Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski carriage

Poster: A snowHead
I've booked to take a ski bag on our easy jet flight to Geneva.
Can you get away with 2 sets in the bag or am I likely to be charged extra at check in?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've never seen the checkin people count the number of skis in a bag, and the outsize luggage folk don't seem to care at all.

You'll almost certainly be fine.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If it's under 20kg you will be OK.Took out two 20kg snowboard bags before Christmas. No interest what was inside at all (Bristol).
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Booking a ski bag with Easyjet gives you an additional 12kg sports equipment bag in addition to your 20g hold allowance so as long as it's not over 12kg your ok - which you'd have seen if you'd looked on their T&C's or done a search as this question has been asked hundreds of times rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
spyderjon, New rules now. 20kg sports equipment plus 20kg hold allowance. Paid for as separate items.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
cad99uk wrote:
spyderjon, New rules now. 20kg sports equipment plus 20kg hold allowance. Paid for as separate items.

Ah, sorry I forgot that. Same response though but just substitute 20kg for 12kg. How hard can it be rolling eyes
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
So I would have got incorrect info if I'd used the search option which brings up posts from the last
8 years (well that's the time I've been using these forums).

many thanks for providing the correct info and offering the advice first upcad99uk,

spyderjon, many thanks for your blunt and incorrect advice Twisted Evil
Ps does it say in the easy jet t & c' that I can put as many skis in one bag as long as
It is below their said weight. I think not Puzzled
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Renry wrote:
So I would have got incorrect info if I'd used the search option which brings up posts from the last
8 years (well that's the time I've been using these forums)....

No you wouldn't have. The first post from a search I did (just using 'Easyjet') was from only two months ago detailed the latest 20kg sports bag limit & if you read through you'll find that it's the weight that's the criteria not what's in the bag.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What about flying British Airways to Geneva, their website said 1 piece of check-in luggage. So I have to pay extra for taking my pair of skis?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Crusader, yep. Should be able to find somewhere as an extra.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Crusader wrote:
What about flying British Airways to Geneva, their website said 1 piece of check-in luggage. So I have to pay extra for taking my pair of skis?

I am just looking to do mine for the BBash, £20 each way if my computation is correct, not sure if boots are part of that "second bag"
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Crusader, 23kgs allowance for your hold baggage, PLUS another 23 kgs allowance for cabin/hand baggage. I'm flying this weekend to Turin with BA with Mrs Skimastaaah, one large "coffin" style bag for two pairs of skis (approx 16 kgs) plus a few pieces of clothing, one decent size bag for ski clothes, other clothes and one pair of ski boots, and we'll be sharing the rest of clothes/ski-boots as carry on baggage. Just contact BA through the "Manage Booking" drop down and inform them that one piece of hold baggage is a large ski bag. As long as it is within their dimensions and weight guidelines you should be fine. Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
In the past Ive had two pairs of skis in one bag but only declared one when booking my hols (friends have don the sale also). Never had a problem at check in (charted flights though) but its years since Ive taken my own skis
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Do you have to in form BA if taking a Ski bag as your hold luggage allowance? as does not say so on website , a lot of people take a ski bag as their one hold luggage bag & fill with clothes ski boots etc & then use the cabin bag for anything left over.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
snowxxx, I don't believe you have to, well I never have anyhow. Never had a problem. When I checked in last week online, I just ticked 1 piece of hold luggage, turned up with the ski bag, and no issues.

At Geneva however there were hot on checking your carry on bag fit in the metal cage. Luckily mine did, however getting it out was not so easy!!!

hth

Jon
snow report
snowxxx, have flown with BA for the last 5 years using the one large ski bag strategy above and never pre-informed them. Never had a problem.

Flying with Swiss this year - free carriage of skis, poles and boots in addition to a 23kg bag of luggage Very Happy
ski holidays
Every time I've flown with easy jet under the old rules, I had 2 sets of skis in my ski bag though was always just on or around the 32 kg limit
snow report
You've paid for a 20kg ski bag, doesn't matter what's in it !
Never had a problem with this......
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy