Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What's in your hip flask?

Poster: A snowHead
Kaiser846, she likes after eights! I prefer it is a shot glass, myself

Whisky Mac here as well, although I've just remembered I'm tasked to get some cider brandy for the next trip
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Flying Gooseberry wrote:
Whisky and ginger wine aka Whisky Mac. Usually half and half but slightly more ginger wine in the skiing mix, as it's weaker but warmer. Mmm.

you should try jack daniels and ginger wine, lovely late night drink but probably not one for a hip flask.

never taken a hip flask but have an unused one for 20+ years - best man gift- Mrs M suggested loading it with amaretto for next weeks venture - to enhance the hot chocolates Toofy Grin
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I carried mine around for a whole week full of whisky and didn't drink a drop of it Shocked

My favourite is sloe gin though, mmmmm.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
HoneyBunny wrote:

My favourite is sloe gin though, mmmmm.

HoneyBunny, I'm with you - my hip flask contains my very own homemade sloe gin. Beautiful!!!!!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A wee swig of genepi on a cold lift hits the spot for me. Yum.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Back in the day it was Highland Park or Scapa. Don't tend to carry one nowadays.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
a.j. wrote:
Seriously? And I thought I had a sweet tooth. Honey JD or Morgans Spiced rum here, although we rarely actually touch it nowadays.

This is exactly my sort of hip flask..... Love it!!!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Everyone should try Glayva in their hippie....heaven on earth!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I used to do windsurfing expeditions to waterside pubs and that made it very clear indeed how much damage even a small amount of alcohol does to coordination and balance. I don't drink then ski. The other way around is another matter.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Jagermeister or hot chocolate wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
This year will be Seville orange gin or rhubarb vodka Very Happy

Only for end of day swig at foot of slopes to thank the slopes for another brilliant day Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Damson Vodka
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Do most people carry a hip flask? I've never bothered. Quite like the idea of a little nip on the lifts but then also I'm a bit of a lightweight and that would def impair my skiing I think.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Patron XO Coffee Tequila, yum Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I think it's just a traditional item Smile Between our group of 16 I think we only have 2 and they are mostly for comedy value not actual use.
ski holidays
Nothing last week as I left it on my bed in England ... with my helmet and wrist watch Embarassed
latest report
I have filled mine up on various occasions with Whiskey Mac, Port & Brandy, home made sloe or blackberry vodka, Cognac or a single malt. Nowadays I just fill the hydration bladder with water and leave the drinking 'till when I get back. (Boring I know)
snow report
Me too for the damson vodka, made by yours' truly, with an added vanilla pod (I once made some with chilli - ouch!).
ski holidays
Kaiser846 wrote:
I like port and brandy or straight pastis.

Missus likes baileys and crème de menthe together, weird!

Noo! Totally not weird, it's epic! Tastes like after eight mints. Omm nomm! I have only had this as a 2 layer shot (aka: rocket fuel) but may have to try this in a hip flask.

I'm usually a spiced rum kinda girl, but sloe gin, amaretto, toffee vodka, jaeger are also winners. Love the idea of ginger something but don't really like whiskey....

Generally prefer a tall cold beer at the end of the day. I worry about the not being able to put skis on position!
snow report
The Kings Ginger or the suchlike name (as I recall purchased from Berry Bros and Rudd in st James) - not that I often take a hip flask skiing - but I was introduced to it in the UK on a very cold frosty morning out on the river doing a spot of tree clearance. Probably not that much difference from a whisky mac.
ski holidays
FiFi_Trixibell wrote:
Kaiser846 wrote:
I like port and brandy or straight pastis.

Missus likes baileys and crème de menthe together, weird!

Noo! Totally not weird, it's epic! Tastes like after eight mints. Omm nomm! I have only had this as a 2 layer shot (aka: rocket fuel) but may have to try this in a hip flask.

I'm usually a spiced rum kinda girl, but sloe gin, amaretto, toffee vodka, jaeger are also winners. Love the idea of ginger something but don't really like whiskey....

Generally prefer a tall cold beer at the end of the day. I worry about the not being able to put skis on position!

the 2 layer shot is indeed called an After Eight. we have the makings set up ready for next weekend. Rocket Fuel, I thought, is a B52
snow report
Whoops - I appear to be misinformed! My brother always told me it was called Rocket Fuel tho never found it on a bar menu anywhere.....

Tastes goooooood anyway Very Happy
ski holidays
Google suggested it was called 'poo-poo in the grass'
ski holidays
Home made rhubarb and ginger vodka
latest report
Bowmore or Jura Superstition depending on which is open at the time. Both go splendidly with hot chocolate.
snow report
Rusty nail. for those wondering what this is, it's a 50/50 mix of single malt and drambuie although i have used glayva as well. beautifully smooth, sweet and warming.
ski holidays
Mine will contain home made sloe gin - well it will once I've purchased a hip flask Very Happy
snow conditions
Dark rum on the left hip, scotch on the right. Got to make a proper offering to Skadi and Ullr Twisted Evil
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Baileys mixed with Jamesons irish whiskey - yum yum Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Jaeger, just to give a little kick down the mountain.
snow report
As an antidote to the mild abuse I'm getting on another thread for the sin of carrying a hip flask I thought I'd revive this thread to see if anyone has any good, new creations. In addition to my usual stalwarts of sloe gin, orange whisky, Christmas pudding vodka, I have recently brewed up some Raspberry gin (outstanding!!) and some Beetroot and Horseradish Vodka (somehwat unexpected, but surprisingly good).

Anyone else have anything new?
ski holidays
Whiskey Mac for me
latest report
Usually just Stroh 38 or Stroh 40 for me.
snow report
Hells Bells wrote:
Google suggested it was called 'poo-poo in the grass'

I know this post's from two years ago, but I always knew it as an After-Eight until I asked for one in Chambre Neuf in Chamonix and the barmaid looked at me and said "you mean a poo-poo on the grass?".

Hip flask for me is filled with rum, mostly to go in hot chocolates when we stop in the late morning.
latest report
Port in the left one, Brandy in the right one.
snow conditions
shouldn't it be starboard in the right one Toofy Grin
latest report
Tend not to carry one when skiing. However, when watching the mighty Wasps or at Twickenham I normally have a malt or Irish in my hip flask.
ski holidays
gazzaredcruiser wrote:
shouldn't it be starboard in the right one Toofy Grin
Very Happy
latest report
@ansta1, I thank you,
latest report
@blue, +1 for Sloe Gin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy