Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wider off piste ski

Poster: A snowHead
I ski currently on a volkl mantra 177 with touring bindings. Great ski. I want to add a wider ski for powder days, say about 105 mm underfoot. Any recommendations?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hmmmm. regular readers know that I will simply recommend the new Mantra. Nice, understated graphics.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Love my Salomon Q105's !
Great off-piste and very capable on..........
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
So many skis at that size. Do you want it to ski like the Mantra or be a bit more modern?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jerryh, Black Crow Navis Smile
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Shiros
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Idris Skis Lynx
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Go wider. The Mantras are 98mm underfoot so you may as well go 115mm+ to really get the extra advantages of a wider ski in deep snow. 7mms difference won't change the game all that much.

So many to choose from, so you need to narrow it down a bit; height, weight, skiing style, ability, favourite terrain?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jerryh, I got a pair of Scott Stunt skis 196 cms, with Salomon Z14 Speed bindings. Big and fat skis, just the job.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
jerryh, how tall/heavy are you? Are you Mantra's the latest rockered version?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for replies. My mantras are a few generations old, probably 4-5 yrs old, so no extra rocker. I am 5'8" and 88 kg
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Gotama ..... Cochise ....
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
jerryh, seriously though, I presume you are withing easy distance of the slopes?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Might be worth checking out the new Mantra then?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Rossi Soul 7. 106mm under foot. designed for touring. also carve well on piste
snow report
jerryh, ??

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=105644&highlight=
latest report
Whitedot Ranger or the Carbonlite version is you want to shed weight.
snow report
I've got the Salomon Q115! Like kenx posted, they are great for on and off-piste
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy