Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sanef Tag Query

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So, got a bit of a strange one. Went to swap the Sanef tag onto my new(er) car and I dont have a mottled area on the windscreen, not one bit. I have a 2008 5 series estate. The old 1 series had a bit round the mirror/sensors.

Before I ask BMW, who probably themselves dont know, has anyone had any particular successes with placement on the same/similar cars without the spotty grey bits of windscreen??
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well the first car I tried to use the telepeage device from I had to take it off the windscreen, from the recommended position behind the rvm, and wave it out of the window. It was the only way I could get it to work. I was later led to believe that some car windscreens have reflective properties all over that impair the signal or render it useless in my case!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My tag did not work on the way out recently, ordered a new one from APRR 22/12 and was delivered direct to my apartment on Christmas Eve! Superb service.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
lampygirl, Check your handbook there may be a diagram of the windscreen showing where to place a tag,
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Some windscreens do have a reflective coating - maybe anti-UV... I had a hire car in southern Spain and my old sat-nav would not work on the windscreen but would work hand-held (by my passenger) with the side window open... which rather negated the air-con rolling eyes

We could be cool but not have any directional guidance or cook but know where we were going!

BMW ought to be able to assist you, assuming the vehicle handbook doesn't cover the subject - you don't really want to attach the holder in the wrong place!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I used mine for the first time at Christmas, we don't have a mottled area either (it's an Audi) and just placed it where the diagram showed it. Worked no problems
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I don't have a spotty bit on my windscreen; my Severn bridge tag (same tech I think) works fine next to the rearview mirror.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My Audi has no such area, and the first trip over it didn't seem to trigger without the waving technique described by CP, . I spoke to Audi and they confirmed there was no metallic layer in the screen. Last time out it seemed to work OK, although the reaction was by no means instant. I certainly wouldn't want to attempt the 30 kph drive through lane.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I never bother sticking mine on, I just hold it up by the rear view mirror when needed.

It has always worked fine on my Jaguar, but on a friend's Zafira it didn't like it unless I waved it out of the window.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy