Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Praconduit 1800 and kids on buttons......

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, going to la plagne 1800 on 18th Jan, can someone tell me what typre of lift services the beginner green run in 1800 village, looks to be a rope drag?

Also what ages would be Ok on a button, my lad is 5, normal build. He's done magic carpets and chairs but never alone on a button.

Thanks

Mally
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

what ages would be Ok on a button, my lad is 5, normal build. He's done magic carpets and chairs but never alone on a button.

loads of kids younger than 5 are fine on buttons - but will he not be in ski lessons? On beginner drags the lift attendants will generally be very helpful in getting them started - and picking them up and helping them start again if necessary. But you'll need to be prepared to jump off after him, if he falls off.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeah, he'll be in lessons, this will be his second week, did a week in les Arcs last Jan, just not had a go on a button as yet.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
mally, then the instructor will sort him out. At 5 years old they can listen to instructions (e.g. to "stand up") and respond appropriately. He'll be fine. Not long before he is skiing rings around you. wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
True........especially the bit about skiing rings! I used to ski ten years ago, now I board but I skied last year so I could help him, the help wasn't appreciated or required, he wasn't a fan of being in between my legs...."Daddy let go, I'm fine" were his words....."Evan, turn, turn, slow down, Evan, Evan, pizza, pizza,......." Waste of time.....He'll be fine.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My little-for-her-age not long turned four year old was just fine on that particular lift, a slowish button, in April last year. A few comings off, but that was nearly always because she gets bored easily and starts getting distracted and mucks about!! First skiing holiday, although she'd had a few lessons at Hemel beforehand so to be fair she was familiar with the button there. However, if she can do it, I am sure your boy can!

By halfway through the week in her lessons (ESF) she was skiing on the blue runs elsewhere and was doing okay on some reds like the one leading back to 1800 from Plagne Centre! So much for us thinking she'd spend the week glued to Praconduit! rolling eyes I think once they got out the snow garden on maybe the second day, they maybe spent a few hours on Praconduit at most before graduating to Plagne Centre and the greens up there, and then after that the blues around the whole resort for the rest of the week. If this is your son's second week he'll probably be shooting down black runs by the end of the week Shocked I think I'm joking, but I never imagined my four year old cheerfully skiing down a red in her first week either!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My youngest had got button lifts sorted by the end of her first lesson in the mountains aged 4, prior to that all she had used were the travelators at Tamworth.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for replies....

Mally
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
its a solid telescopic pole poma button lift
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy