Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Trip costs - what's a good deal to you?

Poster: A snowHead
Free is the best Deal Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yeah I'm not too proud to accept a freebie...nice of you to offer to foot the bill, stanton!! Laughing
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
alpine elements with flights from Gatwick £245 each for two, to La Plangne, if you can get away this weekend from Gatwick.

http://www.alpineelements.co.uk/ski-holidays/la-plagne/chalet-colette.html?mode=live&DepartureDate=12/01/2014&duration=7&DepartureAirport=0&Occupancy=2,0,0&price=245
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I travel with kids at NY (wife teaches) so about £4k for a week plus lift passes ski hire etc. Its bloody expensive.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Me as well, just throwing that deal out there.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
blahblahblah, A great deal. I have seen ski famille offering La Plagne in a new chalet, catered, with childcare and flights from Gatwick to Lyon for £1600 for a family of four. Leaves this weekend. If only the wife did not teach I would take my 5 year old out of school and book it.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mike-H, Ski famille are great, I have been to LG, twice and Reberty with them. Very good people. Could your wife not be "ill" next week?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
blahblahblah, If only. We are using Esprit at present. LG last year and La Ros recently. Like the all inclusive packages. Don't think SF have offered flights before.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Skipping the rest of the replies I'd consider 400 to be a reasonabley cheap catered week including flights and transfers but NOT the passes etc.

As for our DIY trips this year so far has cost the following to get three adults and one child out there for two weeks.

Apartment:- £1350e/ £1120
Overnight ferry: Hull/Rotterdam £345
First tank of fuel:- £0 (company car)
Fuel:- 300e (approx)
Tolls:- 120e

Roughly £470pp for two weeks SC, food will no doubt run into a few quid as will the wine but I'm very doubtfull that a TO holiday would work out that cheap and bear in mind that I'm only paying 3/4 of that bill, my brother in law will be contributing 1/4.

We are all very capable in the cooking dept and the BIL is a chef (who hates cooking), even the boy can make spag boll so this way works out a cheap, if not long winded way of getting us the the mountains for a good long holiday.

I'm also plotting a week for me and the Mrs with grandma and grandad taking on the babysitting for a week, I'll probably budget around £500pp for catered booking last minute as I'll try and book something a bit nicer for the two of us.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Anything Sub £700 pp including Half Board Accommodation, Flights, Transfers, Lift Pass, Ski Carriage and insurance is what I aim for. Try to find the nicest accommodation (Tripadvisor is a great tool) that fits that criteria in a resort I actually want to go to (Either because I want to go or have been and liked it.)

Going to the Hotel Seehof in Zell am See on 25th Jan 2013 for £690 inc Flights, Transfers, Lift Pass, Ski Carriage and insurance. 2nd year in a row for both the accommodation and resort, not through choice it just happened to be a deal when I booked late December and based on last year experience was very good, couldn't find a better deal for with the same standard of accommodation in Mayrhofen, Obergurgl or Saalbach at the time.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Wayne used to do that, probably still does but not on here. IIRC we paid around £700 for the full monty in Folgarida and had a good week, the only thing letting it down was the food in the hotel. Yuc.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
http://www.skiworld.co.uk/last-minute-ski-deals

have got Chalet Belette, La Rosiere £249 Jan 11th. 3* chalet/accommodation/half-board/with-cheapo-wine.

Or the 4* Chalet Alprnland in Lech for £329, superior chalet with not-so-cheapo-vinegar-tasting-wine. Great location 50 metres from Zugerbergbahn lift.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Best I ever did for cost was £149 s/c to L2A allocation on arrival. It was grotty, I complained so they knocked £40 off!

Others
Zermatt - £299 c/c view of the Matterhorn. 2005
Courchevel 1850 -£349 c/c 30 yds from main lift station, ski to door. 2008

With hindsight, both brilliant deals that won't come this way again. With such reduced TO availability from newcastle, deals are virtually non existent now. Ski Olympic always used to reduce but they have reduced their operations and rarely reduce now Sad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Their are catered chalets available in good sized resorts for £250 on iglu for this saturday, great value even if the wine and food is poor.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I wanted to add having just returned from a "good deal"

That a good deal is not necessarily the best deal, in the future I will decide what I want from the week

And base my decision on that and not just as cheap as I might get it

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Sun 12-01-14 17:14; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
Esdel, perhaps you could do a trip report?
latest report
Yes I will do
latest report
I think you can spend as much as you want. However, we are5 going to Tignes in half term and all in including 6 days ski school, hire, ek passes, apartment and coach, food and wine for 620 pounds each. The apartment is ski in out and meant to sleep 8 at 60m 2. Identical apartment in same building with Inghams on the same dates is £990 per person without all the extras. Our only reason for doing the coach is limited flights at convenient times/locations and we are only 20 mins from the coach station. We are more than used to long journeys by road as usually it would be me driving the whole way down to Bayonne in summer so not a problem for us. Have done 5 star in Andorra over Christmas for 3 of us all in half board for 2400£ 2 years ago but dd still got child rates and the bargain£77 for her hire, school and lift pass was awesome. Inghams charge over £400 pp just for that bundle in Tignes.
ski holidays
Edsel - sorry can't get it to quote but quite agree. Cheap/ value /best deal are different things! Did 5 star couple year ago and was fab, we're slumming it this year due to cash and being a bit better at the skiing time on the slopes more important plus we'll have cash for lots of dinners out or a sneaky second trip. Horses for courses?
latest report
For our family of 2 adults and 2 children, we've managed to squeeze it for just under £2k as part of group of 6. Deal through la Rosiere tourist office for apartment AND lift passes for €1800 making it around £1,000 approx for the 4 of us. Ski school aroundr 250, ski and boot kids around 50, skis adults around 70, eurotunnel with tesco vouchers, fuel, tollstolls and one night at mister bed around 500. Taking 5/6 dinners with us. Leaving tomorrow and feeling quite pleased!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy