Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New to Snowboarding - helmet suggestions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello everyone, I've just joined snowheads.
I am going on my first snowboard trip next month which am really looking forward to. I am now collecting snow gear/clothing. I went into a Snow and Rock shop to find goggles (I wear glasses) and am going to buy Bolle Quasar OTG googles (They fitted my glasses better than others i tried) possibly next week. I am thinking of buying a helmet and not renting, because some people have said its more hygenic and besides rented ones could be kicked around or old/damaged. Does anyone know if there are specific helmets to "fit" the goggles I am going to buy? I was told to avoid having a gap between the googles and helmet.
I have looked in Sports Direct (not been Decathlon in Surrey Quays yet) and found a helmet that fitted fine (www.sportsdirect.com/nevica-ski-helmet-mens-407073). What do think about it? Would it make sense to try helmets on with the goggles once I get them?

Any advice welcome. Thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
nattib, Welcome to SH.

Yes take goggles when buying helmet or vise versa.

Have a fantastic time.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
nattib wrote:
I have looked in Sports Direct (not been Decathlon in Surrey Quays yet) and found a helmet that fitted fine (www.sportsdirect.com/nevica-ski-helmet-mens-407073). What do think about it? Would it make sense to try helmets on with the goggles once I get them?

If it passes the safety standards (EN 1077 or ASTM 2040... should be a label on the inside) and fits you and your goggles, it'll be fine.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You are doing it right trying helmets to find the best fitting helmet but as sequoiaboard says take your goggles with to buy the helmet (or helmet to buy the goggles if you get that first) as some pairings don't work too well.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy