Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is it possible to replace goggle lenses?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
OH managed to squish his goggles between him and an icy piste in Glenshee last year. They're Italian and he likes the but not expensive.

Outer lens has crack the whole way down. Inner appears unmarked. Outer lens is easily removable but can't see anywhere selling the appropriate bit using Google in French and English.

Given ease of removal it would seem likely that replacement should be possible but I don't want to waste precious luggage allowance on something useless if replacement lenses aren't available in resort. Replacement (they are the low light pair) will be obtained in resort if necessary. The shape of these goggles is allegedly better than the other darker pair hence being keen to repair the things rather than bin and replace.

Advice appreciated- if it's not possible to replace then at least I've asked people with more knowledge than me.

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Going back many years I had a pair of Carrera goggles and despite a big effort never managed to locate a spare lens. I subsequently some Oakleys where replacement lenses are widely available.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Randomsabreur, what make are they? The lens won't be available off the shelf in resort but you should be able to order it from a dealer if it's still in production. I've done this with Uvex goggles. Make sure you go to the shop on your first day though, as the first question you'll be asked is how long you're in resort. The part will come through the post to them - they don't want to be stuck with it if you've already gone home!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
They're Briko goggles. Only out for a week so suspect it's a non starter. Is it possible to buy the wretched things on line. They're about 5 years old so may not be in production. Typically we're off to an area where my French is not that useful! Looking forward to the Dolomites despite my lack of a relevant language
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Randomsabreur, looked at lens replacement for some dragon goggles but it was cheaper to get some new goggles in the end.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You could always try writing to the manufacturer and hope they take pity on you - I did this with Uvex and they sent me two sets of spare lenses. That was 10 years ago, and I'm still using the lenses the sent...so possibly they'll have decided it doesn't make economic sense by now (although I am about to replace my goggles and keen to go for Uvex again!).
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=briko+goggles

?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Unless buying goggles with a flash name attached then they are now cheaper than chips and v unlikely to be worth trying to replace the lenses.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy