Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Matter settled with Massif Soleil Transfers. Post deleted.

Poster: A snowHead
Massif, not sure your maths add up as from what I can see you got 6 people in a minibus which means income of €390 (after the €20 refund) less costs of €118 ie a profit of €272. If you had sent 2 minibuses (which you probably should have done) then your profit across both bookings would have been €154. Might I suggest that your offer is a bit on the light side to make this problem go away? You had must of this site with you (even though you shouldn't have really swapped a private to a shared transfer) but a fear that by trying to push your point you might see the pendulum swing.

Perhaps the real lesson here is that you need to have a minimum if say 4 for a private transfer.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
genepi, pam w, No offence intended, I was just looking for a pattern. Much of my family is Irish too and most of them are quite sane, but uncle Micheal.....well he's different.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Rather entertaining thread!

OK one thing I'd like to say is I don't like to see name calling on Snowheads, I love this site and generally the folks on here are lovely individuals and there's a nice amount of 'banter' without verging on being offensive. I don't like to see people being called 'knobheads' and whatever else after a cople of posts or throughout, OK sometimes people may deserve it but I don't like it.

I got bored so didn't read all the posts, maybe I'll go back as the talk of 'tail' I missed!

In my opinion giving that kind of notice isn't acceptable and changing without the customers prior agreement was asking for trouble-it comes across as a money saving exercise on the transfers companies behalf as others have said. If it were me yeah I guess a good apology and a decent refund would have satisfied me. If it was a honeymoon I see the OP's point it's not just another holiday and you want things to be right so your margin of acceptability may be somewhat changed.

Resorting to name calling is just unproffesional IMO, years ago I used to work in a customer facing roll as my main job and have instructed. Yes you get hard to deal with customers but it's all part and parcel of not being able to pick your customers, I've been ranted at and had to diffuse situations with where customers were being very threatening with other members of staff. Part of me wanted to slap them but it was my job so remained proffesional.

Neither of you comes out great from this, but to be honest assuming there is a long list of transfer companies availible I'd have sucked this up and avoided the bad press and nipped it in the bud earlier on. I'd not use your company based on this.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Grizwald wrote:
Rather entertaining thread!

I got bored.

Puzzled
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Having now looked at the company website - The client had booked a private transfer and the company changed it to Shared Plus - This reduction in service level is a one-way price difference of €5 per person, less than the cost of a beer.

I cannot believe what all the fuss is about.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Frosty the Snowman, utterly agree, but great fun all the same
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
red 27,

I got bored of reading all the long emails.

Frosty the Snowman, I'm surprised the cost difference between the private and shared is so little. Which such a small difference I'd have thought more people would want private and wouldn't be as profitable.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Grizwald, What the site does not indicate is the price of a "Shared" transfer as opposed to the price of a "Shared Plus" or "Private" transfer. I suspect the Shared transfer is much, much cheaper than the Shared Plus and Private. I would always plump for the Shared plus as you get a guaranteed collection within 10 minutes, plus you may get some new people to chat to.
The OP would know about the tiny price difference prior to booking and has launched pretty heavily into a dispute that totaled in value, for him AND his Mrs, about £8 ALL of which he was offered as a refund in cash from the driver! Life is too short for such shoite.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Frosty the Snowman, yes, but it's still funny
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
so you have a £ limit where life isn't short enough and your willing to argue it out rolling eyes
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jon,

Sounds a sensible course of action to me. As soon as I saw the thread title I thought this might head that way. People should google what happens to people on ebay when they put negative feedback up before they start slinging stuff on a public website.

Massif wrote:
Hi Public,

The Massif Attack! _ Brillant

Jon here, again Massif Soleil Tranfers.

Its was not my intention to feed this, but to put the fact across, and generally i am happy with most commends. Commends that I'm not happy with, I will take the view and make changes to the way my company handles complaints in the further. Im only human and will of course learn on the way.

Its not my intention to fuel this, but i must defend my company as i see fit.

After seeing the same posts, now on Trip adviser, Holiday truths, I wrote to Mr Neil once again:

On the 1st Jan 2014:

Hi Neil,

It was never my intention to make this personnel and i apologise for calling you a little man. I do hope you have read and understood the comments from the public on the site SnowHeads.

If you are willing to retracted your postings to all websites about my company I would be happy to refund you 20 Euros, no more, no less.

If i don't have any response from you, I will assume that you do not accept this refund and i will send 20 Euros to a charity of my choice (help the heroes) and send receipt to you that this has been done.

Kind Regards

Jon

And then when i leant that he is still plastering the web with his reviews, this one today:

2nd Jan 2014
Hi Neil,

Once again, I'm compelled to to ask you one more time if we can sort this complain out like men. I am asking you to take down your reviews about my company within a 24hr time frame and i will refund you 20 Euros.

If this is not agreed by the end of today, then my Solicitors, 'Jill Bainbridge' will be contacting you or your solicitor and will be seeking damages, which i have worked out to be 1500 Euros per day that all reviews from yourself or any of your friends and family are take down.

Every corner i have tried to be polite and get this resolved, my company does not make millions of euros a year, we run 4 mini busses and the cost to a transfer works out like this:

Single jourany
Drivers cost to Avoriaz = 45 Euros
Petrol costs = 30 Euros
Toll costs = 10 Euros
cost of hire = 33 Euros per jour any

total = 118 Euros

Your costs, for example only = 150

Thats a profit of 32 Euros. Thats why I only offer 20 Euros. The web price difference is 10 Euros.

This is not a threat, I have always carried out what I said I will do, do we both need this in a new year? No, i certainly could do without but will protect my business to the ends.

Kind Regards

Jon
Massif Soleil Transfers
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'd get irritated for £20, annoyed for £100 and really damn cross for £250, but I would tone it down if I had to share unexpectedly
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

plus you may get some new people to chat to

that apparently wasn't a selling point for the OP. wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sorry, I've just noticed that the OP was offered TWICE the difference - €20

geeo, was that question aimed at me? If so then I certainly do assess any complaint I wish to make and at what level my reaction will be. I would base my endeavors on a number of factors, including the monetary value involved and the time and stress the complaint would take. I don't have an equation to work it out or a finite value to use as a cut off point.

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Thu 2-01-14 13:57; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I feel sorry for the irate family of four.
snow report
The big problem the OP has, as I see it, is that if this does get nasty, it is up to him to prove that everything he has stated is fact.

The "avoid xxxxxx" title would IMHO give him a big problem.
The mention of using social networking as a threat might be a problem.
Proving that the other side operated outside Ts & Cs might be a problem.
Bringing in the other witnesses, as they would, might or might not be a big problem.

My guess is that if the OP seeks legal advice they might well suggest contacting the other side and closing this off as quickly as possible.

Big lesson - be very careful about having a bunfight in public.
ski holidays
emwmarine wrote:
The big problem the OP has, as I see it, is that if this does get nasty, it is up to him to prove that everything he has stated is fact.

The "avoid xxxxxx" title would IMHO give him a big problem.
The mention of using social networking as a threat might be a problem.
Proving that the other side operated outside Ts & Cs might be a problem.
Bringing in the other witnesses, as they would, might or might not be a big problem.

My guess is that if the OP seeks legal advice they might well suggest contacting the other side and closing this off as quickly as possible.

Big lesson - be very careful about having a bunfight in public.

It's all just the OP's opinion, which he's entitled to. There's no way either party could afford to sue the other.
snow report
interesting thread...
I can't imagine legal action being very sucessful... from the sound of it, the company was contracted to provide service (a) and didn't - providing service (b) instead...
as for suing for negative comments - that could be a challenge... has someone been libelled - if so, who etc.
Libel laws have I believe just changed so that the plaintiff has to now show strong links with England / Wales to sue here - and we used to be the best country for it... any legal action In addition it will be necessary to show actual harm - i.e. in this example the company would have to prove / demonstrate that actual contracts which would hve been booked with them are as a result of this cancelled / not being booked. - challenging!
There is also the issue that there is no agreed territory for the contract in the terms and conditions (unless that comes in the booking process) so the company would need to first establish which court they could use to bring any case! To be honest, I suspect the only winners would be the lawyers Wink

Best solution would be apologies and moving on!

Alasdair
ski holidays
It would be an interesting case. The first test of slander, liable, or defamation would be truth. There are enough "agreed" facts in the statements here by both parties to establish that there was a breach of contract so to sue the OP for saying little more than that would be a challenge.

What next, move on.
snow report
OP seems to have gone to ground . . . Shame really as he started the mud slinging and hasn't hung around to defend himself when a bit gets flung back . . . . In the words of Delia Smith . . ."where are ya . . . Come on, let's be avin ya". He seemed to go quiet when "Tail - Gate" came up.
snow conditions
emwmarine, a lawyer would laugh quite a lot at the suggestion this could get legal. It's a case of "two bald men fighting over a comb" as they say. I feel sorry for the bride - all her new husband's energy going into a black hole of disappointment.
ski holidays
seems like 6 of one half-dozen of other

OP: You didn't get what you paid for, fair enough - I would be equally as annoyed (particularly as I dont think even I would have had opportunity to see the email within 9hrs what with travelling and all that - and I tend to be a stickler for checking email), however you have not come away from this whiter than white as you have not behaved quite as you maybee should have!

Massif - Please discourage your drivers from EVER posting their opinions of a customer in public again. Does NOT look good at all on you, no matter what they say. They should be taking it up with you (not us).

Massif - I suspect you are not a bad company at heart, however you need to be aware (and Im sure you are after this) that anything you say in correspondence with a customer has the potential to be plastered all over t'internet forever and ever and ever. Some people are complete scrotes (I know I have been to customer service reps on the phone for various companies, with good reason or not it probably isn't necessary) HOWEVER you MUST be like Teflon and remain calm and composed all the time.

I'm sure lessons have been learned from this - It wouldn't put me off personally from using your company BUT just remember, the customer may be a complete goon, they may not have seen the attempts to contact them, but they are ALWAYS RIGHT (or at least believe it). ALWAYS. Even when they are wrong (you just have to be even more careful in this situation).

(I work in a job that involves a lot of customer service - to keep the contracts we have here it is VERY important)
latest report
taken down by MST

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Fri 3-01-14 15:00; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Massif,Lets keep this simple, from your side the moment you failed to provide a private transfer for the couple in question you had reneged on an agreement. You should have simply offered the refund difference between the private and public transfer it appears you did not in this case.

It also appears there is a pattern of your company doing the same from other online reviews, I could understand this happening on occasion but it seems to be a common occurrence with you service.
snow report
Taken down by MST

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Fri 3-01-14 15:00; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Fattes13 wrote:
Massif,Lets keep this simple, from your side the moment you failed to provide a private transfer for the couple in question you had reneged on an agreement. You should have simply offered the refund difference between the private and public transfer it appears you did not in this case.

It also appears there is a pattern of your company doing the same from other online reviews, I could understand this happening on occasion but it seems to be a common occurrence with you service.

Rubbish, they offered the difference between the private and shared plus cost. Also, there's only one online whine that I could find about the same thing happening.

Anyway, really happy to see a bob shiote customer getting a fecking good kicking. The little fecker has flounced of, or didn't you notice?

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Thu 2-01-14 16:27; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Fattes13, customer got transferred. Customer got offered refund. Not sure you've read it all correctly.

Seems to me they've had a tiny % complaint rate but I would expect a few complaints given the nature of alpine transfers and customers who don't check their emails or pick the bloody phone up.
snow report
Massif, but by forcing the OP into a shared transfer, you did significantly up your profit margin unless you disagree with my maths. You haven't explained why you changed from a private to a shared transfer with little or no notice and you have not offered anything near the increase in your profit as a result of shoehorning the OP into a shared transfer with no real option - best not describe it as a refund. I'm not surprised the OP went with a private transfer given the cost differential is so small - think you need to rethink pricing. Gut feel is that if you had offered 50% of the extra profit you made everyone might have gone away happy. I've been on airlines where they have overbooked and people have been offered more than the price they paid for the ticket to get the first flight out the next day and a hotel . . . .i know that sounds mad but it means net they can increase the overall loading in flights.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
PJSki, Considering your highly RACIST and Offensive post on page 2 of this thread you are in no position to comment! In fact you should be apologizing for that!

Massif, Must have read the mails incorrectly re the Refund so happy to retract. The rest I stand bye
snow report
So if we put aside the resultant slanging match and other comments re 'tail' etc. Massif attempted to contact the customer via the stated method, they didn't either pick up said message (personally I very rarely go that long between reading emails, voicemails or texts, but thats me and not everyone else). Massif it seems offered the difference as stated in their T's and C's. OP wasn't happy, slanging match started and then publicly outed on various forums and escalated to this point.

Don't Similar T's and C's with airlines exist (in that they can change the flight times and you are advised to check the airline prior to departure to ensure they haven't had to alter the schedule).

Should have and almost certainly could have been resolved amicably between both parties right there and then instead of the current state that in various public forums, litigation has been threatened. Fault exists with both parties IMV.

Still makes for a fun read but I am getting a bit bored with it now, time to move on?
snow report
PJSki wrote:
thecramps wrote:
red 27, by the sound of it Ronnie Corbett would be more appropriate for the punter. Or Danny Devito

The happy couple?

Just incase you are in any doubt
snow report
Taken down by MST

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 3-01-14 14:59; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Matter settled with Massif Soleil Transfers. Post deleted.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sat 4-01-14 22:38; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Taken down by MST

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 3-01-14 14:58; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
gets out popcorn and waits for it to get ugly again..
snow conditions
Fattes13 wrote:
PJSki, Considering your highly RACIST and Offensive post on page 2 of this thread you are in no position to comment! In fact you should be apologizing for that!

It's very difficult (impossible actually) for people of the same race to be racist to each other.
ski holidays
PJSki, It is racist and yes it is possible, It is offensive and is bordering on bullying towards the OP and his wife but stay classy PJSki,

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 2-01-14 17:05; edited 1 time in total
latest report
pam w wrote:
Call another witness; I think we need pics of The Wife.
snow report
Fattes13 wrote:
PJSki, It is racist, and offensive and is bordering on bullying towards the OP and his wife but stay classy PJSki,

Actually, you're right, sorry and I've taken the offending post down.
snow conditions
thedavman, Massif, well done both.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy