Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow, sex and suspicious parents -OMG. !!

Poster: A snowHead
1st 3 episodes now on iPlayer

Not sure what / why BBC decided to fund / show this series

I watched episode 1 late the other night merely to see the views of the mountains and it was set in V d'I which is a pretty place.

But OMG !!!

Now I know certain people go skiing for a party, and I know thatbTV show editors like to show the sensational clips but :
This was 5 middle class university kids going on a ski holiday. They could plainly ski so had obviously been before.

Day 1 they trashed, literally, their room in a family chalet apartment block. They were so loud in the small hours that the Gendarmes came out to them, they broke much property, including throwing furniture out of the window of the chalet. They had three of them bouncing up and down in some family's push chair - god knows how that didn't break.
They were stupendously drunk, and skiing in that condition (apart from the day that they spent the whole afternoon in Folie Douce and wer so drunk they couldn't get their skis on so luckily could get a lift down.
Also managed to smash a glass door which cost the poor young student £700, laughed off.

The interesting thing about this series however, is that the mums of 2 of these kids (plus a couple of the mums best friend/grandmother) are also at the resort "spying" on them and all these antics (presumably the kids thought they were in some reality documentary) and each day the parents got to see the appalling behaviour of their offspring. Credit to the parents (at that point at least) because they were horrified at what they saw.

All sounds good. Until the last day when planets meet up with kids.
100% about chnage, and when the parents sits down with their kids all they can say is "l am so proud of you" !!!!!
WTF????

I must be getting seriously old ! How can you be proud of that sort of behaviour ? How can you be so weak as a parent after seeing all the appalling behaviour to other people and other people's property, to then go all gooey, and instead co about how much younlie them and are proud of them
How are people supposed to learn some individual responsibility ?

Be interested in other people's thoughts . Don't think I can bring myself to watch episodes 2 and 3 .
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They get more boring - episode 2 contains perhaps the least "mad for it" insipid piece of wet lettuce ever seen in a "mad for it" TV trope. There's been another thread on it.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yep I agree 100% with you! watched the first episode on BBC3 few weeks ago, like you wanted to see some snow and mountains. I generally like a lot of the beers output but think this is awful waste our our money, and glorifies the behaviour of idiots, if it's on C4 not so bad as they make a commercial decision to fund it. Also gives the idiots who are on it a feeling of kudus when they come home and can brag to people in the pub, " I was on telly" etc
Poor programming and use of our money. Mad
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
sev112, In view of the fact that it was set in a ski resort and against my better judgement I watched it as well, unbelievable! One of the mothers struck me as an airhead but the other one seemed sensible but then as you say it was all hugs and and smiles at the end? Annoys me that my licence fee goes to funding this crap, leave it for Chav TV to waste their revenue on? Mad
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think they were acting up for the cameras. I must say though, it made me question the youth of today. Put me off Val D'Isere too, I thought it was a nice 'posh' resort??
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Pretty tame behaviour compared to Sun, Sex and Suspicious Parents to be honest. Looks pretty much like any uni ski trip

JLB wrote:
I think they were acting up for the cameras.

You don't say...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
bobmcstuff wrote:
Pretty tame behaviour compared to Sun, Sex and Suspicious Parents to be honest. Looks pretty much like any uni ski trip

JLB wrote:

You don't say...

No need for the sarcasm. Not sure anyone from my uni deliberately smashed up their hotel room on a social - mind you the Balliol entrance interview usually screens those types out.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm in VT each year 1st / 2nd week december and it is full of University trips. Last year Loughborough, this year Liverpool and others.

Never seen really bad behaviour. Most look a credit to their parents. Evenings can be high spirited and loud but nothing like 'dutch week' in April.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Interesting to read that you've a name for the Dutch holidays. We had a group come to our apartment in early 2013. Without a doubt the rudest and worst group we have ever catered for (not saying this is true of all Dutch of course). Just an observation. Mad
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yeah, I wouldn't take it too seriously. I know for a fact that at least one episode of Sun, Sex and suspicious parents was a complete fraud. The lad on the show, a wannabe actor, knew his parents were watching. In fact, he had to persuade the Mother to be on the show.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Doesn't surprise me. Most entertainment shows nowadays are completely or at least partially faked. Dismal TV.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
JLB
Quote:
mind you the Balliol entrance interview usually screens those types out.

Becuz Balliol obv has hiyer standards ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullingdon_Club
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It would actually be a more interesting programme, if they would put more focus on the skiing and mountain scenery, rather than mostly drinking! rolling eyes
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
RichardB wrote:
It would actually be a more interesting programme, if they would put more focus on the skiing and mountain scenery, rather than mostly drinking! rolling eyes

I think the clue is in the title of the show. If you want skiing and mountain scenery I'm sure there are many other shows where you can get a hard on about the mountains.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Kelsey wrote:
Interesting to read that you've a name for the Dutch holidays. We had a group come to our apartment in early 2013. Without a doubt the rudest and worst group we have ever catered for (not saying this is true of all Dutch of course). Just an observation. Mad

Val Thorens tourist board actually call that week 'Dutch Week'. I think it is the celebration around the monarch's official birthday - i'm sure someone will correct me.

imho the dutch are very pleasant but make more loads more noise, drink much more and party harder than any university week I have seen. I haven't any experience of renting to Dutch people so can't say how they would treat the apartment.
latest report
LFD management leapt on a marketing opportunity at the first sniff of a film crew. 'A wealthy guest spent £15k on champagne to celebrate northern lads 21st'. As if.... rolling eyes I winced every time Northern Mum mention how Gorgeous Northern Son was.
snow report
I'm sure a certain Dutch SH will be Long shortly to point out how Dutch are actually every chalet companies preferred guests
snow report
Boris wrote:
I'm sure a certain Dutch SH will be Long shortly to point out how Dutch are actually every chalet companies preferred guests

I didn't mean to generalise. Just that we had a really bad experience with a group of Dutch guests who rented our apartment through homelidays. They caused over €1,200 worth of damage and had a very poor attitude when confronted.
snow report
Kelsey, appreciate that, was more having a dig at Stanton to whom nothing about cloggies is bad and any story or facts about it are made up by the CIA or something like that
ski holidays
Boris wrote:
Kelsey, appreciate that, was more having a dig at Stanton to whom nothing about cloggies is bad and any story or facts about it are made up by the CIA or something like that

Ahh I see. Didnt want to come across as generalising as it is the only experience I have had with them Smile
latest report
Maybe the show's producers got the format wrong.

The kids should be spying on what their Parents get up to when they escape from their kids for a week in the Alps. Laughing

Maturing offspring can be very judgemental where their parents potential for embarrassing behaviour is concerned.

Isn't Payback great... Toofy Grin
snow report
There is a theory that the Dutch (plus those from several other countries) speak English when they are drunk on holiday. Because (a) it its easier than their own language; and, (b) the locals will think they are English so the UK, as a nation, gets the blame.
snow report
Adrian, I'm sure soemone wil refute that Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Mollerski wrote:
LFD management leapt on a marketing opportunity at the first sniff of a film crew. 'A wealthy guest spent £15k on champagne to celebrate northern lads 21st'. As if.... rolling eyes I winced every time Northern Mum mention how Gorgeous Northern Son was.

I thought the main character was totally embarrassed by the whole thing, so don't think he was in on it.
Personally I think his job opportunities are going to be minimal given the reach of the interned thes days
ski holidays
Such an awful, cringey programme!! I too watched it as there was snow in the title but I should have known BBC3...! The 15k folie douce thing amused me, but the trashing of the apartment I thought was pretty shocking. I've gotten pretty hammered in my Uni days (and maybe beyond) but I've never been to the point of literally smashing stuff up and black out. Am I really naiive here?!? Puzzled probably.....!
latest report
Most of my guests are Dutch. Touch wood they have all been fantastic. .even groups of young adults
ski holidays
JLB wrote:
bobmcstuff wrote:

JLB wrote:

You don't say...

No need for the sarcasm. Not sure anyone from my uni deliberately smashed up their hotel room on a social - mind you the Balliol entrance interview usually screens those types out.

They don't need cameras to do that. Anybody remember the story from last year (or possibly the year before) about the Manchester Uni Snow Club rioting on the cross channel ferry?
ski holidays
Adrian, I once hung out with a group of Dutch guys in France, surfing. They partied hard, and sang English football songs, telling me that everyone thought that they were English.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The kids are at Uni. They are adults. Surely they should be responsible for themselves? I might like to know what my 22 year old is doing away from home, and hope she keeps in touch and tells me what she wants to but I do not seek to control or censure her behaviour at her age. I did that when she was young and you just have to trust them when they leave home to be mostly sensible. It beats me how this sort of thing makes TV...it's just rubbish.
How many of you have told your own parents everything you get up to now/got up to in your misspent youth? And would you want it on TV?
We had damage done in our apartment but I don't think it was a product of the nationality of the occupants - it was red wine,(everywhere!) stupidity and ignorance. Now we only let to families.
latest report
snowyowl wrote:
...It beats me how this sort of thing makes TV...it's just rubbish...

^^ Ultimately, we get the media we deserve I'm afraid rolling eyes
ski holidays
Might I just state that as a university student myself, we're not all idiotic wastes of space. It depresses me how many are, however. Something that massively annoys me is the ridiculous obsession that people seem to have with drinking, it's absolutely absurd. Why do people think it's cool to get mind blowing drunk and act like an uneducated moron? rolling eyes
snow report
rasmanisar, I don't have a problem with anyone getting drunk and acting like a moron - uni student or not! Some of us were students once and I did my share of partying, and stuff since then that might make your eyes water....I do have a problem with it being broadcast and thereby extenuated by TV programme makers.
God - am I grumpy today!? Twisted Evil
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy