Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Touring round the alps Feb/Mar

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ok guys, so I have this mad idea of spending 5 weeks driving to a different ski area each week and so far I have booked the first week in 3 Valleys (1st- 8th Feb) and the last week in Morzine. (2 -9 March). Can anyone give me any advice for the in-between weeks? Don't mind where we go but looking to keep costs as low as possible so I need to find accommodation close to but not in the resorts. I originally planned to spend the 5 weeks in one place but I think it now makes sense to get around a bit, albeit its going to cost more. Has anyone done similar, any advice will be greatly appreciated !!
Thanks Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
deejaybee, I did a similar thing a few years back. Started with a week's work in Zell am See, then did a few days in Saalbach, day in Kitzbuhel, day in Davos, met up with friends in Saas Grund for a few days, did a few days in Zermatt and then landed at the EoSB in Val Thorens.

The only place I struggled to find cheap accommodation (other than Val T) was in Davos. I didn't book ahead up to that point, but the thought of spending a night in the car or paying £100 for a room made me think again! Saas Grund was a cheap place for Saas Fee and Tasch was cheap for Zermatt. Zell, Saalbach & Kitz were all cheap.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
deejaybee, You could stay in Bourg-Saint-Maurice and ski Les Arcs, Tignes and Val d'Isère.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Two suggestions:

- one is to buy a ski a la carte pass. You won't want to ski all day every day for 5 weeks and this little pass lets you ski a variety of resorts with discounts on certain days etc etc. http://www.skialacarte.fr/en

- second suggestion is to decide now what you are doing for half term week (15-22nd Feb). This week will be really busy both accom wise, traffic at the weekends and on the slopes. So, if you are thinking of having a few rest days, trying some of the tiny resorts or doing a city visit or something different this is the week to do it!

Happy planning - sounds amazing!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Snow and Sunshine wrote:
You won't want to ski all day every day for 5 weeks

Why ever not? When I went for 4 weeks I skied every day pretty much from 1st lift to last. If I was moving resorts I then drove to the new one of an evening.

Good advice about getting half term week sorted
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
For cheap self catering accommodation look at Interhome. They rent out in many areas and each Saturday much of the accommodation that hasn't been booked for the following week is reduced. This means that at the moment you can get something reduced from Saturday 11th January. Standards are very variable, anything from tiny 13m2 boxes to lux chalets but we have used them for over 30 years and had some excellent deals. Off peak you can book less than a week.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Great replies, thank you all, particularly the ski al a carte and half term advice. Cant wait to get going Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snow and Sunshine,
Hi snow and sunshine. Just want to thank you for your advice about the Ski a la Carte pass. Bought one for 15 euros (special offer, Grand Massiff) and it's been brilliant for our 5 week trip. Used it at Les Arcs, grand Massiff, Alpe D'Huez, Serre Che and next week will be La Plagne. Well worth having, great discounts and I love the 4th day for 1 euro. Pity. PDS and 3 Valleys don't subscribe yet! I def recommend it, thanks again
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mogulski,
Now I want to thank mogulski for the Interhome recommendation. Great last minute deals have kept our trip on budget. Happy days Smile
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Glad you're having a good time deejaybee, - La Plagne conditions are beautiful this week so you're in for a treat!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy