Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

PAYG Sim for Canada, Phone and/or Data dongle

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anybody know the best deal for using unlocked phones and data dongles in Canada please, so I can call home and read the mail with Snow Heads?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sorry don't know

But google these companies:
wind, virgin, telus, bell and rogers
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dunno, although you can pick up a SIM here if your phone's sensible. My own phone works here but would be obviously stupidly expensive, so I just use free WiFi and Skype (use Skype out for ordinary phones).. you can get free WiFi just about anywhere and everywhere...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
DrLawn, Walmart Canada with their prepay smart talk hotspot unit will give you data and skype calls. If you want a phone as well then they have cheap handsets or you could bring an unlocked phone and buy a smart-talk sim.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think you want 7 11 sim and pay as you go

http://www.speakout7eleven.ca/why-prepaid-phones/travelling-to-canada
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
http://prepaidwithdata.wikia.com/wiki/Canada
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks Guys!

Hi Masque, You old Ice road Trucker! ... I thought you'd know .. so I'll look into Walmart, we've got to go to Cosco's as well to get some cheaper lift tickets.

And a big Hi! to gryphea, ... looks like we may end up going to your local 7/11 where we can at least get a Sim for the un locked phones.

We're off to Kicking Horse next Wednesday via Calgary & Banff
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
DrLawn,

Sounds like fun. KH is a good place to be!

Looks like you'll get good snow:
http://www.theweathernetwork.com/14-day-weather-trend/canada/british-columbia/golden

off to Fernie ourselves this weekend...........
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I got myself a pre pay sim in Calgary 7-11 in January ... stuck it in an unlocked phone,
I didn't turn it on till I got to BC where I was going to be using it ...
and it didn't work ... pissed off.

I'm going again tomorrow perhaps luckier this time.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I bought a Virgin Mobile pre-pay SIM in BC in August, worked well with good coverage. Main problem was that they would not take a non Canadian credit card for a top up, but you can buy top up vouchers with codes in the 7-11 etc

Rogers do some good PAYG plans, but the account is more of a pain to setup and the SIMs are more difficult to get hold of
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@DrLawn, They do seem to have a very funny way of charging over there as PAYG is not really the same as over here. They also, as they, like USA, charge you to receive calls too. Daughter has to visit a Telus shop to actually make any sense out of it and get something working - even though this will be the 3rd year she has been there ! However, the locals ought to know and steer you properly.

Note you can use any unlocked 4 band phone over there by putting a local sim in.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy