Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

GoPro - which one?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm off soon with my new GoPro hero 3 black..however, my helmet has a cloth finish (see http://www.edludlow.co.uk/ski-helmet/1.JPG). I've got the helmet strap mount (http://gopro.com/camera-mounts/head-strap-mount) but not sure how stable it will be. Anyone got any other tips for mounting on a cloth finish?

Do people also reckon the anti fog inserts are necessary?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I got some anti fog inserts but never used them while away this year as not needed. As for the helmet mount I watched a video saying to wrap some tape around the helmet just infront and bedind where the strap goes and that will stop it moving. Cant say Ive tried it as I dont wear a helmet.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Still sussing mine out and trying to familiarise myself with the settings, but the amount of mount options are mind-boggling.
Also need to get a few spare batteries an extending pole mount of some description and a case of some sort.

Joe
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Highly recommend these cases: http://www.amazon.co.uk/SP-Medium-Camera-Storage-Cameras/dp/B00AU0HMGA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390491513&sr=8-1&keywords=sp+pov+case&tag=amz07b-21

Come in different sizes, too.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just picked mine up from Argos, had a little play with it, the wifi remote is fantastic and the iphone remote screen app is even better Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quick suggestion for those who have picked up a gopro in the sales. Get a lens cover, either the cap or see through cover. Most people will have to charge the camera battery in the camera which leaves the lens exposed when not in the housing and it's easily damaged and is not replaceable so mean a new camera.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
yep ansta1, I had that thought too and bought a third party set off ebay. Any thoughts on extra batteries? I've seen the duragadget ones and a set called smatree which has a USB, rather than plug in charger on evil bay.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
joe1978, I would either go for the genuine gopro or the wasabi batteries, not a lot to choose in terms of ultimate performance.

I wouldn't recommend getting eBay specials at all, lots of stories about fake labels and specifications going about around.

And always tether the camera.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There seems to be a shortage of wasabi batteries, I can't find any from UK sellers. Sad
I ordered a tether leash thing from hobbymounts today!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
joe1978, could have saved yourself a few pounds by using a length of the nylon cord from a bathroom light pull cord switch. I tied it onto the metal pin that is the hinge of the backdoor (Gopro recommended anchor point) and the other end went through the vent of the helmet and then tied it to the inside of the helmet strap.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
MogulMonkey wrote:
joe1978, could have saved yourself a few pounds by using a length of the nylon cord from a bathroom light pull cord switch. I tied it onto the metal pin that is the hinge of the backdoor (Gopro recommended anchor point) and the other end went through the vent of the helmet and then tied it to the inside of the helmet strap.

True. I'm sure given time I will embrace the Heath Robinson approach to GoPro ownership, it seems fun in itself!!
Joe
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
joe1978 wrote:
There seems to be a shortage of wasabi batteries, I can't find any from UK sellers. Sad
I ordered a tether leash thing from hobbymounts today!

Thanks Joe, a tether is a great idea. I know of a few customers that have saved their £300+ camera by spending a few £'s on a tether.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hobby Mounts wrote:
.. a tether is a great idea. I know of a few customers that have saved their £300+ camera by spending a few £'s on a tether.

The GoPro 1 & 2 at least both come with a couple of bits of black string intended precisely for that purpose. The Replay cameras come with a fancy retainer for the same purpose. Otherwise, all you need is string, it doesn't have to be branded!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Hobby Mounts wrote:
.. a tether is a great idea. I know of a few customers that have saved their £300+ camera by spending a few £'s on a tether.

The GoPro 1 & 2 at least both come with a couple of bits of black string intended precisely for that purpose. The Replay cameras come with a fancy retainer for the same purpose. Otherwise, all you need is string, it doesn't have to be branded!

I am using a fishing leader, you can pick them up from any tackle shop for around £1. Put a snap swivel at both ends wink

http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/img/products/original/1130942_1.jpg[/img]
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

I am using a fishing leader, you can pick them up from any tackle shop for around £1. Put a snap swivel at both ends

Yep, I also use these from time to time, the only real issue with this is the rattling of the swivel against the case on the audio.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy