Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Perils of driving in the mountains

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
And no not another thread about the virtues of chains or no chain, snow tyres etc

Week or so ago we were discussing how there seems to always be various obstacles that can ding your chariot such as concrete barriers that sneakily protrude out and you can never see in your mirror, made more invisible in the snow.

Well yesterday my mate found one of these obstacles quite spectacularly as he was trying to leave the resort prior to the heavy snow (now falling) to avoid being stuck here Little Angel

All looks quite innocuous really doesn't it Toofy Grin

However............

And yes that is his van chassis grounded on the rear jacking point and his wheel in the air.

More here and pictures as to how he became unstuck Laughing
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A decent set of chains hould sort that out Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
OMG... was he wearing a helmet at the time? Maybe it affected his peripheral vision NehNeh
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Avalanche Poodle, Laughing
He's coming in for so much stick, that's what mates are for Toofy Grin

Off up the hill for a couple of hours as looks like the hordes have had enough of the snow
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Weathercam, Laughing that doesn't look like the mountains to me.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Weathercam, nearly got caught out by something similar last year, was a small concrete step between a row of garages opposite apartment. Covered in snow they weren't so apparent, I was so close to bashing it
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy