Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

folgarida hotels....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi all
after some help on folgarida from anybody who's been. I know there's not much of a 'village' as such! but the hotels seem to be grouped (on google maps!) at the base of either the belvedere bubble or the other bubble - we look like we are going to go for the 'Madonna dell nevi' hotel near the belvedere bubble as we like the look of the spa facilities etc! but when I looked on street view google the hotels at the bottom of the other bubble lift look like they at least have a row of shops a pub and café by them, the hotels at the bottom of the belvedere don't even look like there is one single shop or café?! we're not big on après ski so not looking for mega nightlife but want to be able to wander out of the hotel for a hot choc or something at some point! also, can anyone tell me where the ice rink is? we love skating and would want to go, but again I can't seem to work out where it is?!
can anyone advise which 'bubble' its best to be based around? the belvedere or the other one?!!
thanks all!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I can't recall the bubble names, but essentially you have Folgarida 1400 and 1300.

1400 probably offers more in terms of a few shops and more bars. 1300 has the Eta Beta bar/club (right by the lift) which can be fun. Oddly, the only cashpoint machine is in 1300.

There is also a bar/restaurant in 1300 which does fab pizzas and has a pleasant outside area that catches the late pm sun. Again, this is right by the lift in the small shop/ski hire 'centre'.

1300 is really one street with hotels on either side - several of which have bars which are ok by and large.

I've not stayed in 1400, but I thought it looked the livelier of the two places.

Although only 100m separates the two areas in terms of height, walking between them is not really an option unless you like a good schlep. Its about 25 minutes on foot along a road with pavement on one side (that's 25 minutes uphill Laughing )
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mmm ... thanks... might have to rethink the hotel choice then! a go for something at 1300 - shame because from what you're saying the hotel we were going with I think is at 1400 - but I can't see that there is literally ANYTHING there! (unless anyone call tell me otherwise!) cheers
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There's not much at 1300 either!! I personally would go for the 1400 nice hotel option as 1300 is dead at night apart from the Eta Beta bar and that is certainly not 4*.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
cbowls30,
I went to Folgarida with the family about 7 years ago. I don't even remember there being a 1300 and a 1400. That's a bit worrying.

What I do however remember is that we stayed at the Hotel Luna. This is a super hotel with very attentive staff, & a real Italian flavour to it. 5 minute stroll to the gondola. Word of warning would be, think about your food requirements. If you want top notch, unusual & genuinely regional meals for dinner, then you are in the right place. One evening it was something like a 6 or 7 course extraviganza. If you have children (or a spouse) who are only interested in pizza & chips or spag. bol., this is the wrong place.

My 2 (then aged 7 and 14) will eat anything & still vividly remember how much they loved the grub. Others in our party sought hydrogenated chicken based products elsewhere. The pool can be a bit busy, & watch out for "nudy German Guy" in the sauna & steam room!

We went on a trip to the ice rink organised by our operator. We went in a minibus & sory I can't remember how long it took, but it wasn't a walk from our hotel. Again, what I do remember is that at least half the users (& it was busy) were completely drunk. There were dozens of groups of Eastern Europeans with bottles of spirits -both on & off the ice - & it was an extemely unpleasant atmosphere. Now it may have been an unusual one off. From what I could glean from the chap who took us, I understood this was par for the course. This was however 2007 & it may have become much more classy. Check with someone trustworthy at your hotel before you go.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi thanks for the reply, our group has no kids and we have skied and stayed in family owned Italian hotels for the past 3 seasons who have all served amazing local Italian food which we love! Thanks for the tip abut the ice rink, might give that a miss Shocked
Normally we go to lesser known Italian resorts with often very little or no nightlife at all so were not too fussed abut the evenings and are well happy for drinks in the hotel bar and a few card games, so I guess we will be fine!

Cheers
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy