Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon X Pro 120

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
so the time has come to move on to a new boot - I have had my current boots for about 15 years and I have moved on from a beginner! (current boots are salomon evolution 8.0 flex 70-80)

I ski mainly on piste in Europe (when I have a week with a large group of family and friends) but ski double diamond, glades and off piste when skiing with "serious" ski friend in North America each year (not saying have 100% confidence on all runs though - she pushes me to do more and would like boots that I can progress with!!!)

So, does anyone have any feedback on these boots and are there any recommendations for boot fitters in the North West - I live in Manchester City Centre.

Thanks for any advice.

Rob
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Graham at Rivington Alpine
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
+1 for Graham at Rivington Alpine, as to what boot, work with him to decide that, selecting boots blind on line based on reviews is not the way to get it right
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Booked in with Graham on Saturday!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi, can anybody tell me what the difference in flex is between the sport and performance (assume that is the term) settings on the Salomon X pro 120 please?. I'm no expert skier ( 8 weeks over 20 years) but the chap in the shop reckons in they are only 100 flex in the sport setting. They felt comfy in the shop but I'm worried about taking a hit when I'm out on the slopes. I ski fairly well on a well groomed piste but always seems to be fighting a battle when the conditions are a bit bumpy.

Many thanks

Red80
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
red80 wrote:
Hi, can anybody tell me what the difference in flex is between the sport and performance (assume that is the term) settings on the Salomon X pro 120 please?. I'm no expert skier ( 8 weeks over 20 years) but the chap in the shop reckons in they are only 100 flex in the sport setting. They felt comfy in the shop but I'm worried about taking a hit when I'm out on the slopes. I ski fairly well on a well groomed piste but always seems to be fighting a battle when the conditions are a bit bumpy.

Many thanks

Red80

I just got a pair of the X-Pro 100 boots. I emailed Solomon and they wait on Sport they are 90 and on Performance they ate 100 flex. 10 difference so maybe the same (or similar) on the 120.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy