Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Staying in Plagne 1800.Full Paradiski pass?

Poster: A snowHead
Finally booked for two weeks time ,mini SB and me.

We are staying in Plagne 1800. LP, as I remember seems to have a huge number of cruisey blues and few long reds or blacks. We do like to put the miles in. Is it worth getting the full area pass or is the Vanoise Express too much of a faff to use on a daily basis and having never skied in les Arcs, is it worth the trip/time/extra money?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nope in 2 weks time 6 days in La Plagne will be plenty but one should experience the Vanoise Express so buy a Decouverte Pass that includes the icy wastelands of Les Arcs for a day. snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sequoiaboard, get the full pass for the whole week then you can go where you like when you like without worrying about it.

Best piste skiing (IMV) is above Les Coches and over the VE in P-Vallandry where the reds are to die for
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It sounds like you're not that familiar with La Plagne. The Decouverte is a good idea, and some of the best runs in Les ARcs are over by Peissy Vallendry, the reds through the trees are fun. TBH, La Plagne has enough to keep you busy for a week, especially if the snow is good enough to get down to Montchavin & Montalbert which it should be in two weeks time.

A couple of points for you:

- In 1800 you are just by Le Petit Chaperon Rouge (Little Red Riding Hood) - one of the best restaurants on the slopes
- Don't ignore La Roche, run down is really great and very often completely empty
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Full area pass, the decouverte is a recipe for dissapointment and pick-the-perfect-day stress. Plus Les Arcs side is better Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
We went in April to 1800 and bought the full pass because I'd recently been to the Three Valleys and made a lot of use out of a full area pass and assumed without really thinking that the same would apply to Paradiski.

Unfortunately we wasted our money as we didn't leave the La Plagne side at all! Part of that was needing to be back to pick up our oldest from ski school at lunchtime each day and it's quite a trek from 1800 to/from the Vanoise, but even so there was more than enough to do - as it was we felt we'd barely scratched the surface of the La Plagne side.

Disclaimer - we're on the beginner side of intermediate - obviously it may be different if you're very experienced and get around faster/need more challenges! But La Plagne was more than enough for us.

Have a great time!!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Discovery pass gives you 1 day in Les Arc. Plenty for us last year and what I'll buy again on Saturday.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

so buy a Decouverte Pass that includes an escape from the icy wastelands of La Plagne for a day.

boredsurfin, FIFY wink

Seriously - I don't think you'll need the full pass
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ham wrote:
It sounds like you're not that familiar with La Plagne. The Decouverte is a good idea, and some of the best runs in Les ARcs are over by Peissy Vallendry, the reds through the trees are fun. TBH, La Plagne has enough to keep you busy for a week, especially if the snow is good enough to get down to Montchavin & Montalbert which it should be in two weeks time.

- In 1800 you are just by Le Petit Chaperon Rouge (Little Red Riding Hood) - one of the best restaurants on the slopes
- Don't ignore La Roche, run down is really great and very often completely empty
l
An update for you, Sadly Le Petit Chaperon Rouge has changed hands and has a new very different to the former menu. Skullie
The run down to La Roche is now very busy since the removal of the Coqs chairlift Skullie Skullie
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
sequoiaboard, I agree with boredsurfin, sparklies, Snow Hound and Boris: just get the Decouverte pass.
The full Paradiski pass is really only worth it if you are there for the whole season, or staying in Montchavin/Les Coches.
For six days, La Plagne is easily enough with a trip to Les Arcs "just because its there".
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
sequoiaboard, if you like putting in the miles it would be a shame not to go to the Aiguille Rouge and back at least once. The view from the top is fantastic, even for the Alps and the VE is pretty impressive, too. I suppose it depends on miniSB?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
agw, agree the view is fantastic, but it's a heck of trip over from Peisey and unless you're on the first lift over to Peisey and ski like a loon between connecting lifts, you may well end up in a long queue to get to the top station.

Add to that the weather may well close the lift and you can hardly describe the very top section down as cruisy - ice and bumpy usually IME.

Stick to the trees about Peisey - is lovely skiing and always quiet as everyone heads over to the Arc bowl
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
boredsurfin wrote:
Ham wrote:

l
An update for you, Sadly Le Petit Chaperon Rouge has changed hands and has a new very different to the former menu. Skullie
The run down to La Roche is now very busy since the removal of the Coqs chairlift Skullie Skullie

OH ********* that's very very disappointing, didn't make it down to either last week. Hope the one above Soleil is still worth going to.

Bergerie du Raphael in Vallandry is still worth a pilgrimage (was there last week - oysters and a glass of chablis, 15E) despite its amusing off piste entrance section. Ah. Paradiski needed for that Wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thankyou everyone for your replies, much appreciated. Have been to LP twice some years ago but have a memory like a sieve, Embarassed

agw wrote:
sequoiaboard,. I suppose it depends on miniSB?

^ That made her laugh at me...she's done two seasons in VT. Despite my protests that she can't possibly be right, she finally knows for sure that I can't keep up with her.

Probably get the pass for one day in Les Arcs depending on conditions and weather.

As we are on a not unlimited budget (and don't want to embarrass ourselves by stuffing our pockets everyday at breakfast in the chalet) any ideas for reasonably priced eating out on the mountain or in the villages for lunch?

Thanks everyone.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Stayed in les Coches last year, hardly bothered with LP side, Les arcs is far better area for challenging runs
snow report
sequoiaboard, most of the altitude restaurants are of a piece price wise, there are a few more economical places off the piste in in the centres, Bellecote (a creperie just in the centre, La Ferme, others), Plagne Centre (shedloads) for the best value (although Montchaving has some places, too - I don't know them well)

If you want to treat yourselves, Carlina on the piste into Bellecote is very very swank, excellent food, and the same cost as a restaurant d'altitude.
latest report
sequoiaboard, do not be embarassed at all about "stuffing your pockets at breakfast".
It is the sensible thing to do, and most of us do it all the time.
After all: if you were going on a walking holiday you would probably take a pic-nic for each trek.
Same on the slopes.
I take a sandwich, some dried fruit, some chocolate, a fruisli bar (or similar), and thermos of mint tea with honey,
Time i think for a thread on best pic-nic stops . . . Puzzled
ski holidays
boredsurfin wrote:

An update for you, Sadly Le Petit Chaperon Rouge has changed hands and has a new very different to the former menu. :

Nooooo that's sad, it was one of my favourite places Sad. Hope the one at the top of the 1800 lift is still the same? Aux Bon Vieux Temps? Amazing views and the best raclette I'd had in three seasons!! What about Le Refuge in Plagne Centre?

I'm really missing my winter season!!
snow report
sequoiaboard, Decouverte pass is good option. But better if you are on the other side of Vanoise wink
snow conditions
marmotte16, +1 wink
latest report
marmotte16, Laughing you've hit the nail on the noggin there
ski holidays
chaletgirl, Au Bon Vieux Temps is still there and under same management.
ski holidays
Quote:

a long queue to get to the top station.

even in mid-January?
snow report
pam w, I've experienced a long queue there twice, in early April. Wouldn't be bothered again.
snow report
Thanks again for everyone's input. I think that we'll just get the Decouverte pass.

TBH would have rather booked somewhere other than LP but my favourite niece is working the season in P1800 and miniSB has several friends also working there. But hey, we're going skiing Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy