Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Deux Alpes and La Grave

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
From a mixture of old probably out of date posts/web sites mixed with newer ones in rather unclear franglais I can't work out if La Grave is included if you have a 6 day Deux Alpes pass. Anyone know?

Can you hire guides in Deux Alpes for La Grave and any idea how much for one day?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Posidrive, You don't get free access like you used to, you do get a reduction though. I'm not sure how much it works out though. I think guides are fairly standard rates European Ski School also run day trips which work out cheaper http://www.europeanskischool.eu/en/day-trips-to-la-grave.html
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Claude B wrote:
Posidrive, You don't get free access like you used to, you do get a reduction though. I'm not sure how much it works out though. I think guides are fairly standard rates European Ski School also run day trips which work out cheaper http://www.europeanskischool.eu/en/day-trips-to-la-grave.html

Thanks.

Was also thinking of visiting Alpe D'Huez for a day or so which appears to definitely be included. Helicopter sounds cool but possible too weather dependent and the shuttle bus may be a scramble to book so any idea of taxi costs between Deux Alpes and Huez?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Posidrive, Don't know I'm afraid. The bus runs two days a week I think so if you book when you arrive it should be OK. When are you there?

Taxi to Auris would be cheapest, it's the nearest link into Alpe D'Huez.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Claude B wrote:
Posidrive, Don't know I'm afraid. The bus runs two days a week I think so if you book when you arrive it should be OK. When are you there?

First week of March. Planning the options for when/if we run out of things to do in Deux Alpes itself.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I don't know the cost but it is further than you'd think to Alp d'Huez by road.
If you can sit around for a few years they are planning a ski lift link.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Posidrive, Happy I'm there a lot this season but not then, I've always found plenty to do. Another suggestion for an excellent free day (book at Tourist Office, held weekly)

http://winter.les2alpes.com/freeride-attitude.html
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowball, Closest driving is to Auris which links into Alpe D'Huez. 20km or so.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Should this post be in this section ? La Grave/The Piste ???
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ski there's one piste, isn't there?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Posidrive wrote:
Can you hire guides in Deux Alpes for La Grave and any idea how much for one day?

Four seasons back, the ESS in L2A were doing group day trips. I recall that the cost was 60 or maybe 70 Euros which included the minibus ride there and back (link lifts to L2A at top of P3 weren't running).

This is what you got ...

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1507376#1507376
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
From memory last year with a serre che pass you got something like 10 euros off around 30-40 euros for a day pass and there was a free car park.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy