Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Oxygene or ESF ski schools in La Plagne

Poster: A snowHead
I am interested in good / bad stories about the two ski schools in La Plagne. I am trying to make my choice and don't really have enough information to make a decision. Also is it worth getting the lessons including lift pass for the children (Aged 6) or are the nursery lifts free.

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Used Oxygene a few years ago, both in La Plagne and Val d'Isere, as they were the school of choice for Mark Warner. La Plagne was okay, morning lessons only. But we did get a really good guy from them, I think his name was Fabrice, in Val for one on ones for SP when he was about 8 years old.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We booked about 15 of all ages with Oxygene in LP in Jan. All were very happy and some ecstatic. A family run company. A disabled child in our group was looked after by a British Instructor called Jenny Yates, who was simply magnificent. I think she is at uni this year though. A credit to her profession (and her parents)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
what about "magic in motion" at La Plagne?

La Plagne is quite large, where are you staying?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I learned to ski with Oxygene in La Plagne, as did a couple of friends. Would thoroughly recommend them. Also had a couple of private lessons with them and come on leaps and bounds.

I also know two of the owners family (Bertrand and Julien), as our pal used to run the Hotel Cristina for Mark Warner, and got to know them thru him, and they are thoroughly decent blokes. Like someone above said, they take all Mark Warner's guests for ski school, and have heard nothing but good reports from the guests that have used them
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Used Oxygene in Feb this year. Our group included about a dozen kids - age range: 5 - 12. Some of the kids were fussy little bugs (not ours of course !) but Oxygene gave univeral satisfaction. All of the kids positively enjoyed ski school. We`ve booked Oxygene again for Feb 2006.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Used Oxygene in Feb this year. Our group included about a dozen kids - age range: 5 - 12. Some of the kids were fussy little bugs (not ours of course !) but Oxygene gave univeral satisfaction. All of the kids positively enjoyed ski school. We`ve booked Oxygene again for Feb 2006.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Oxygene is only available in Plagne Centre (according to their website).
I have not tried them. I only have experience of ESF (Montchavin and Belle Plagne) and Evolution 2 (Montchavin).
Talking to ESF instructors I know (and respect) they all say that ESF in general has stopped trying, and is more concerned with quantity than quality. You may well be better off with Oxygene.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Plagne Centre is easily skiable from anywhere in La Plagne for the ski school start times - except from Montchavin/Les Coches and Montalbert. We made it from 1800 with loads of time to spare. This included 2 lifts up, a piste down, and the dreaded pole accross Plagne Centre.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Jonpim wrote:

Mark Warners brochure still has Oxygene as their ski school of choice in Val d'Isere as well, maybe they only 'do' Mark Warner these days in Val Puzzled

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Fri 25-11-05 10:16; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We booked Oxygene in La Plagne for Feb half term last year. Booked in October! Got an email one week before "sorry but double booked, can offer you lessons first thing". We grudgingly accepted only to be messed around. 3 out of 5 mornings the courtesy bus didn't arrive until 15/20 mins late so we missed most of our lessons. Not very apologetic and generally a bad experience all round.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
CP wrote:
Jonpim wrote:

Mark Warners brochure still has Oxygene as their ski school of choice in Val d'Isere as well, maybe they only 'do' Mark Warner these days in Val Puzzled

I think he meant only plagne centre in the la plagne area. There web site sill shows several locations across the alps (or it did yesterday)

aj xx
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks for all the replys, We are going to belle plagne. Based on the majority of good reports Oxygene it is.

Thanks
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
hang on, oxygene is in plagne centre? Search the forum and there is someone at least recommending ESF Belle Plagne iirc? Just thinking for beginners or near beginners it's far easier to have lesson close by...From Belle plange you'd have to go down to bellecote and then up a lift and down again into centre? And it doesn't really look bus-able? No problem for adults with any experience but for small kids/new starters etc - maybe better to stay local?

Just a thought, aj xx
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
So this is a thoroughly ancient thread but I have the exact same question so thought a resurrection was in order. Have things changed in 8 years??

We're going to Belle Plagne in a few weeks' time, and have to decide between ski lessons for two adults.

She is a one week skier (but hasn't skied for a couple of years due to babies), but has done a bit of boarding before then. I am a 3.5 DAY skier (though a pretty decent snowboarder - about 20 trips in 7 years). I have not skied for a couple of years either, but as it's a family holiday and we're not going with friends this time, I thought spending some time with the Mrs learning / improving two planks would be fun.

What would you suggest - ESF / Oxygene? We would probably go for group lessons rather than private.
latest report
Bumping an 8 year old thread but I guess there has only been a few changes Toofy Grin
Oxygene now has 2 bases and runs a bus around all the other altitude villages. Check their website for details.
They do seem to have more mother tongue English Speakers than other schools. They also appear to have smaller group classes.
They were really good last time we used them but that was some time ago.
latest report
Quote:

So this is a thoroughly ancient thread but I have the exact same question so thought a resurrection was in order. Have things changed in 8 years??

yeah, I know... oldest one I've ever bumped on any forum. I even feel a small sense of achievement... Toofy Grin

Anyone else?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy