Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Criticise my new set-up…..

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I’m after a one-set-up does everything ok (it’ll never do everything well but I can’t afford a quiver). My old Lange Comp 120s are dying (circa 2004) and I’ve been renting skis as my, now old-school, skis are quite hard work.
What I intend buying:
Rossignol Soul 7 (Awesome reviews, light for touring, liked the S3. Maybe Scott Venture but a lot more money. Something 95-105 and lively. No metal sheeted damp charger, my legs aren’t strong enough) I shall be testing skis, just wanted opinions…..
Marker Tour F12 (Guardian and Duke/Baron seem too heavy, not bothered about the taking ski off to transition – I do anyway – and I have had Dynafiddles and don’t really want them on a one ski quiver)
Scarpa Freedom SL (One boot to rule them all? – If I can track a pair down)
Usage:
It needs to do everything from being fun on piste, rip the “steep and deep” to skiing Tower Gully without me soiling myself.
Me:
Three seasons under my belt in the dim and distant past, 80+ weeks skied; still fit but my desk bound legs don’t have the strength of the dim and distant past. 6ft and 13.5st.
I can happily carve the Ventures (i.e. a mid 90 width ski) on blues and mellow reds, like skiing everywhere, not bothered about the park but like drop-offs, have just got he Ben Nevis guide of am over-psyched for the Nevis gullies, only Number 4 ticked so far (skied on my current set up of Matrixs, Comforts and old school Beta-rides – surely anything will be a step up?)
Any thoughts?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's rubbish.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
galpinos, looks good to me. I've have some new marker f12 and they work great on the down, haven't skinned in them yet. I have the meastral RS and love them. I put the markers on some k2 Hardsides which are just light enough to tour with and have worked really well for me, in the last ten days of powder, crud, and hard pack. I might have gone for s7 but got a good deal on the k2.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Frosty the Snowman, Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers Frosty...... Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have new soul 7s. I have only been able to ski on them for a week, and there was no powder (tho one can take it as read that they would perform in that). They carved on piste far better than one would expect from such width. I think they would be too light for very high speed carving, but they certainly work at plain high speed and on very hard snow. The good thing about the skis is that they are fun, predictable and easy to use at varying speeds. Unlike stiffer all-mountain skis, they are not hooky when going slowly.

The one thing that they did not like was frozen, solid crud - they are just too light for it - but who likes skiing on that anyway? They were fine once the crud had softened up in the sun.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
soul 7's are much fun, also had the s3's which ski very short the 7's not so much and will do a great 1 ski quiver, the f12's are a fine option as well if you don't want the extra beef of dukes for jumps, this is a nice set up you wont be sad if you are send them to me I will use them Smile

No idea on the boots but bootfitting should always be based on what suits your feet first and reviews way last
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
galpinos wrote:

Scarpa Freedom SL (One boot to rule them all? – If I can track a pair down)

Any thoughts?

How do you know if the Scarpa Freedom is for you if you havn't tried a pair on?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Frosty the Snowman, Beat me to it Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

How do you know if the Scarpa Freedom is for you if you havn't tried a pair on?

I don't. I know my foot shape and I have had the last of the Freedom described to me by a bootfitter so i have an idea that it might fit.

I'll be going to a bootfitter that stocks the Freedom, as well as other similar "freetouring" boots, and will see what fits. I I end up in some Cochise, Pinnacles or Factors, I'm not that bothered.

I added the boots as it ives an idea of what kind of overall do everthing set up I'm after.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy