?

Thanks all, any info or tips that you can give me on Fernie will be much appreciated, we will be heading out there on the 7th Jan for a couple of weeks.

Can't wait

AlpineBullit
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think it's at the far end of town from the resort. the resort is about 5 miles out of town anyway, so it's a fair way - definitely not ski-in!

there are regular, frequent and reliable buses, but it will take around 30 minutes to get up to the base of the slopes. When we went we stayed in FAR and went to town on the odd evening, friends of our decided to save money and stay i town and said they regretted it - but that may have been partly due to the superb accomodation we rented Wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alpinebullit, like nbt I think it's at the far end of town as well. We stayed in the Park Place Lodge in the centre of Fernie around 6 years ago. I thought it was fine staying in town - it's probably changed a fair bit but it was still fairly undeveloped and had a quiet, local vibe to it. Not too many restaurants or bars at that time though.

The bus trip to the resort used to take us around 15-20 minutes but it would be a little more from the Best Western.

I liked the skiing in Fernie a lot. I think it was their worst season in 85 years when we were there!! It was still pretty good though and we still managed some fresh snow.

Try to get some cat skiing in if you can - the Island Lake Lodge company get booked up years in advance I think, but we managed to find another local operation who had just started up. The owner picked us up in his truck and on the way I asked him what he did the rest of the year. "I hunt bear" was his response. You've got to love Fernie Smile

I used to read this guy's updates for conditions etc:
http://far.redtree.com/cgi-bin/far/index.py

I'm sure you'll have a great time.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy