Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3 months in USA , what do i need?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have suddenly decided to go for a few months ski holiday in the USA preferably - can I just book the flight and return flight and everything will be OK?

I have enough money to fund the trip without working, so I don't need a visa right?

I can show ties to home flat, business, etc. And can show money in bank etc.

I will also get insurance...

Anything I am forgetting?! Advice welcome...

Code:
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You'll need a gun.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Frosty the Snowman, that's given to you on arrival . . . Sad

kinolove, You'll need transport and motel money. The only issue you will face is at weekends you will have trouble finding somewhere to stay near a hill. Us septics have short w/e breaks as the norm so through the week things are quiet.

I should be bolting the transmission back in the van today (short story of me not checking the level before driving it to the workshop and toasting the bands rolling eyes ) and the little bit of bodywork done the day after tomorrow and rolling to Denver at the w/e with a stop in Kansas City to file my taxes with the accountant.

You've left it too late to get any season or early purchase discounts on lift tickets and day tickets are bum bollocking expensive Shocked but discounts are available through some retailers and supermarkets. One thing that I plan to do is use the Resort websites to book w/e accommodation with lift ticket deals at resorts that my Rocky Mountain Superpass doesn't cover. That and the numerous hotel discount apps for my phone. That is if I cannot find a reasonable room for the season in Frisco on I70 to set up as base for the winter.

If your UK phone does not have a cheap tariff for the USA. The Walmart PAYG ones are ok and you don't need an address to buy one in most areas.

I'll add anything as my head clears and I get the grease off my fingers.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kinolove, Good insurance is an absolute must. For 90 days you will be fine without a visa so long as you don't want to do any work. But, 90 days/3 months is a long holiday. Even if you can fund it without working, unless you already know people in resort or are going with someone, you might find doing some work will help you meet locals/seasonnaires rather than just fellow holidaymakers who will be gone in a week or two. If you are travelling on your own and not working (and therefore not meeting people) I would think it could get a little tiresome or lonely. But that's just my opinion and many others might disagree.

The immigration officer at the border is likely to want to know what accommodation you have for the first few nights/even first few weeks and what your general travel plans are while you are in the US.

In terms of funds you don't say whether this is going to be done on a shoe string or in unadulterated luxury; remember that what you think is enough to get by on if you are doing this on a tight budget may not be what the immigration officer thinks you can get by on. It's probably best to have evidence of access to a bit more than you think you will need if you are going to attempt this on a budget.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A Mountain Collective Pass. Two free days at each area on the pass and 1/2 off any other days.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

The immigration officer at the border is likely to want to know what accommodation you have for the first few nights

think it's on the ESTA form? (make sure you fill in the right one online, not a scam site version).

we had a pre-booked Motel6 or something for the night of arrival. that was enough to fill in that bit of the form.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pinhead, The deadline for that is passed Sad kinolove, is going to have to work the 'system' to get hill time that won't bankrupt him/her
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
funds are not a problem as I have been saving for quite a while, but I wouldn't like to blow the full wad and might even go to Canada afterwards.

I think working would be good idea but from what I have read I would need a b1 visa beforehand and I might have left this too late. If I apply for that and don't get it does that mean I can't travel via visa waver?

Thanks for the advice all
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Your need a lot of $$$ its not 80's skiing,accom & gas prices.

Dont forget to tip (20%) your bar staff or your be on the blacklist.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
kinolove, Working is NOT going to happen . . . at least not at an income that'll buy more than a pizza per day . . . SS# (or work visa) needed for virtually every (legal) job these days . . . unless of course you have a unique skill ? Good musicians can work off the books quite easily but you have to be able to walk the talk and be very flexible, i.e. no regular gigs. The US has a real problem right now with income inequality and service workers are getting truly buttf'd, add to that unemployment support has just been kicked in the balls and added at least another 1.3 million to the desperate for a job numbers . . . NO you will not get work on an 'ad hock' basis.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stanton wrote:
Your need a lot of $$$ its not 80's skiing,accom & gas prices.

Places like Motel 6 still seem reasonably priced to me.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
kinolove, you'll need this then.......

http://crested-butte-real-estate.com/homes_for_sale/wildhorse-at-prospect-ski-house/

wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy